Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.
View Poll Results: Which one?
New Maxima
41.67%
New TL
41.67%
Other vehicle (explain)
16.67%
A new Raccoon
0%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

2009 Maxima VS. 2009 TL

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-09, 11:07 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
lol, we tend too....follow me...
Nissan interior looks like luxury brand, that is fine
Acura interior looks like non luxury brand, that is not so fine

As for Lexus, their interiors look like nothing in a Toyota.

See!
we shall agree to disagree...
Old 07-22-09, 07:28 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My problem with the TL's interior is not about it looking like an accord or it looking luxury or non luxury. It's about design. It's overwrought, overdone and just plain kind of silly looking. The Maxima, to me, has a more elegant and timeless style. The TL is going for trendy.
Old 07-24-09, 07:22 PM
LexFather

Nothing could make a TL look this good. I find this superb!

Old 07-24-09, 07:30 PM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am seeing new Maximas everywhere. A very successful redesign.

I think I have seen 1 TL so far. A disastrous redesign.
Old 07-24-09, 09:02 PM
FinalBurst
Driver

You are trying to be funny but fail.. Show me a Toyota with a similar interior please? My point it the TL interior is too much like an Accord which is doing it wrong. Maxima is very much like an Infiniti, doing it right.
Lexus GX and Toyota Land Cruiser Prado

I'd go with the TL. It's a beaut. I love the Maxima, but I preferred the former generation's body style to this one.
Old 07-24-09, 09:04 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by FinalBurst
Lexus GX and Toyota Land Cruiser Prado

I'd go with the TL. It's a beaut. I love the Maxima, but I preferred the former generation's body style to this one.

The TL is a beaut? Everyone hit the ignore button!

Last edited by LexFather; 07-24-09 at 09:09 PM.

Old 07-24-09, 09:12 PM
FinalBurst
Driver

If you are here to beat this Prado/GX drum over and over your stay may be a short one.

The TL is a beaut? Everyone hit the ignore button!
You said to list a Toyota with a Lexus interior. I'm not beating a drum over and over, I've mentioned the Prado and GX twice, both times in regards to badge engineering. Do I like the fact that it still occurs within Lexus? Nope. But just as I won't turn a blind eye to it, I'm not here to merely point it out.

I actually like it quite a bit. Its interior is so inviting.
Old 07-24-09, 11:33 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I got a call from the sales manager at my local acura dealership today. It seems that they are wanting to buy back some old TL's and get a few customers into the new TL. I went in after work today to check out the car and I have to say it a nice car. The lines grew on me quickly, especially when fitted with the factory 19's or aftermarket 20's. The interior of the car was nicely done and had the most comfortable seats I have sat in in any car I have driven. It had all of the most modern features and plenty of power and handled just as well or better than my tuned GS. The cool thing was how thick the steering wheel was and how big the trunk was relative to my GS.
In the end we are not going to buy the car because its over priced and didnt blow me away, but it definetly earned a bit of respect back from me. It seems pretty common for dealerships to paint the beak grille and silver V shaped trim in the rear.
All in all Acura did make a good car in my opinion, but I am not sure that its a great car.

Bottom line if they are going to try to charge me 42-51K ( custom wheels and ground effects) for a TL I think I would rather get another GS for my wife or go super sport and jump into a G37 sport. Bimmers are not allowed in this house. (LOL) plus they are so damn pricey for nothing
Old 07-24-09, 11:44 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I got a call from the sales manager at my local acura dealership today. It seems that they are wanting to buy back some old TL's and get a few customers into the new TL. I went in after work today to check out the car and I have to say it a nice car. The lines grew on me quickly, especially when fitted with the factory 19's or aftermarket 20's. The interior of the car was nicely done and had the most comfortable seats I have sat in in any car I have driven. It had all of the most modern features and plenty of power and handled just as well or better than my tuned GS. The cool thing was how thick the steering wheel was and how big the trunk was relative to my GS.
In the end we are not going to buy the car because its over priced and didnt blow me away, but it definetly earned a bit of respect back from me. It seems pretty common for dealerships to paint the beak grille and silver V shaped trim in the rear.
All in all Acura did make a good car in my opinion, but I am not sure that its a great car.

Bottom line if they are going to try to charge me 42-51K ( custom wheels and ground effects) for a TL I think I would rather get another GS for my wife or go super sport and jump into a G37 sport. Bimmers are not allowed in this house. (LOL) plus they are so damn pricey for nothing
i've stated many times I think TL is poor man GS... very comparable in tech and performance, just lacks that overall appearance factor. Less refined, polarizing but nice never the less...
Old 07-24-09, 11:49 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I was amazed at how similar the lines seemed when compared to the GS. I do agree with the magazines that there really are an over whelming amount of buttons, but the car was handsome and handles well, and had a decent amount of rear head room. I also thought that the stereo that comes with the tech package was far cheaper and sounded far better than a Mark Levinson system. I was actually amazed by the sound quality of the stereo