Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

TRD introduces 504hp Ironman Tundra

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-08, 04:20 AM
19psi
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kaluna
You're lucky the 99 ISB doesnt fall under EPA 07. You use bio in any engine with a DPF(Particulate filter) which is every diesel now, and problems will arise. 2010 EPA is going to be worse. Its a good idea, price wise, but it doesn't burn very clean... but its cheap. Most medium duty and class 7 8's will void your warranty if Low sulfur #2 isnt used.

As far as the Tundra it looks nice. Hopefully the fuel system is improved with the blower. It wasn't a complete package for the 3.4. I get better milage blown than when I was stock with my Tacoma. Even with the fuel mods. Those wheels look a bit disco though. Other than that, its nice to see TRD stepping up again.
very true. i forgot that pretty much all new diesels use the dpf which makes it hard to run anything but uls#2. of course a clean vo system can be used. we just installed one on a 08 dirtymax. ayway, enough of the off topic diesel stuff, i can talk diesels all day!
Old 07-09-08, 01:06 AM
Kaluna
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
it needs a drop
It needs a 6" drop bracket & 2.5" Coilover.... Lift that is Complete opposite schools I come from eh?
Old 07-09-08, 01:17 AM
Kaluna
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 19psi
very true. i forgot that pretty much all new diesels use the dpf which makes it hard to run anything but uls#2. of course a clean vo system can be used. we just installed one on a 08 dirtymax. ayway, enough of the off topic diesel stuff, i can talk diesels all day!
I know what you mean. Being from a Detroit, CAT, Cummins dealer... I know diesel and can talk about it for hours on end.

I would like to see a big name diesel in a Tundra HD. But not if its a CAT C7. I doubt an ISB would be considered because of the Chrysler association, and it deffinitely wont be a Mercedes/ Detroit, because well it just won't. A Hino engine is the most feasible, but with Ford having a PowerStroke (International), Dodge having the ISB, & Chevy with the Dura( and the C7 in the med duty), it doesnt really Toyota much choice. That should be interesting...
Old 07-09-08, 01:37 AM
ISBU
Lexus Test Driver

I think they will be using a supercharge 5.7 liter gas engine on this Tundra.
Old 07-10-08, 01:03 AM
Kaluna
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ISBU
I think they will be using a supercharge 5.7 liter gas engine on this Tundra.
Yeah. It says that in the spec sheet. Its a blown i-Force. I'm talking about seeing a diesel in a Tundra HD.
Old 07-10-08, 12:37 PM
LexFather

4 years too late.....I have to say though, the thought of a cheap 500hp anything is very very nice...