Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2009 BMW 7-Series Official Photos (+ video Clip & New Pics) . .

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-08, 11:20 AM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Koma
I like how they only used them to cover up the hood lines, body crease along the profile, and trunk lines. They gave almost everything else away (minus interior and head/tail lights)
Sorry to get off topic but have you noticed the attempts to disguise these cars are getting worse and worse? Maybe they don't understand how clear digital photos are now or how you can image adjust but they are getting laughable at hiding anything. The best I have seen lately is bimmer just taping paper around the dash in those shots.
Old 06-05-08, 02:15 PM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RON430
Sorry to get off topic but have you noticed the attempts to disguise these cars are getting worse and worse? Maybe they don't understand how clear digital photos are now or how you can image adjust but they are getting laughable at hiding anything. The best I have seen lately is bimmer just taping paper around the dash in those shots.
Well I've never been a big fan of disguising cars. I guess it detracts from the unveiling of the car if it's already been seen for a while but it's not like another automaker is going to see it and say "wow we need to make ours look like that."
*shrug* I think the less masking the better.
Old 06-23-08, 07:04 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts
Default Spy Shots: 2009 BMW 7-series LWB

Spy Shots: 2009 BMW 7-series LWB

Posted on Saturday 21 June 2008

Yesterday we saw images of BMW’s next-generation 7-series saloon testing at the Nurburgring and now we have the first shots of its long-wheelbase (LWB) cousin. As expected, the LWB model features an extended wheelbase and stretched rear doors to accommodate extra space for rear-seat passengers. The latest spy shots also reveal more of the car’s rear-end, revealing the outline of the new bumper plus the design of the exhaust tips and diffuser.

The new BMW 7-series is expected to be officially revealed next month before make its world debut at the London Motor Show. It will eventually go on sale at the end of the year as a 2009 model.

Some of the premium features of the car include a new torque-splitting differential on the rear axle, an upgraded radar cruise control system and a camera-based lane departure and blind-spot warning system. There’s also expected to be a new night vision system with pedestrian and speed sign detection features. The new 7-series is also expected to debut BMW’s new hybrid technology, the same two-mode system developed jointly with Daimler, Chrysler and GM.
source
Old 06-23-08, 08:26 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

The rims and wheels look too small for the LWB version. The styling looks very evolutionary.
Old 06-23-08, 09:10 AM
GS3Tek

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

I can't see crap with all those claddings, but I thought it would look closer to the CS concepts

Now they finally have exposed exhaust tips...and integrated into the bumper
Old 06-23-08, 10:25 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,630 Posts

Looks really bland.
Old 06-23-08, 11:13 AM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

people that think they need a bimmer will buy it
Old 06-23-08, 11:35 AM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Looks really bland.
I think it has way more body cladding than it seems. So it's hard to tell.
Old 06-25-08, 06:50 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

[Update: We're now 99.9% sure we caught the 2009 7-Series.] [Update 2: Let's go ahead and make that 100%.] Well look what we caught. Levy was headed out to Las Vegas for a bachelor party in a Ford Flex when he came upon a couple partially camo’d BMWs. He called me explaining he’d seen the refreshed 3-Series and the new 5-Series. The same 5-Series that had been caught lapping the ‘Ring a few days back. But then I took a closer look and I’m about 80% sure the car pictured above is in fact the new 7-Series. The first hint is the night vision camera just to the side of the license plate mount. The head lamps look different, too. Other clues are the CS Concept style twin-kidneys which are quite different from the grill seen on the ‘Ring car. You’ll also notice the door handles are above the cut-line — a 7-Series design cue. Also note that the rear-end is almost identical to these spy shots taken in Dubai. The trapezoidal tail pipes, rear lamps and reflective strip above the rear plate (another 7-Series cue) are present. Still, the wing mirrors are exactly the same as the spied 5-Series, which is why we’re hedging our bet. Levy also said that once the BMW crew noticed his manufacturer’s plates, a Euro-plated 3-Series pulled up and obscured the view. More pics after you jump.
PICS : http://www.autofiends.com/index.php/...2010-5-series/

Old 06-25-08, 06:59 PM
doug_999
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Faymester
people that think they need a bimmer will buy it
So will people who enjoy driving their cars
Old 06-25-08, 10:05 PM
LexFather

^^Yeah, people take their 7 to the Ring or track

I see intergrated exhaust outlets, seems to be another new trend. Hopefully they fine tune the 7, the current one has aged so poorly (IMO) its not even funny.

Old 06-25-08, 10:21 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1SICKGOAT

I see intergrated exhaust outlets, seems to be another new trend. Hopefully they fine tune the 7, the current one has aged so poorly (IMO) its not even funny.
i thought the current one aged alright
it didnt age like fine wine but it didnt age like milk either
Old 06-26-08, 09:26 AM
LexFather

The sides aged well. The front and rear look like adding ***** and a butt with plastic surgery to a 90 year old. Those angles are horrible.

Old 06-26-08, 09:33 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

They can if they want....perhaps via European delivery? The beauty of a stable machine with incredible feedback
Old 06-27-08, 04:23 PM
doug_999
Lexus Champion

....the current one has aged so poorly (IMO) its not even funny.
It would seem to me that quite a few copied the much maligned bangle butt - that would tell me it aged just fine?

Quick Reply: 2009 BMW 7-Series Official Photos (+ video Clip & New Pics) . .