Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2010 Mazda3 unveiled

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-08, 09:20 AM
JDMUSCLE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

well the new 09 corolla does break away a little from the bland ones in the past
Old 10-13-08, 12:56 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

The rear doesn't look much differentr from the present car. The front, in contrast, looks like an egg........WAY too aero/sweptback for my tastes.
Old 10-13-08, 02:53 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
orly?

Damn. I cant believe Toyota still makes stuff like this. It looks so mid-1990's.
Old 10-13-08, 04:59 PM
farquad
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was so hyped about it when i first saw it (the corolla).. but really, all it is, is a basic automobile designed to get you from point a to point b..
Old 10-13-08, 05:06 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GFerg
Damn. I cant believe Toyota still makes stuff like this. It looks so mid-1990's.
Yeah.....it actually looks GOOD. Some of today's stuff, IMO, is ludicrous.
Old 10-13-08, 05:10 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

orly?

If you're going to make a point, at least try to use information that's pertinent. Those pics are NOT the USDM Corolla. The USDM Corolla has a different bumper, and different grill.

Those pics are the Corolla Axio, the blandest of ALL Corollas. It's sold in a few Asian markets, but not here.
Old 10-13-08, 06:05 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
If you're going to make a point, at least try to use information that's pertinent. Those pics are NOT the USDM Corolla. The USDM Corolla has a different bumper, and different grill.

Those pics are the Corolla Axio, the blandest of ALL Corollas. It's sold in a few Asian markets, but not here.
Good point. And, yes, now that you mention it, it is obvious that those are not U.S.-spec bumpers. I didn't notice that at first.

I disagree, however, that it the styling is "bland". I get turned off by super-aero, space-ship looks.....I much prefer styling like this.
Old 10-13-08, 06:05 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,418 Likes on 1,584 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy

Mmkay... my bad, thanks.

Here's one from Edmunds, of a U.S. 2009 Corolla. Such a huge difference.

Old 10-13-08, 06:19 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMUSCLE
Mazda has got some pretty nice looking cars these days.....if only they were reliable like a Toyota they would realy kick some *** in the market....well Ford is what taking them down.
wat.

Mazda has pretty decent ratings these days. Are those Ford motors under the hoods? Where are all the 2.3L turbo Fords then? Ford doesn't tune or design the suspension either or their cars would be at the level Mazda is at. Its no Lexus or anything on the reliability front, but Toyota has been having plenty of its own issues. As far as handling goes, across the entire model range, only BMW (as far as non-exotic cars go) can be mentioned in the same sentence as Mazda. If you don't believe me, go drive a MS3 hatch and tell me it doesn't outhandle everything short of an M3.

People don't buy a Toyota because of its reliability; if they did they would have stopped buying quite a few of their best sellers a couple years ago. They buy them for their perceived reliability; pig and elephant DNA just won't splice.

Last edited by Bean; 10-13-08 at 06:22 PM.
Old 10-13-08, 06:22 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bean

Mazda has pretty high ratings these days. Its no Lexus or anything, but Toyota has been having plenty of its own issues.
Entry-level Mazda sedans have always had better-then-average reliability....that is nothing new, or confined to recent times. I had three of them myself, before I got my first Toyota....a Celica.
Old 10-13-08, 06:52 PM
LexFather

I would get a Mazda way before I got a Honda or Toyota. Mazda is my favorite non luxury brand. My families experience with 2 929s has been great.

They are good looking, well built with good features and don't have the Ricer/moron stigma (Honda) or sheep/boring to death people (Toyota) either and image counts.

ZOOM ZOOM BISHES

Old 10-13-08, 07:39 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,418 Likes on 1,584 Posts

Feelin' the Mazda love (except TRDFantasy )
Old 10-13-08, 07:49 PM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Feelin' the Mazda love (except TRDFantasy )

I've felt the Mazda love and it was good to me

TRDFantasy only feels Toyota love.
Old 10-13-08, 07:52 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 222 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I would get a Mazda way before I got a Honda or Toyota. Mazda is my favorite non luxury brand.
Same here, I would pick the Mazda3 and Mazda6 over any of their competitors in the same class.
Old 10-13-08, 08:22 PM
ST430
Pole Position

Received 120 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I would get a Mazda way before I got a Honda or Toyota. Mazda is my favorite non luxury brand. My families experience with 2 929s has been great.

They are good looking, well built with good features and don't have the Ricer/moron stigma (Honda) or sheep/boring to death people (Toyota) either and image counts.

ZOOM ZOOM BISHES
I had the same thought last year and bought a fully loaded Mazda CX-7. It definitely had the Zoom-zoom appeal and the looks to coincide with it! HOWEVER, in terms of quality, it's a mixed bag. My interior went to crap after 6 months (plastic scratched easily and leather looked worn already and i hardly drove it). The check engine light went on about 2/3 of the time driving me batty! After getting a 09' RAV4 recently, the CX-7 just sits in the garage collecting dust now. Great thought, great design, but execution wise, Mazda has a long ways to go to catch up with Honda/Toyco quality! I don't think I will buy another one anytime soon unless they upgrade from the Ford class they are derived from....

Quick Reply: 2010 Mazda3 unveiled