Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

D2 Autosports in the news!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-08, 11:27 AM
pingu
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by newr
"One of the cars had a license plate that read "HEYOFFCR" and three of the cars had windshield stickers that read "Place Ticket Here," with an arrow pointing to a spot under the windshield wipers"

How stupid are these fools? It's like going to a gang land holding a sign "Hey MTF, shoot me".
I saw a green modified supra the other day that had really large gold stickers or paint on the back of the bumper that read "I know pull over"

Old 10-03-08, 12:13 PM
newr
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ExclusivIS
When I made the "we all do it" comment, I was talking about the occasional burst of speed or racing, or weaving through traffic. I know I do, but it's the risk you are willing to take...and there is always that risk of getting caught which makes it that much more exciting.
Old 10-03-08, 04:55 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

On further obervation it appears that these four were the slowest of the bunch and were all N/A 6cyl and a rotary

No Forced Induction or V8 and up cars were caught
Old 10-04-08, 12:43 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

to RX400h:

Please remove this post, the authorities monitor forums and you could potentially involve other people in this mess with reckless comments like that.

Last edited by D2-AUTOSPORT; 10-06-08 at 09:47 PM.
Old 10-04-08, 01:29 PM
farquad
Lexus Test Driver

i think rx400h is joking.. if he isn't.. i'm sorry but he's not really the sharpest tool in the shed

no offense..
Old 10-05-08, 03:17 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by djyoshi626
To the top link: since WHEN was the journalist allowed to post where they live, down to the exact address?
Since always. The arrest becomes public record with names and address as long as you are over 18. Reporting address's of the arrested has been done since as long as I can remember.
Old 10-05-08, 11:21 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by newr
I don't think so. Only a few would try and run from the cops.
I agree. I know I have been cruising along on a LA freeway when I was about that age and joining an ongoing freeway chase. Its fun. dangerous, biut fun. I am not saying they should have kept going but this type of stuff happens. I was driving a 1.3 ltr civic so I dont think the speeds could have reached 100mpg let alone to exceed 100.lol

The lic plate HEY OFFCER is freakn awesome. If you saw it at a show or in a parking lot you would snap a shot with the camera phone. I wish them best of luck. I am sure they will learn their lessons
Old 10-06-08, 12:42 PM
djyoshi626
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
Since always. The arrest becomes public record with names and address as long as you are over 18. Reporting address's of the arrested has been done since as long as I can remember.

Really? I've seen news articles say 'so and so from <city>, <state>" but not their exact address and what not. I mean if they did something bad, and people wanted to retaliate on their families, its kind of a safety issue no? Or do they determine by what crime they did?
Old 10-06-08, 01:15 PM
SUPRA OWNER
Pole Position

Default This is the reason why you can't believe half the things you hear in the media.

She doesn't know what the hell she is talking about.

Regards, Jose

Originally Posted by MoLexus
They are also charged for illegally modding their cars with sport tires and exhaust? Wow I guess 80% of us here are in violation.
Old 10-06-08, 08:22 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by djyoshi626
Really? I've seen news articles say 'so and so from <city>, <state>" but not their exact address and what not. I mean if they did something bad, and people wanted to retaliate on their families, its kind of a safety issue no? Or do they determine by what crime they did?
This is off topic, but lets just say they can print or report the address if they wanted to since they usually do have it. Sometimes they feel like it, sometimes they don't. Its just not unusual if they do. Not much different than doing a live shot outside the guys house and plastering his house all over live TV.
Old 10-08-08, 02:45 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

His car was pretty nice too...

Old 10-08-08, 03:47 PM
Curry
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sucks to see this. Nil is a good friend and a good guy. Shame it had to turn out this way, hopefully things work out.
Old 10-09-08, 06:17 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

quote from another website i got

I spoke to my boi Zee yesterday........man oh man are the cops ****ed up.
I can't say everything that he told me due to the fact that there will be lawyers involved and a few lawsuits will be flying around. They all will get their cars back, probably as soon as today. Charges will not stick due to the fact that the cops fabricated the entire story........
Racism had a big role to play in it, but I can't get into details. If Zee wants to put it out there its up to him. However its nuts how the police can abuse their power and do whatever they want to do then twist the story for the media.

In short, what really happened is that the fast cars were booking it in excess of 140mph while the 4 cars that got caught were doing about 75-80 MPH just flowing with traffic. The cops couldn't catch the fast cars so as the 4 cars that got caught were coming up from behind the cops stopped traffic and filtered these guys out and basically made them pay for the guys that got away.
Old 10-09-08, 10:13 PM
djyoshi626
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Hartawan
His car was pretty nice too...

dang his car looks mean, especially with the cloudy sky