Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

MB SL65 AMG Black Series unveiled (Video Clips added)

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-08, 06:00 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by UDel
Not really, I don't care how much money I have even if I win the lottery for millions of dollars I will never waste it on things I think are overpriced or give it to other people or companies because they are greedy and charge too much. I see everything from a certain standpoint of what I think it is really worth especially compared to things similar to it and what I really think it should cost and what I am comfortable paying for it. Just like when I get in my GS430, I don't think it is really a 50K car or worth paying 50K or over new but do think it is worth paying in the 20's used which is why I did. I would not pay over 40K for it new. I don't think most cars priced 50K or over are really worth that much but some closer then others. I love Porsche 911's and want to own one someday but I would never pay 80k or 90K for a new one because they are way overpriced and are simply not worth that kind of money to me when I look at the car and compare its specs, you are paying a ton of money for the name and I am not into overpaying much for a name no matter how much money I have.

I simply don't see a 300+K car here although I do think it is very nice and admire it, that would not change regardless if I had little or millions in the bank and I would not overpay for it just because I had the means to do so. Many with that kind of money to buy something that expensive have no problem overpaying for everything and often times they do it so much they end up losing all that they had because they were not smart with their money and wasted too much buying overpriced things when they should have thought a little more if the stuff was really worth what they are paying. There are also many with alot of money that still refuse to overpay for things that they can afford, look at the Maybach and Merc SLR, 2 great cars that are way overpriced and people even with the means to buy them did not because they did not feel they were worth the price and were so overpriced. There are alot of less expensive cars available that I think are nicer then that 300K Merc and that is one of the reasons I think it seems so overpriced, if it was priced around 140K even though I still can't afford it I would not criticize it based on price because it does not seem so overpriced at that price point and for the performance even though very expensive and I could not afford it, it seems more appropriate.
Simple millionaires do not purchase a care like this, those that are wealthy do. As stated above, a car like this means nothing other than a token to them. Pricing is all subjective, if you do not agree, then so be it, that would be your opinion only same as pricing a top notch video card vs a crap $200 video card. Since many of us are not in a position to purchase it anyhow so what about the entrance fee, enjoy the car for what it is. There are those that think a GS430 is overpriced when a Geo metro can be purchased for much much less and with some mods will eat one alive. It's all subjective.

Last edited by Pearlpower; 07-13-08 at 06:04 PM.
Old 07-14-08, 06:46 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 222 Likes on 150 Posts
Default Videos :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13tB_ejHKo8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3ORmfIFYx0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRcoI97NPbE
Old 07-14-08, 06:50 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 222 Likes on 150 Posts