Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Top Gear episode with SLR Mclaren

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-08, 10:17 AM
SilverBull
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Top Gear episode with SLR Mclaren

Did you guys see this episode? That was pretty wild to race the car with a boat like they did. Clarkson must have been dog tired by the end of that race. Those seats in the SLR are pretty stiff so I can't see it being a nice ride for that long of a drive. I didn't start watching that show until I heard so much pub about it here on the boards. It is a quality car show without a doubt. The mix of humor and cars works out quite well. They are very different in their comparison tests yet they still give you the information you want on the cars and then some. I loved the episode with the Weismann. That was a nice roadster that has a sweet exhuast on it. Check their website for the sound.
Old 08-20-08, 10:57 AM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah I saw that one, that's got to be at least 2 years old lol. He was all hyped up on candy and coffee. They have a lot of good races, Veyron vs private plane, 612 Ferrari vs French train, Aston Martin vs all form public transportation, bike vs Merc GL vs subway and bus etc
Old 08-20-08, 01:17 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikez
Yeah I saw that one, that's got to be at least 2 years old lol. He was all hyped up on candy and coffee. They have a lot of good races, Veyron vs private plane, 612 Ferrari vs French train, Aston Martin vs all form public transportation, bike vs Merc GL vs subway and bus etc
dont forget the latest GT-R vs Bullet Train