Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Review: 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-08, 02:57 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Thanks.

It's hard not to like the Challenger's looks, but the interior could be a little more retro than it is now, not to mention, of course, better materials, but the original car (I remember it well) also had a flimsy, hard-plastic interior.

Hers's an advance shot of the Camaro and its interior....you may have already have seen shots of it for yourself. We won't know, of course, how well it is built until we see it first-hand.

You can count on a review from me, of course.....

I'm anxiously awaiting the release of this and your review of it It might be a present to myself after grad-school is over in 2011 (maybe GM will release it by then?)
Old 09-24-08, 04:59 PM
LexFather

The SRT-8 was nice in person but I wasn't blown away (I did like the orange). I just saw a base white one on the way home and it looks awful. Way to tall, long and skinny and the stock wheels shouldn't be sold.

What were they thinking? This is the BEST we can do, more retro?

Thanks for the review Mike, on point as usual.

Old 09-24-08, 07:26 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
The SRT-8 was nice in person but I wasn't blown away (I did like the orange). I just saw a base white one on the way home and it looks awful. Way to tall, long and skinny and the stock wheels shouldn't be sold.

What were they thinking? This is the BEST we can do, more retro?
Did you get a chance to drive an SRT-8? They are harder to find than the R/T I drove.....and it is quite unusual to find two unsold R/T's at the same dealership, like I did.

If you had gone to high school, though, with the original one, like I did, you might have a different view of finally seeing retro new ones again after all these years. If they ever get around to doing a retro Road Runner, I just might get one......I was a sucker for the bird graphics and "Beep-Beep" horn on the original ones.

Thanks for the review Mike, on point as usual.
Yes, I've been waiting for some time to see and drive it. It's a car that is quite polarizing.

Last edited by mmarshall; 09-24-08 at 07:30 PM.