Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Hyundai Invites Aftermarket Tuners To Measure 2010 Genesis Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-08, 03:35 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 96 Likes on 88 Posts

aside from the crap about the "H" badge, i think this thing looks amazing(ly decent) but im definitely excited by the whole aftermarket friendly approach taken and the numerous 240SX-esque resemblances this has. cheap, affordable, moddable, and more attractive than a warm pile of poo.

i like.
Old 07-24-08, 04:59 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This car already kicks so much *** on paper it's not even funny. A V6 model will probably be in the high $20s, add the track pack for probably another $2K or so, and you'll probably have the most competent sports car in its class.

I mean 4-piston monoblocs, come on! You'd otherwise have to pay into the high $30s for a "track" Z or G coupe to get this level of engine and chassis spec.

Hyundai is right-right and people whining about and/or hating on this car are wrong-left.

They benchmarked the hell out of the G coupe, and it's already showing.

I'm personally holding off on considering a new car until 2010 (I think '10 is going to be a big year for the auto industry, lots of major redesigns and new introductions scheduled within the next 18 months), but this could definitely be on my short-short list.

I actually even like that bright blue color!

For fans of Japanese cars, this is what we've been asking for for years. What did we end up with today? STi's for $36K and Nissan Zs for $40K. And nothing from Toyota. But it turns out somebody was listening to our cries for affordable performance after all, even though that "somebody" wasn't exactly who we might have expected...
Old 07-24-08, 10:04 PM
Rollin'ES3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AdrianXT

For fans of Japanese cars, this is what we've been asking for for years. What did we end up with today? STi's for $36K and Nissan Zs for $40K. And nothing from Toyota. But it turns out somebody was listening to our cries for affordable performance after all, even though that "somebody" wasn't exactly who we might have expected...
So very true
Old 07-24-08, 11:43 PM
Rollin'ES3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sleeper408
I agree. These brightly colored Genesis coupes are too eye-catchy for me. I like what Hyundai has done. I can't wait to see a new V8 Tiburon on the roads too.
I highly doubt they will even continue the Tiberon after the release of the Genesis. Even if they do, which I highly doubt, they wont put the v8 into that frame.

Would be cool to see though, like a mini-genesis coupe