Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Sheikh flies Lamborghini 6,500 miles for a $45,000 Oil Change

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-08, 02:09 PM
pisaykotik
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since money is no object for this guy, he should've donated his car when it was time for an oil change and got another one.
Old 07-31-08, 02:23 PM
SmokeyES35
Pole Position

well here is the one thing when considering the carbon footprint. Did the plane that flew the lambo.. only fly the lambo, or was there more cargo, and the plane would have flown regardless of the lambo being cargo or not.. that is the question for the green people. how much it cost to do something has nothing to do with the carbon footprint.
Old 07-31-08, 02:24 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,433 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Ah yes, the British tabloid paper trafficking in and appealing to resentment, envy, and jealousy of its readership.

The Sheikh may not have even known what was done - it could have been a staff decision. And to someone that wealthy it's like one of us deciding whether to go to Burger King or Mcdonalds for lunch - it doesn't matter.

But some of that article's quotes are so stupid.

The move sparked fury from green campaigners.

An airport worker said: “This car doesn’t have a carbon footprint – more of a crater.”
Funny quote, but an airport worker is a green campaigner? And WHO CARES what an airport worker says? The Sun publishes it to appeal to the angry working man reader.

A cargo handler at Heathrow blasted the car’s environmental damage.

He said: “It would have been far more efficient to fly mechanics out there.”
Again, his opinion, while maybe possibly interesting to some, is irrelevant.

And Jenny Evans, of pressure group Plane Stupid, said: “This horrifies me. It is another example of how rich people exploit and pollute the planet because of their money.”
Jenny needs to go party and shut up.

But David Price, of Lamborghini Club UK, said: “If an owner wants to service his car in that way, it is his choice.

“I’m not surprised. Thankfully the age of excess in some areas continues.”
Yay!

The cars are popular with celebs including Rod Stewart and David Beckham.
More cheap shots aimed at making the readers feel self-righteously indignant at the wealthy.
Old 07-31-08, 02:32 PM
2002GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

Is it me or is that a very ricey looking Lamborghini? The gold on the body does not go with the black. Agree with others, "green people" upset over nothing, it is his money and his choice.
Old 07-31-08, 02:34 PM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002GGPIS3
Is it me or is that a very ricey looking Lamborghini? The gold on the body does not go with the black. Agree with others, "green people" upset over nothing, it is his money and his choice.
Very true.. those gold pieces are very tacky.
Old 07-31-08, 03:03 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by pisaykotik
Since money is no object for this guy, he should've donated his car when it was time for an oil change and got another one.
im with u on that one
Old 07-31-08, 05:45 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Irregardless of how wealthy the guy is. He needed to ship the car back to Italy to get a better paint job on the car. totally fugly!!!!
Old 07-31-08, 05:53 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

That my friends is BALLIN, PIMPING, what ever you want to call it, now it would have been cooler and make these eco people more pissed off if he ordered that Prius be dropped from the plane on the way to the UK from home, he definetly could afford it haha
Old 07-31-08, 06:15 PM
jackblack7
Pole Position

He can do what he wants with his money, but it's still pretty stupid. At a minimum, I'd be worried that the car is more likely to get scratched/dinged when being transported that far.
Old 07-31-08, 06:33 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Simply put, awesome.

This is the difference between being a true baller and simply being a flosser with a car note.
Old 07-31-08, 06:53 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Ah yes, the British tabloid paper trafficking in and appealing to resentment, envy, and jealousy of its readership.

The Sheikh may not have even known what was done - it could have been a staff decision. And to someone that wealthy it's like one of us deciding whether to go to Burger King or Mcdonalds for lunch - it doesn't matter.

But some of that article's quotes are so stupid.

Funny quote, but an airport worker is a green campaigner? And WHO CARES what an airport worker says? The Sun publishes it to appeal to the angry working man reader.

Again, his opinion, while maybe possibly interesting to some, is irrelevant.

Jenny needs to go party and shut up.

Yay!

More cheap shots aimed at making the readers feel self-righteously indignant at the wealthy.
Agreed 100% on every point. Thats called hitting the nail on the head.
Old 07-31-08, 07:00 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,433 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Originally Posted by MR_F1
Agreed 100% on every point. Thats called hitting the nail on the head.
Thanks. I recognized the tone of the article because I grew up in England with all its b.s. class envy and resentment. And at 19.... I left. Went to Canada first, where they attempt to have no 'classes' (pretty successfully) and don't like ostentatious flaunting of wealth. After a couple of years I said screw that, and came to the U.S. I'm not a flashy guy though... I just don't anyone should be looked down on if they choose to be. I think a guy like Trump has 'issues', but hey, more power to him! (On a political note, that's why Obama, as nice a guy as he seems to be, bothers me, because he seems to want to punish the rich for being successful - that is the politics of class warfare )
Old 07-31-08, 07:47 PM
BCP43002
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

While not my choice in color, how much you want to bet that it is real 14kt gold?
Old 07-31-08, 09:35 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by tofu_house
Green campaigners need to get their panties out of a bunch.

It's the man's money and if he's baller-status enough to fly his exotic car out almost 4000 miles to get an oil change, let him be.
I totally agree. They need to get over it quick. These cars are rare, and situations like this are relatively infrequent. Carbon crater ??????????
Old 07-31-08, 11:06 PM
nthach
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by trukn1
Irregardless of how wealthy the guy is. He needed to ship the car back to Italy to get a better paint job on the car. totally fugly!!!!

And if the plane was loaded with passengers and cargo, shipping the Lambo is pretty much chump change.

Quick Reply: Sheikh flies Lamborghini 6,500 miles for a $45,000 Oil Change