Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Look what I found for sale

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-08, 09:05 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Look what I found for sale

P.O.R

TVR Speed 12 “Road Car” Legends are proud to offer the iconic TVR Speed 12 “Road Car” for sale. With its awe-inspiring looks and astonishing performance, the Speed 12 is one of the most memorable hyper cars ever produced. Four racecars were built, whilst the road car was always evolving in the background. There were supposed to be a number of road cars built to homologate the racecars and also to sell to the public however this never happened as the car was felt to be far too fast to sell to the general public and hence only one road car was ever built. The car was used very sparingly by TVR as a major PR device (i.e. Goodwood Festival of Speed, etc.), then sold to the current owner in Sept 2003 who then spent 3 years further developing it with TVR. The last iteration of the engine used heads developed by Dallara, full carbon-fibre body work, a brand new latest-spec Hollinger sequential flat-shift gearbox and the whole rear end of the car was rebuilt using all titanium parts. The car has been used about 5 times - The drive through London (where it made the 6 O'clock ITN National news) on the way to the Sony (Polyphony) Gran Turismo 4 launch (Sony based all of the visuals and sound of the car on this Speed 12), the test that was done by EVO magazine, the drive up the hill at the Goodwood Festival of Speed with Tiff Needal driving. It is believed that there is one racecar that went directly from the factory to Japan but without an engine. The other three racecars were destroyed. That means there are two cars left, one racecar in Japan and the only road car, which is offered here. Weight 950kg. An under stressed 820bhp and 650 ft lbs of torque. Twice the power to weight ratio of a Bugatti Veyron! British Beef at its best. Please inquire for further details. POA
(Courtesy of Classic Driver)

Old 07-04-08, 09:07 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I checked on wiki. The car probably well over $500k.
Old 07-04-08, 09:12 PM
sleeper408

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

I've only seen that car is video games. Wow.... sexy.