Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Cadillac rumored to be euthanizing STS and DTS

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-08, 06:58 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
I think CTS is a better option for me than an IS, ES, or GS.

Real back seat vs. IS
RWD vs. ES
Doesn't have a cassette player vs. GS
lol......its a really good car, blends the IS/GS very well. Its just not for me.

If I became 1SICKCADDY, it would freak people out.

Old 08-23-08, 07:27 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
I think CTS is a better option for me than an IS, ES, or GS.

Real back seat vs. IS
RWD vs. ES
Doesn't have a cassette player vs. GS
When looking at the year-to-date sales of these cars, as well as others in the class like C Class, A4, 3 Series, MKZ etc. they're holding up pretty well and selling in large numbers in the soft new car market.

This size and price range must appeal to a wide range of new car buyers.
Old 08-23-08, 10:59 AM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKGOAT
Well a couple things. Caddy/Lincoln put minimal investment in the TownCar and DTS. Its not like they had class leading anything outside the cushy ride.

While people knock Lexus for a cushy ride, that is what TONS of people want and while LExus has gotten somewhat sportier, the RX/ES/LS/GX/LX show people want comfy cars in droves.

Most BMWs/Benzs are not sport models but regular models.

I am Mike BIG TIME here, there is a HUGE opportunity that will be missed as this population will BALLOON the next 10 years and they will have no old school cushy cars to buy.

The LS will make a killing lol
good point on the lack of investment in the boats; i think caddy should have the DeVille (and yea i do think it should stay deville and seville instead of dts & sts) be it's S/LS/7 fighter, as a big estate style car that you very well might have a driver for. where as the SeVille would be more like ... hmmm, like a 5/A6 type of car which would be sportier and have some good go and kick @$$ness but still a nice drive all around.

this obviously leaves the CTS in line w. the 3/IS/A4 & the BLS (would they bring it over already) to ge up against the A3/1

my point: caddy shouldn't abandon a big estate car, maybe just make less of them but make them really good!
Old 08-23-08, 12:27 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The CTS in ways is like the TL/G35 etc. where it is larger and helps the competitive comparison, this is a good tool for a second-tier luxury brand to bring the fight to the competition. But I think there's opportunity in a new DTS or flagship and the name could have continued.