Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Official IS250-C pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-08, 04:57 PM
Yay-Z
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im warming up a little to it, still wouldn't buy it though
Old 10-04-08, 07:30 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts

What a lively thread.

Lexus needs a vert in show room so this is it. So long SC.

As has been mentioned, taking design number 1 (the sedan) and doing something else later is tough to improve upon.

The thing will sell but not to us enthusiasts. Folks in Atlanta, Miami, LA with coin and a preference for rides that run them to the party (over cars needing to be towed to the shop).

Is that a conventional antenna I see?

Proof that it is a designer car first, shiny chrome rings around the new fog lights, blech.
Old 10-04-08, 09:29 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

yesterday when i looked at it i kinda saw the 2-door accord, and i thought maybe i'd see it differently today, but sadly no. anyone else see the accord?

additionally, where's the coupe? you know, with a fixed roof? i bet it would look amazing ...

Last edited by Faymester; 10-04-08 at 09:34 PM.
Old 10-05-08, 08:53 PM
TwiBlueG35
Lexus Champion

From the pictures, I say it is a big disappointment to me. The back of this IS250C ruins the whole fluent lines of the car. With the top up, it is a bit ugly. No way it could beat E93 styling-wise in my opinion.
Old 10-06-08, 09:21 PM
JDMUSCLE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Front.....seems like a normal IS

Profile....seems normal in the front half but going behind the door....seems like lexus did this in a hurry to compete with the G37 vertable!!

Back....seems nice...different...but almost MB like!!
Old 10-07-08, 04:41 AM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JDMUSCLE
Profile....seems normal in the front half but going behind the door....seems like lexus did this in a hurry to compete with the G37 vertable!!
They've been working on it for quite some time, that's what a lot of us are upset about. They didn't hurry it to compete, they've probably working on it since the introduction of the 2IS or maybe even when the LFC concept was shown.
Old 10-07-08, 06:04 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It's looking better everytime I see the pics but still disappointing. I saw a BMW 3 series convertible with the retractable hardtop yesterday, this time with the thoughts of comparing to the IS-C. It looks similar but not as nice as the bimmer. I think it's because of the more rounded and curvy lines of the car overall. The IS is more edgy or wedge-like. Also reminds me of the SC430 and Benz SL, again curvacious and more rounded shapes that seem to match the midship, retractable roof.
I would have preferred an IS that looks just like the sedan, a fixed roof sitting back toward the rear with no rear doors. I believe there are some photoshops around that were absolutely gorgeous. I'm a coupe lover and I would have traded out my GS for that car, not this one.
Old 10-07-08, 07:33 PM
JKA.nyc
Pole Position

I'd like to retract my original judgment of disappointing, I think the car looks pretty sexy, especially in obsidian. It's just those rims that are ugly that are ruining the whole car. Just look at these pics
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...03#post3891703
Can't wait to see it in person to make final judgment.
Old 10-08-08, 12:47 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Why couldn't we get THIS roof design?

Such a waste. Why also do Lexus concepts have such great wheels, and they aren't even available as an option?

Old 10-08-08, 06:45 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqZAv-H6Avg

heres the actual unveiling. pretty bad noise quality though, but still interesting.
Old 10-08-08, 10:41 PM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by RXSF
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqZAv-H6Avg

heres the actual unveiling. pretty bad noise quality though, but still interesting.
Nice video. I like how the young lady gets into the IS C and retracts the hard top...can't wait to see it in person...
Old 10-10-08, 02:38 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,437 Likes on 1,598 Posts

Originally Posted by Trexus
Nice video. I like how the young lady gets into the IS C and retracts the hard top...can't wait to see it in person...
Nice video? Worst speech ever. Skip the first 7 minutes.
Old 10-10-08, 04:18 PM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MR_F1

Why couldn't we get THIS roof design?

Such a waste. Why also do Lexus concepts have such great wheels, and they aren't even available as an option?
This is a mighty fine example...

This concept would sell like no tomorrow.

The IS-C, however, looks like crap...The thing reminds me of the 1 Series BMW. It looks unfinished from the doors, back. I was anticipating an awesome and drop dead sexy coupe/vert, but it's soooo not even close. I work for the dealer, so I won't be excited when the first one shows up...
Old 10-11-08, 06:47 PM
valgs350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
Really ? I see quite frequently middle aged women driving the ES, GS and LS too.

Yes I agree the car may look better in other colors, particularly the dark colors.
This sux, i'm driving a womans car now!

lol
Old 10-12-08, 03:52 AM
ren495
Pole Position

I'm not sure what to think of it. I think most of you are waaaaay jumping the gun on calling it ugly. I think it will look pretty good in real life

you can see the lines and angles better in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqKzN...eature=related

I'm disappointed because I wanted it to look more like the LF-C concept. Lexus needs to start making its production cars look more like concepts, instead of toning them down. Look at what BMW/MB are doing.

I'm afraid Lexus will tone down the next RX also. the LF-Xh concept looks AWESOME

Lexus should make a new SC, on the LF-A platform, to compete with 6 series, that would look more like the LF-C concept with that uber-cool 3 piece targa/convt/coupe roof. Oh yeah, and give it a new generation lithium ion hybrid powertrain. I'd buy one even if it cost $100K

Quick Reply: Official IS250-C pics