Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

BMW North America apparently reads through BMW forums in detail

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-08 | 09:06 AM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Default BMW North America apparently reads through BMW forums in detail

I made a post on bimmerforums just kind of venting about the never-ending series of glitches and issues my car has had since I leased it almost a year ago and the dealer's inability to fix some of those issues as well as ability to cause more issues in the process of trying to fix the existing issues.

Well apparently they read my post, and even though I never gave my name on the forum, they matched it up to service records in the area and called my cell phone apologizing for my experience and asking if they made a lease payment for me or put me in a brand new comparable 335i with no additional cost if that would make me feel better about the bad luck I'd had with my car.

I just told them to do whatever they felt was fair and they said they were going to talk to the dealer and get back to me.

Anyhow... I was impressed to say the least. Most of the time I hear about poeple complaining to corporate and being more or less ignored or told to take it up with the dealer and usually the dealer does nothing. In this case I didn't even complain to corporate (yet), I just posted my complaints on a public message board!
Old 10-09-08 | 09:10 AM
Koma
CL Folding 25,000

Originally Posted by Threxx
I made a post on bimmerforums just kind of venting about the never-ending series of glitches and issues my car has had since I leased it almost a year ago and the dealer's inability to fix some of those issues as well as ability to cause more issues in the process of trying to fix the existing issues.

Well apparently they read my post, and even though I never gave my name on the forum, they matched it up to service records in the area and called my cell phone apologizing for my experience and asking if they made a lease payment for me or put me in a brand new comparable 335i with no additional cost if that would make me feel better about the bad luck I'd had with my car.

I just told them to do whatever they felt was fair and they said they were going to talk to the dealer and get back to me.

Anyhow... I was impressed to say the least. Most of the time I hear about poeple complaining to corporate and being more or less ignored or told to take it up with the dealer and usually the dealer does nothing. In this case I didn't even complain to corporate (yet), I just posted my complaints on a public message board!
That's impressive.
I would've chosen the new comparable 335. Taking a lease payment off would be nice if the car wasn't so messed up, might as well take a (hopefully) better car.
Old 10-09-08 | 09:20 AM
GS3Tek

Originally Posted by Threxx
I

That's good to hear. Maybe sales are slow so they have some time to read the boards and see what "enthusiasts" want/expect

Seems like lexus is doing the same thing
Old 10-09-08 | 09:22 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

It's possible that they go through it.

But they also have to make sure it's legitimate. Of the numerous posts in an online forum, you know that many issues are overexaggerated, or flat out false.

I'm happy that it's turning out so well in your situation. That's excellent service from whoever is watching out for you...
Old 10-09-08 | 09:26 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Wow, very impressive!
Old 10-09-08 | 09:28 AM
link13
Lead Lap

I hope the Lexus guys don't read the 2IS forums. They'd be horrified.
Old 10-09-08 | 09:38 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

That's very nice of them, good for you
Old 10-09-08 | 09:49 AM
kit cat

Good job BMW!!
I hope Lexus reads CL too.
Old 10-09-08 | 10:27 AM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by link13
I hope the Lexus guys don't read the 2IS forums. They'd be horrified.
Why's that lol
Old 10-09-08 | 10:34 AM
Big Andy
Pole Position

I have heard of Audi owners having warranty work denied because they have posted on internet forums details of track days they have attended - voiding their warranty in the process.
Old 10-09-08 | 10:35 AM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

That's great news!
Old 10-09-08 | 10:37 AM
TwiBlueG35
Lexus Champion

Now that is so good. Congrats. I should probably go there and complain about my parents' 07 530i's idling vibration problem since the dealer was unable to fix it or rectify it after three times trying(or not even tried) and kept telling me it was normal when I know for sure it was abnormal.
Old 10-09-08 | 10:46 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

wow that is really impressive and excellent they took the effort to match you up and contact you. big big thumbup to them!
Old 10-09-08 | 10:57 AM
pbm317
Lead Lap

I think I remember on a bmw forum that there was a Customer Service rep who was personally pretty active in looking into people who had issues.. so it's not like the whole company was looking at the forums, just one particularly adept employee.
Old 10-09-08 | 10:58 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Not surprised. Lexus corporate reads Lexus forums, mainly CL. I've also heard Benz corporate reads certain Mercedes forums.

Quick Reply: BMW North America apparently reads through BMW forums in detail