Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Is the X6 Selling?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-08, 01:38 PM
KINGLEX
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKGOAT
I hope the sales goal is not 20k US b/c they only sold 600 or so the first couple of months. I predict this will FAIL badly, too much, too useless, too ugly. Sales will only get WORSE after its first couple of years.
What is AMAZING is this car is 2 to nearly 3 times more expensive than the Acura RDX or Infiniiti EX and it sells only slightly only those 2 much cheaper cars.
X6 sales so far 2008
June 08-623
May 08- 732
April 08- 655

So at this rate they say an avg of 650 units times 12 months = 7800 units

Sounds like BMW is full of crap saying 20k car sold here.
BMW is a public company and can't bs about sales numbers. Also realize that most figures you are seeing is for the US and BMW sells cars worldwide. Again the production for the 2008 model year is sold out to dealers.

King Bimmer formerly King Lex
Old 07-19-08, 02:29 PM
TwiBlueG35
Lexus Champion

So far I have seen two X6s, one red and one white, both in Alhambra and San Gabriel areas.
Old 07-19-08, 03:38 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by KINGLEX
BMW is a public company and can't bs about sales numbers. Also realize that most figures you are seeing is for the US and BMW sells cars worldwide. Again the production for the 2008 model year is sold out to dealers.

I understand your enthusiasm for your new vehicle but NO ONE can deny the facts I posted. Everything else in this thread is
-I saw
-my side of town has
-I haven't seen
-I have one

Which cannot be the basis for how well it has sold.

BMW SAID 20k sold
Sales figures support on track for 7800 in a year. That is what I posted. Until someone posts some facts proving otherwise, it is NOT a sales success as it is not meeting sales expectations. Though I am still amazed they actually sold 600+ of these things a months since its debut.

Old 07-19-08, 05:18 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKGOAT
I hope the sales goal is not 20k US b/c they only sold 600 or so the first couple of months. I predict this will FAIL badly, too much, too useless, too ugly. Sales will only get WORSE after its first couple of years.
What is AMAZING is this car is 2 to nearly 3 times more expensive than the Acura RDX or Infiniiti EX and it sells only slightly only those 2 much cheaper cars.
X6 sales so far 2008
June 08-623
May 08- 732
April 08- 655

So at this rate they say an avg of 650 units times 12 months = 7800 units

Sounds like BMW is full of crap saying 20k car sold here.
If you divide the monthly sales by the total number of dealers in the U.S. and Canada, it certainly is a low volume vehicle. At that sales rate the dealers probably don't keep many on hand.
Old 07-19-08, 05:21 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by LexBob2
If you divide the monthly sales by the total number of dealers in the U.S. and Canada, it certainly is a low volume vehicle. At that sales rate the dealers probably don't keep many on hand.
I am not denying at all its amazing its sold over 2k units thus far. My argument is there is no way in Zeus's trousers that they will sell 20k units in its first year.

Since its built in South Carolina, I wonder if this thing was badged a Ford or Lincoln would people buy it. My bet is no.

Old 07-19-08, 05:45 PM
luxury1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I should have done this in the beginning. Here is a picture of the X6 so we can enjoy its "beauty" (???)
Attached Thumbnails Is the X6 Selling?-x6.jpg  
Old 07-19-08, 06:57 PM
rg_gibson
Driver

What people FAIL to realize is that BMW is not trying to create the next Yukon Denali. At my local BMW dealership, my SA told me that there will not be any available until early 09. The Allocations for October through December are all sold out.
Old 07-19-08, 09:10 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

me and this bmw kid from school, he likes bmw's as much as i like lexus' disagree on everything, even though we are best friends and the one thing we agreed on was. the x6 was ugly. but then we saw it in person and while it was still ugly, it was a little bit better. But like someone else said this is mostly to be bought by those who want to compete with the neighbors, and i think may be the next car to be seen of every seen of that show laguana beach, or whetever it's called now. i cant stand that show
Old 07-19-08, 09:12 PM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I assume it's selling i've seen it on the streets of NYC unlike the new FX.
Old 07-19-08, 10:15 PM
OC 335d
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Faymester
so far i have seen ONE x6 ... and vancouver is kinda like cali in how people concern them selves with image ... people buy the bagde here aaaallllllllllllllllllll the time ... to be honest i thought i would see more of these rediculous things driving around but so far, just one
Originally Posted by Turbo_gg
I haven't seen one yet, and So Cal is a car lovers haven, with Ferrari's, Lambo's, Bentley's, and RR everywhere. Just no X6's
I've seen about 4 on the road and a few more at the dealership. I tend to notice BMWs though.
Old 07-19-08, 10:33 PM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by KINGLEX

Incorrect. BMW is not a public company. It doesn't have a ticker symbol and their shares aren't traded publicly. It is privately owned by a family and they're very rich. You and I can not buy their stock.
Old 07-19-08, 10:40 PM
BCP43002
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've only seen one and it was in their ad.
Old 07-19-08, 11:55 PM
nlkccom
Driver School Candidate

Seen 2 X6 so far. They do look ugly to me.
Old 07-20-08, 01:49 AM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Trexus
Incorrect. BMW is not a public company. It doesn't have a ticker symbol and their shares aren't traded publicly. It is privately owned by a family and they're very rich. You and I can not buy their stock.
Sorry.

It is a traded company.

www.bmwgroup.com has all investor relations and stock info.
Old 07-20-08, 06:36 AM
KINGLEX
Driver

There are 271 X6's in the country according to Cars.com and it doesn't state how many of those are pre-sold. Compare this to 1500 X5's. You be the judge as to whether or not people want this vehicle. My dealer is listed as having one and it is already sold to me.

-King Bimmer formerly King Lexus

Quick Reply: Is the X6 Selling?