Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Bentley Arnage line to end with FINAL SERIES model

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-08, 05:41 PM
L&E
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bentley Arnage line to end with FINAL SERIES model

Full story and official press release

Bentley Arnage Final Series

BENTLEY ARNAGE PRODUCTION TO END WITH SPECIAL “FINAL SERIES” MODEL

For ten years now the Arnage has been the four-door flagship over at Bentley, but it’s time is quickly coming to an end. To celebrate the end of an era, Bentley is building 150 “Final Series” models which will take the best of the Arnage T and R models, to deliver unprecedented luxury and performance. Bentley also plans to add a dash of excitement with some styling cues taken from the new Brooklands coupe.

Exterior styling will only be changed slightly with body colored headlamp bezels, blacked-out grilles, 10-inch wheels and dual exhaust pipes. The Final Series model will, however, feature a retractable “Flying B” ornament and will have plenty of “Final Series” badges.

Inside, the vehicle also remains mostly unchanged but receives some gimmicky touches, including a “Final Series” flask and shot glasses, as well as four umbrellas. Proving that even a car with as much old-world charm as an Arnage can also be technologically sophisticated, the Final Series will come with an iPod interface and an optional 1100 watt 10-speaker sound system.

The Arnage Final Series will make use of Bentley’s famous 6.75-liter twin-turbo V-8 engine, which in this vehicle will produce a reasonable 500 hp at 4200 rpm and an outrageous 738 ft-lbs of torque at just 3200 rpm! Mated to a six speed automatic ZF gearbox, this is enough motivation to launch the 5,700 lb sedan to 60 mph in 5.2 seconds, to 100 mph in 12.1 seconds and to a top seed of 179 mph.
Old 09-24-08, 05:57 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

NNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not the arnage, why not the continental gt, leave the arnage please hahaha
Old 09-24-08, 06:09 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I hope they replace it with something similar to it...the presence of that car...it's like nothing else.
Old 09-24-08, 06:11 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

^^^ Well, there is the azure haha
Old 09-24-08, 06:56 PM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They should keep it so when i get rich i can special order one with a brooklands engine and Lexus semi-analine leather and suede headliner.
Old 09-24-08, 10:22 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Bentley to introduce final Arnage model

Crewe, England - Bentley has announced the final edition of its Arnage series, which will include an exclusive run of 150 cars celebrating the end of the model. The Arnage debuted in 1998 as the four-door flagship of the Bentley range. The Arnage Final Series will also mark the 50th anniversary of the company’s V8 engine.

“For ten years, Arnage has enjoyed extraordinary success at the pinnacle of the luxury saloon market,” said Dr. Franz-Josef Paefgen, Bentley chairman and CEO. “The Final Series is a celebration of the Arnage era as Bentley prepares for the next generation of its flagship model.”

The 150 Final Series models will use the Arnage T’s twin-turbocharged 500-horsepower V8 engine with six-speed automatic transmission. Special features include 20-inch alloy wheels, a retractable “Flying B” hood mascot, “Final Series” badge, “jewel” filler cap, drilled alloy pedals, rear cocktail cabinet with Final Series flask and shot glasses, two picnic tables, four umbrellas, and a Naim for Bentley audio system.

Source: CanadianDriver
Old 09-24-08, 10:49 PM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MSMLexIS
They should keep it so when i get rich i can special order one with a brooklands engine and Lexus semi-analine leather and suede headliner.
Bentley Leather > Lexus Leather
Old 09-24-08, 10:58 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Press release

BENTLEY ARNAGE FINAL SERIES

• Handcrafted at Bentley, Crewe, Arnage Final Series is an exclusive run of 150
cars, celebrating the last of Arnage

• Combining the performance of the T with the refinement of the R, Arnage
Final Series is the ultimate expression of class-leading luxury and effortless
power

• Arnage Final Series is the culmination of 90 years of Bentley heritage and
marks the 50th anniversary of the company’s iconic V8 engine

• Arnage Final Series also signals the end of an era as Bentley prepares for the
future

(PARIS MOTOR SHOW, 2 OCTOBER 2009) Since its debut in 1998 the Arnage has conveyed an air of sophisticated understatement as the four-door flagship of the Bentley range. Over the last decade the car has undergone a process of constant refinement to its body, design, chassis and powertrain to maintain its class-leading position in the high luxury market.

To celebrate 10 years of the Arnage, 50 years of its mighty V8 engine and 90 years of the marque, Bentley Motors launches its limited edition model at the Paris Motor Show today.

Called the Bentley Arnage Final Series, the new model features a unique specification, combining the performance of the 500 bhp Arnage T with the refinement of the Arnage R and design elements from the Brooklands coupe, for the ultimate expression of British luxury and effortless power in a four-door saloon – a grand finale, for the grandest of Bentleys.

Hand crafted at Bentley’s Crewe facility, the Final Series is an exclusive run of 150 cars, a unique example of the marque’s flagship created to bid ‘farewell’ to the highly successful Arnage line in the most appropriate manner and style. Bentley Chairman and Chief Executive, Dr Franz-Josef Paefgen, explains:

“For 10 years, Arnage has enjoyed extraordinary success at the pinnacle of the luxury saloon market. The Final Series is a celebration of the Arnage era as Bentley prepares for the next generation of its flagship model.”

Based on the sporting Arnage T, the Final Series offers a range of discreet exterior cues that further enhance its powerful stance. Key ingredients of the distinctive appearance include a dark-tinted Bentley matrix radiator grille with Flying ‘B’ mascot and dark-tinted lower grille. The iconic Flying ‘B’, which can retract neatly into the grille surround, was originally designed by motoring artist F. Gordon Crosby and was first used on the 1930 Bentley 8-Litre.

The Arnage Final Series is further distinguished by exterior design features first seen on the exclusive Bentley Brooklands coupe, comprising 20-inch five-spoke, two-piece alloy wheels and ‘Le Mans’ lower front wing air vents.

Additional unique features include body-coloured front and rear lamp bezels, ‘jewel’ fuel filler cap (made from billet aluminium) together with ‘Final Series’ wing badges and polished stainless steel treadplates to the front doors.

The engine, transmission, chassis and running gear of the Arnage Final Series are identical to those previously employed in Arnage T. In this specification, Bentley’s remarkable all-aluminium 6 ¾ litre V8 engine produces 500 bhp (507PS/373kW) and 1000 Nm (738lb ft) of torque – figures that ensure that the legendary Bentley ‘wave of torque’ delivers effortless performance for a unique driving experience.

Acceleration to 60 mph is accomplished in 5.2 seconds (0-100km/h in 5.5 secs) with 100 mph reached in 12.1 seconds (0-160km/h in 12.0 seconds). Top speed of the Final Series is 179 mph / 288 km/h. Each V8 engine bears the signature of the team leader who oversaw its hand-built construction in the Crewe factory.

The six-speed ZF automatic transmission, first introduced for the 2007 model, ensures optimum flexibility, response and refinement. Three transmission modes (Drive, Sport and Semi-Automatic) allow the driver to take full advantage of the powerful 500 bhp V8 engine.
*source
http://jalopnik.com/5054033/bentley-...-for-the-big-b
Old 09-24-08, 11:22 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,455 Likes on 1,609 Posts

The DETAILS really are impeccable.
Old 09-25-08, 06:41 AM
Koma

L&E you have a typo in your article "10inch" wheels.
I like everything except for the gimmicky "perks" and the alternating color swatch tails don't exude class to me.
Old 09-25-08, 07:29 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Always like the Arnage, with it's old RR-like design, I prefer it's looks over the Phantom.
Old 09-25-08, 01:56 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

i love the shot glasses in the back, only in an arnage haha. And like others have said, those little details are incredible, i see you can buy a 1998 arnage with low miles for about the same as a new ls, why not just go that route? haha
Old 09-25-08, 02:33 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

whats with the obsession of umbrellas by the english automakers?
i know it rains often in england but...

lol

joking aside, the wood, the leather, and all of the little details of the car makes it so special
hope i get to own a bently and/or RR one day
Old 09-25-08, 02:57 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

An end of an era.

I would love to see how Bentley will replace it with a more modern luxo-limo.
Old 09-25-08, 05:50 PM
gorilaFART
Pole Position

right when i was about to trade in my SC300 for one too! =(

lol =)

Quick Reply: Bentley Arnage line to end with FINAL SERIES model