Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Kelley Blue Book Names Best Interior and Exterior Designs (Brand Watch Study Q2)

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-08, 12:24 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Kelley Blue Book Names Best Interior and Exterior Designs (Brand Watch Study Q2)

http://www.kbb.com/kbb/MediaCenter/P...niqueName=2008

Brand Perceptions of In-Market New-Car Shoppers Revealed in Quarterly Kelley Blue Book Marketing Research

IRVINE, Calif., August 21, 2008 – Kelley Blue Book
www.kbb.com Marketing Research today announces the second quarter 2008 results of its consumer automotive perceptions research study, Brand Watch. The highly comprehensive Brand Watch report provides a detailed review of in-market new-car shoppers’ brand perceptions, and important factors affecting their purchase decisions as they are engaged in the shopping process. With vehicle styling playing a significant role in the decision-making process, Brand Watch is releasing the top results for best exterior and interior design.

SECOND QUARTER 2008 BRAND WATCH STUDY RESULTS

BEST EXTERIOR DESIGN:
Non-Luxury Sedan/Coupe/Hatchback Segment: HONDA
Luxury Sedan/Coupe/Hatchback Segment: BMW
Non-Luxury SUV Segment: FORD
Luxury SUV Segment: LEXUS
Truck Segment: CHEVROLET
Minivan Segment: TOYOTA
Sports Car/Convertible Segment: PORSCHE

BEST Interior DESIGN:
Non-Luxury Sedan/Coupe/Hatchback Segment: TOYOTA
Luxury Sedan/Coupe/Hatchback Segment: LEXUS
Non-Luxury SUV Segment: gmc
Luxury SUV Segment: cadillac & mercedes-benz (TIE)
Truck Segment: Chevrolet
Minivan Segment: honda
Sports Car/Convertible Segment: audi

“The results of the latest quarterly Brand Watch report show that consumers’ perceptions of domestic brands remain strongly favorable in many categories, particularly in the truck segment, even in the midst of the current tough automotive marketplace,” said Jack R. Nerad, executive editorial editor and executive market analyst for Kelley Blue Book and kbb.com. “New-car shoppers also are taking note of brands that are adding models to their new-vehicle lineup, such as Audi in the sports car/convertible segment, resulting in heightened positive brand perception.”
Now available to vehicle manufacturers and auto industry professionals, the second quarter 2008 Brand Watch report taps into active new-vehicle shoppers to determine their perceptions of automotive brands within specific automotive segments. Brand Watch examines how each manufacturer’s brand equity differs across vehicle segments, revealing car-buyers’ decision factors within each make and segment. Detailed demographic and psychographic information also is collected, reported and detailed throughout Brand Watch’s comprehensive study.
Old 08-25-08, 02:30 PM
LexFather

I don't find the Sienna to be the best looking Van...wow...Amazing I find new BMWs/Hondas either bland or ugly and people just love them. Wow, I guess I need to like ugly.

The interior awards seem on the money to me.

Old 08-25-08, 03:09 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 735 Likes on 506 Posts

I'm not a big fan of the current Toyota interiors, I think the Nissan interiors that take a page out of the Infiniti book are considerably better.
Old 08-27-08, 11:16 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It's interesting to see the luxury interiors distribution--Lexus for sedans, Cadillac/Benz for SUVs, Audi for coupes.
Old 08-27-08, 11:21 AM
wmb0000
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exterior and Interior should goes to Audi.
I think Odyssey is better looking than Sienna.
Old 08-27-08, 03:08 PM
LexFather

^^^ Yeah I still am surprised teh Sienna won....

Old 08-27-08, 03:58 PM
TwiBlueG35
Lexus Champion

This kind of study is pointless. They should do it by model, not brand.
Old 08-27-08, 04:18 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Kelly Blue book, stick to your usual resale value stuff.
Old 08-27-08, 10:23 PM
bad co
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Allen K
I'm not a big fan of the current Toyota interiors, I think the Nissan interiors that take a page out of the Infiniti book are considerably better.
for sure, the new maxi screams g35 interior at me
Old 08-28-08, 01:12 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

funny i think the sienna is one of the most boring and plain looking cars on the road, oh wait that's almost every car that toyota sells. for interiors i like the euro cars...audi and volkswagen and honda/acura.
Old 08-28-08, 07:09 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Hmmm.............no Audis? Audi, as a brand, is known for good detail in interior trim throughout its lineup.

As far as individual vehicle interiors go, the Lexus LS460, Acura RL, Audi A8, Jaguar XJ, Hyundai Genesis, and, of course, the super-expensive Maybach and Rolls-Royce Phantom all rank way up there too.

I won't get into exterior styling too much.........that, IMO, is strongly a matter of individual taste (as, of course, some interiors also are). But I tend to be conservative in exterior styling, and dislike bullet-shaped vehicles.

Last edited by mmarshall; 08-28-08 at 07:12 AM.
Old 08-28-08, 09:20 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by TwiBlueG35
This kind of study is pointless. They should do it by model, not brand.
Not pointless at all, this is very valuable to automakers. "Perception is Reality"....

Just like the study that showed Acura had the lowest brand awareness around. There is truth in all these studies and automakers learn from them (along with their own data).

Old 08-28-08, 12:17 PM
DustinV
Lexus Champion

I honestly hate how the subjective opinions of the participants in these surveys are used to rank interiors according to design and quality. There are so many other aspects that make an interior "good". Ergonomics and layout, user-friendliness and a pleasing design are some of my priorities for example. I'd say that these days almost all carmakers make good interiors one way or the other.