Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Totalled 08 M3

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-08, 07:03 AM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dunnojack
did i read that correctly?
the owner of the car didn't crash it?

it was 3 other punk kids, including the poster himself?
how many people were in the car?
it sounds like the kid, + 3 other guys went for a ride. not a drive.
Old 07-21-08, 08:09 AM
rai
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sleeper408
Man.... rich, spoiled, and stupid kids. I shook my head after seeing the pictures. Anybody remember the kids who were speeding on a private airport runway only to run off into some trees?
sigh

parents have to buy kids expensive cars right?
Old 07-21-08, 08:15 AM
rai
Lead Lap

FWIW the 'power' button of the M3 does not make more power. This is a 414 hp car either way. It's not like the power button caused the crash, just the driver going way too fast.

The M3 is not especially wicked or anything, it's same/similar to a Corvette while a Z06 or GTR (for example) are really really fast.

The M3 is tame for a fast car. I mean it's not going to bite you just don't go crazy like 60+ mph in a neighborhood. Lucky no one was killed.
Old 07-21-08, 08:23 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

9 times out of 10, young people between the ages of 16-24 driving $50k+ vehicles recieved it from mommy & daddy with a big red bow on it and still live at home. Unfortunately, these parents will just replace the wrecked car and get Billy another.. The difference between being raised on the other side of the tracks and knowing what hard work and perseverance is.. Work hard, get an education, and by that M3, IS-F, C63 etc. on your own.. I did..

No sympathy for these brats from me.
Old 07-21-08, 08:30 AM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

I've never understood why parents buy their children such cars. Its an accident waiting to happen. Its a known fact that new drivers have the most fatalities due to traffic accidents. And I see kids all the time on LegacyGT.com who get new Legacies, which hit 60 MPH in under 6 seconds. That kind of power is not safe for a new driver.

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
9 times out of 10, young people between the ages of 16-24 driving $50k+ vehicles recieved it from mommy & daddy with a big red bow on it and still live at home. Unfortunately, these parents will just replace the wrecked car and get Billy another.. The difference between being raised on the other side of the tracks and knowing what hard work and perseverance is.. Work hard, get an education, and by that M3, IS-F, C63 etc. on your own.. I did..

Back when I was in high school there was a kid who had an Escalade. But he was such a **** up that he had a Cherokee for when his Escalade was in the shop gettin fixed, which was every other month. That kid sits at home today and still mooches off mom and dad. I feel sorry for him. Get a life.
Old 07-21-08, 08:35 AM
SilverBull
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is pretty Gd Damn dumb. This is a typical BMW youner owner. There are some stupid kids that drive these cars. The threads they start on other forums tell me they didn't or won't graduate high school.

The M button can be programmed for additional throttle control, traction control and Power steering settings. Basically you press the putton so you don't have to mess with the Idrive system while driving. You find the settings you like the most and program them into the button. The car has 3 different traction control settings for anyone who hasn't driven the car. Those are pretty cool features.
Old 07-21-08, 10:38 AM
f=ma
Lexus Test Driver

Mowned?
Old 07-21-08, 11:07 AM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by f=ma
Mowned?
hah good one

turning M mode on under 1000 miles at night in a residential neighbourhood is not a good idea

best to learn the limits of the car first in a safe place
Old 07-21-08, 11:39 AM
doug_999
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Cali2is
Well if someone's Dad has a killer set of tools they might be able to fix it...
No way, Dad would have to be a t.v. repair man and have an awesome set of tools.

PS - I did stupid things when I was little too -but I had a 135hp 1977 Pontiac LeMans.....
Old 07-21-08, 01:06 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SilverBull
The threads they start on other forums tell me they didn't or won't graduate high school.
Education is over rated, and over hyped.
Old 07-21-08, 01:25 PM
sleeper408

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER

+1. I'm glad I wasn't privileged enough to drive an expensive sports car when I first got my DL. Paying $5000 out of my pocket for my first car (Honda) made me appreciate the car more, take better care of it (maintenance and appearance), and really sharpen my driving skills (manual). Through the years, I've moved up a few classes and keeping with me all that I've learned about cars and driving.
Old 07-21-08, 02:45 PM
LexFather

I am not going to say its all "privledged" kids and I am not going to tell parents not to buy their kids whatever their heart desires. Most SANE parents want the best for their children.

If anything, it shows how much DRIVER EDUCATION is needed. This inexperienced driver needs to take a/some driving courses.

While experience helps, we have seen PLENTY of ADULTS wreck M3s and other cars of that nature as well.

Its obvious with the threads we have seen with kids wrecking or dying in BMW M cars in particular (the M5 flying off the runway is another) that it should be MANDATORY they fly their butts to S.C to take the BMW driving course when the parents purchase such capable vehicles for incapable drivers.

Old 07-21-08, 02:50 PM
D.Jobin
Lexus Test Driver

Did anyone read that they hopped out the car and took off right after the crash?
Old 07-21-08, 02:56 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

haha those M3 exhaust have more bends than my custom LOL
Old 07-21-08, 02:57 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by D.Jobin
Did anyone read that they hopped out the car and took off right after the crash?
yea i don't get why people do that...I mean the car is registered in your name. might as well drag your car along if you're going to run away

Quick Reply: Totalled 08 M3