Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Does your Lexus service give you choices for loaner cars?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-08, 10:54 PM
OC 335d
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ES/RX for us.
Old 07-19-08, 11:30 PM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i want a LS loaner.......
Old 07-19-08, 11:34 PM
chrisyano
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a brand new RX350 with like 180 miles on it. I've also seen IS' and ES' with the "Courtesy Car" stickers on the back.

But as CK6Speed mentioned, at our dealership the loaners are likely a bit limited. They scheduled me two months in advance to guarantee me that loaner. Luckily I have another car, so it doesn't really affect me all that much if they won't have one if I really need work done.
Old 07-20-08, 08:55 PM
Jace7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

during the winters it's 90% RX rest of the year it's the RX and ES. I asked for a IS once and they let me have one...
now, since I don't have my GS anymore, I make them come to my house or wherever I am at for the day, and pickup my GX470 and swap it for whatever.
Then drop it back off when the service is up.
Old 07-20-08, 09:01 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I still think its better than infiniti or acura. Acura in town wont give a loaner unless its major. Infiniti was a step above and gave a nice G35 sedan (usually with the sports package). Lexus is absolutely the top in my experience in terms of the service. I have owned 2 2003 infiniti G35 sedans,1 acura TL 2006, and a Lexus GS350, and Lexus is the best by far. Not a racer, but they do build a beautiful car that will pamper you and comfort you. ( also pretty damn safe)
Overall you can't compare Acura and Infiniti to Lexus, so you should not expect the same loaners.
IN Atlanta, the huge, funny difference is Lexus loaners have no advertising, just a small number at the top so they know which loaner it is.

I saw a new ugly Acura TSX loaner in the movie parking lot after seeing "the Dark Knight" and on the HOOD said "SONS ACURA.COM" it was pathetic and it had tons of dealer posters. Infiniti loaners are the same, some crassy advertising all over the car like a walking billboard.

My relationship with the dealers is very different than most so my experience will be different. Now that I stick to one dealer, I cannot be happier than the service I get.

Case in point why Hennessy Lexus of Gwinnett gets my money.

My mother is going to take her RX for service and they usually give her a VIP RX 400h. We know the service manager very well as well as VVTi so she wants to see them when she comes in for service. The service manager was off so VVti called him and left him a message.

He actually calls my mom on his OFF day and tells her "we have any loaner you want ready for you". My mom told me the story and they are just great people and a top notch dealership. It makes my mom feel special and that means A LOT to me.

Old 07-21-08, 06:42 AM
D.Jobin
Lexus Test Driver

Believe it or not, JM Lexus had an IS-F loaner when I was there 2 weeks ago...I couldn't believe my eyes!
Old 07-21-08, 11:18 AM
pisaykotik
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by D.Jobin
Believe it or not, JM Lexus had an IS-F loaner when I was there 2 weeks ago...I couldn't believe my eyes!
I don't think I'll ever see an IS-F loaner in any of the dealers here in the Bay Area, it's usually RX and ES.
Old 07-21-08, 03:33 PM
Shoyuu
Lexus Test Driver

From my experience at the beginning of the week in the early morning, you have your pick.

Then of course I recently had a chance to get a loaner IS350 with F sports parts installed.... It's not even fair! I'll post pics later.
Old 07-21-08, 04:12 PM
dl11
Driver

Do they only give out loaners if you are over 25 like the case with rental cars?
Old 07-21-08, 06:21 PM
Shawnmack
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Hendricks give RX and ES but one time my Wife got a RX 400 and she didn't like it. But thats how she ended up getting the RX 350.
Old 07-21-08, 06:35 PM
RXSF

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

its good to make friends with the service people.

i never "reserve" a loaner. i make the appointment like 1 week in advance, and he always has a loaner for me. they arent always clean, nor new, but i never have to ask. even for the minor services, he keeps one out for me.

but they are usually RX and ive had the ES twice.
Old 07-22-08, 11:16 AM
Janizary
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Lexus of Las Vegas I've been given a choice of an IS250 and RX350 when I take my IS350 in for service. Not sure if there are other choices for 'higher end' clients. I wouldn't mind driving an ES350 for a day to see what it is like though.
Old 07-22-08, 11:38 AM
GS69
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Wink Loaners

My local dealers let me choose but the downside is that it usually from an Enterprise Rental selection ... not an actual Lexus vehicle. My favorite so far was driving around in a Dodge Intrepid while a recall was being done.
Old 07-22-08, 12:53 PM
Shawnmack
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GS69
My local dealers let me choose but the downside is that it usually from an Enterprise Rental selection ... not an actual Lexus vehicle. My favorite so far was driving around in a Dodge Intrepid while a recall was being done.
Were is your Lexus Dealer?
Old 07-22-08, 01:16 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GS69
At least you get to choose the retal If we don't get a Lexus loaner, we get whatever rental car that shows up Someone above mentioned Acura. At least Acura you get an Acura, although it will be a TSX.

Quick Reply: Does your Lexus service give you choices for loaner cars?