Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Official IS250-C pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-08, 09:45 PM
MoLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It takes away from the lines of the L-Finesse concept that Lexus uses today.
Old 10-02-08, 09:59 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Well, I have nothing original to add. Like most of the rest of the board I think it's a disapointment and with how ever many years it took them to create this I would have expected better.

I'll check it out at the dealership and probably take one for a drive (I might be suprised) but I expect to not like it at that time either.
Old 10-03-08, 02:05 AM
Edmo83
Driver

looks okay with the top down. but i agree it looks horrid with the top up. i seriously can't lexus selling a lot of these. I think they should just make a IS coupe, sorta bringing the appeal of the SC300 back , esp since toyota is probably going to kill off the SC in 2010

i might have missed it reading through this, but any word on a price?
Old 10-03-08, 08:05 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Edmo83
i might have missed it reading through this, but any word on a price?
Official pricing is usually released approx 2-3 weeks before the official sale date...
Old 10-03-08, 08:28 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusChris
Where is the IS350 version though?
Originally Posted by bitkahuna
In this economy I highly doubt you'll see one.
the IS 250C and IS 350C will come to the U.S. in the late spring of 2009 ...

Lexus Reveals IS Convertible at Paris Motor Show

October 2, 2008 - Torrance, CA - Lexus today revealed the IS retractable hard-top convertible at the 2008 Paris Motor Show. Continuing the performance and styling trends set by the IS luxury sport sedans, the IS 250C and IS 350C will come to the U.S. in the late spring of 2009.
Featuring a three-panel roof that opens in just 21 seconds, the new IS 250C and IS 350C provide the spirited sophistication of a convertible and the sporty styling of a coupe. While the hood, headlamps, door handles and mirrors are common to the exterior of the IS sedans, all other body panels have been designed to blend seamlessly with the new three-panel aluminum folding roof.

Powered by the same powertrain as the IS sedans, the IS 250C features a 2.5-liter, 204-hp V6 mated to a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission; the IS 350C contains a 3.5-liter, 306-hp with a six-speed automatic. Revisions to the body structure and suspension provide torsional stiffness and ride comfort with the top down, and low Lexus-like Noise, Vibration and Harshness (NVH) on par with the IS sedan when in coupe configuration.

The three-panel roof structure is completely constructed of lightweight aluminum that helps achieve smooth, quiet retraction. Unlike many retractable-roof mechanisms that increase in speed due to the weight of the structure, a unique roof-brake mechanism slows the closing roof-panels as they approach the windscreen area, ensuring easy retraction just before closure. In addition, the top completely retracts with no elements remaining in view. The three-panel folding aluminum roof also helps provide compact packaging and convenient luggage space.

The IS 250C and IS 350C's new exterior design provides dynamic, unique styling when interchanging between convertible and coupe configurations. A sleek aerodynamic design and a collection of underbody covers help achieve its lowest possible drag coefficient – 0.29 Cd versus the IS sedan's 0.27 Cd – while creating minimal wind turbulence on the cabin. An acoustic glass windshield, along with optimized seals on the roof, door and window panels, contributes to lower wind-noise levels.

A new fog-lamp design is integrated in the revised front air dam. The rear overhang increases by two inches to improve luggage space, providing storage for two golf bags in coupe configuration and one in a convertible. New combination tail-lamp clusters feature LED lights; a LED brake light is integrated within the standard rear spoiler.

The interior maintains the innovation and luxury touch points associated with the IS sport sedans, while new comfort and entertainment features provide a consistent atmosphere regardless of top configuration. Instrument gauges have been revised to help increase visibility during top-down driving, and the climate-control system has a speed-sensitive control feature that automatically increases air flow when the top is down while also automatically adjusting to vehicle speed.

The sound system has an equalizer-tuning feature that provides consistent audio whether the top is up or down, and it also automatically adapts to the natural loss of bass when the top is down.

With a four-seat configuration, the IS 250C and IS 350C's rear seats feature a center console with built-in cup holders. In addition to front doors that are 11.8 inches longer than the IS sedans, a new one-touch automatic mechanism provides easier egress and ingress through quick-acting, front-seat fold-and-slide activation. Rear-seat comfort is enhanced by shifting seat position inboard, providing improved headroom. The front seat backs are configured to also provide better rear-seat legroom.

All body and chassis revisions have gone through extensive testing to ensure that the IS 250C and IS 350C have nearly identical NVH characteristics as the IS sedans, while still providing a consistent blend of driving performance and comfort in convertible or coupe configuration. They share common double-wishbone front and multi-link rear suspension systems with the IS sport sedan models.

A number of body-structure changes have been integrated in the IS 250C and IS 350C to augment strength, roll-over protection and torsional rigidity. Active safety features from the IS sedans transfer as well, including Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM), Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), and an available Pre-Collision System (PCS). The Safety Restraint System (SRS) will include the twin-chamber passenger airbag, while a new enlarged seat-mounted side airbag helps provide additional protection in certain side-impact scenarios. The convertible body shell has additional energy absorbing side-impact materials that also help protect front and rear passengers.
source
Old 10-03-08, 08:30 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Video;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUck0...-Videos-35559/
Old 10-03-08, 08:35 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by speedflex
"We're sorry, this video is no longer available"

Edit : Checked again, it's good now.

Last edited by Gojirra99; 10-03-08 at 09:10 AM.
Old 10-03-08, 09:38 AM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Did the wheelbase become shorter or did the car become longer? Not such a big fan of increasing the length of the front and rear overhang; the car in general, IMO anyway, would be a huge disappointment had I of been waiting for one of these... Not quite a failure, but far from a success from the looks of it. Maybe it'll surprise us when seen in real life though.
Old 10-03-08, 10:05 AM
jay.see
Driver School Candidate

I was disappointed at first like many, but strangely the more I look at it the more I like it... I will definitely have to see it in person before I make my final judgment about the car
Old 10-03-08, 10:46 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Fugly IMO.......
Old 10-03-08, 12:02 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

dark color to hide some of teh fugleh?

Last edited by dunnojack; 10-03-08 at 12:26 PM.
Old 10-03-08, 12:14 PM
RXSF

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

theres so much SC430 resemblance

you'd think they would have learned something from the success, or lack of it.

im also still looking for the unveiling video
Old 10-03-08, 01:04 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by RXSF
theres so much SC430 resemblance

you'd think they would have learned something from the success, or lack of it.

im also still looking for the unveiling video
there are? i must have missed them. the lines on sc430 are so much better. this has much higher trunk and it's 3 piece roof rather than 2 piece
Old 10-03-08, 01:33 PM
xioix
Racer

Originally Posted by rominl
there are? i must have missed them. the lines on sc430 are so much better. this has much higher trunk and it's 3 piece roof rather than 2 piece
The lines of the SC430 flow much better than the IS***C
Old 10-03-08, 01:47 PM
RXSF

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

its like an elongated IS

Quick Reply: Official IS250-C pics