Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Toyota may debut iQ as SCION next month (VIDEO:Toyota iQ gets first commercial,Page3)

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-08, 04:11 PM
nn432100
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice move Toyota!
Old 10-10-08, 04:18 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool, I need something my wife doesn't have to learn parallel parking with.
Old 10-10-08, 07:06 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by spwolf
front space is on par with Corolla :-)... So who knows? Maybe you will fit.

Problem with iQ is that it will cost more than xA if offered in the USA. It is expensive car, because many components were invented and built specifcally for it. If offered in the USA, it would be offered with brand new NR engine series, 1.33 engine with integrated start/stop and 101hp. Equipment includes smart entry, digital air, HIDs, 7" touch screen nav, etc,etc.
In order to have a lower base price, the iQ in the USA would lack the content of the iQ in Europe.
Old 10-10-08, 08:59 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by blacksc400
Cool, I need something my wife doesn't have to learn parallel parking with.
lol nice one
Old 10-11-08, 04:58 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 156 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
In order to have a lower base price, the iQ in the USA would lack the content of the iQ in Europe.
conent is there just to justify the price really - reason it is expensive is because all those unique components that were invented/developed just for it.
Old 10-11-08, 06:10 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

front space is on par with Corolla :-)... So who knows? Maybe you will fit.

Problem with iQ is that it will cost more than xA if offered in the USA. It is expensive car, because many components were invented and built specifcally for it. If offered in the USA, it would be offered with brand new NR engine series, 1.33 engine with integrated start/stop and 101hp. Equipment includes smart entry, digital air, HIDs, 7" touch screen nav, etc,etc.
Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
You're right TRD. Many cars already are cheapened compared to versions sold in Europe. Europe, for some reason that aggravates me, offers far more versions of cars with much longer option lists than we get in the US.

The Scion iQ will not have smart entry, digital air, HIDs, 7" touch screen nav, etc,etc. The nav will be a $2K option like other Scions.

Oh, and one more thing spwolf, Scion stopped building the xA over a year ago. The xD is priced in the 15's, and I'm confident Toyota will keep a base iQ below it. You can get a much bigger Yaris sedan in the 12's to start. I doubt the iQ will be thousands more than that.
Old 10-11-08, 07:28 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,362 Likes on 1,549 Posts

Are there any interior pics of this car?
Old 10-11-08, 07:56 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

This is supposedly the production interior believe it or not (different from an earlier concept interior).

I love it!
Attached Thumbnails Toyota may debut iQ as SCION next month (VIDEO:Toyota iQ gets first commercial,Page3)-toytiq_7.jpg  
Old 10-12-08, 03:29 PM
JDMUSCLE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

I would be the first one in the line to get one!!
Old 10-12-08, 04:26 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks a lot better than the "smartfortwo". It may actually hold something larger than a briefcase for those of us that use our vehicle for more than commuting a short distance to work.
Old 10-12-08, 04:39 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JLSC4
You're right TRD. Many cars already are cheapened compared to versions sold in Europe. Europe, for some reason that aggravates me, offers far more versions of cars with much longer option lists than we get in the US.

The Scion iQ will not have smart entry, digital air, HIDs, 7" touch screen nav, etc,etc. The nav will be a $2K option like other Scions.

Oh, and one more thing spwolf, Scion stopped building the xA over a year ago. The xD is priced in the 15's, and I'm confident Toyota will keep a base iQ below it. You can get a much bigger Yaris sedan in the 12's to start. I doubt the iQ will be thousands more than that.
you are right, i meant xD... yep. thats the price in Europe.
Of course it does not have nav standard :-).

iQ base is priced almost the same as mid level Yaris, and has similar base equipment. Which basically means that pricing would be around xD price (which is basically mid level Yaris).

So, yeah... it is very cool car and would be priced at 14-15k base, and iQ2 would be priced at 16-17k with digital air, chromed wheels, auto lights/wipers/dimming and smart entry, with nav/bluetooth/ipod and leather packs as accessories, as well as CVT.
Old 10-12-08, 04:51 PM
xioix
Racer

you are right, i meant xD... yep. thats the price in Europe.
Of course it does not have nav standard :-).

iQ base is priced almost the same as mid level Yaris, and has similar base equipment. Which basically means that pricing would be around xD price (which is basically mid level Yaris).

So, yeah... it is very cool car and would be priced at 14-15k base, and iQ2 would be priced at 16-17k with digital air, chromed wheels, auto lights/wipers/dimming and smart entry, with nav/bluetooth/ipod and leather packs as accessories, as well as CVT.
For the US market they will do what they always do, take away all the nice things and make it cheaper
Old 10-13-08, 11:01 AM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Old 10-13-08, 12:32 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

wow i think the car actually has more rear legroom than in a porsche 911
lol
Old 10-13-08, 12:40 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by xioix
For the US market they will do what they always do, take away all the nice things and make it cheaper
yes they will... but again, in europe it is priced 2-3k than cheapest yaris. Which makes it 14-15k.

And obviously, we have base equipment like everyone else. It is just that in Europe, you can get Yaris with navigation, 1.8l engine, 17" wheels, digital air, smart entry, etc, etc but it is all optional and that version costs 60% more than Base.

Quick Reply: Toyota may debut iQ as SCION next month (VIDEO:Toyota iQ gets first commercial,Page3)