Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Evo X FQ400 is a go (400hp EVO)

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-08, 04:46 PM
LexFather

Default Evo X FQ400 is a go (400hp EVO)

Mitsubishi gives 400bhp Evo the green light...

It’s the news that all Evo X fans have been waiting for – Mitsubishi will be turning the wick up on the latest incarnation of its four-wheel drive super saloon with a range topping FQ400 version.

Following on from the FQ300 and FQ360, the flagship is due on sale next year and was given the green light by bosses after Mitsubishi successfully campaigned a 400bhp Evo X in the Britcar 24hr race at Silverstone recently.
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/au...400_is_go.html
The car, which was prepared by ADR Motorsport – the same team that already builds the two works Evo Xs competing in the British Rally Championship – run faultlessly throughout the tough event with BTCC James Kaye at the wheel.

There aren’t any firm details about the road-going version’s engine just yet, but to produce around 400bhp, it’s likely to boast a new turbocharger, new exhaust manifold as well as a heavily revised ECU and fuel system.

Performance will be mind-blowing – expect 0-60mph in 3.5 seconds and a top speed in excess of 170mph. It is likely to come with a manual gearbox as standard, uprated suspension, mild visual tweaks and bigger brakes too. The price? Expect to pay at least £45,000.

Old 10-15-08, 04:56 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, 3.5 to 60MPH, all I can say is "wow" !
Old 10-15-08, 05:14 PM
ST430
Pole Position

Received 120 Likes on 67 Posts

The FQ version is great for Euro folks, but US folks will never see it. What they need is an RS version with Evo IX AWD and a manual (SST sucks in this case) to heavily undercut prices and still have the best performance.
Old 10-15-08, 06:04 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

too bad it's UK only. But hey there's always places like XS Engineering and other folks
Old 10-16-08, 07:51 AM
19psi
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

too bad we won't get them here. they cost too much for americans to consider.
Old 10-16-08, 10:15 AM
ST430
Pole Position

Received 120 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by GlobeCLK
too bad it's UK only. But hey there's always places like XS Engineering and other folks
Better option would be TTP Engineering in Florida. They took a totally stock Evo X and got an additonal SAFE 80+hp! XS doesn't do much with Evo's at all I'm afraid.
Old 10-16-08, 11:02 AM
Zephyr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe this is the same one that Jeremy Clarkson was doing donuts with around the STi
Old 10-16-08, 11:07 AM
shern
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good tuner shops will get you to 400hp no problem with the new 4B11. Probably cheaper than what Mitsu will charge for an FQ400 anyways.
Old 10-16-08, 11:08 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

That is nice but I still don't understand why Mitsubishi does not put the Eclipse or some other 2 door sports car on the Evo platform with a turbo AWD option. The Eclipse desperately needs to go on a diet and get back to its sporty roots yet they keep making it bigger, heavier, softer, and plusher. The current Eclipse is a pretty nice car but is outshined by many other sportier 2 doors because it is so heavy and does not have a turbo or awd option.
Old 10-16-08, 11:20 AM
TwiBlueG35
Lexus Champion

Another great one not coming to the states. I want this Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X FQ400, I want JDM Honda Civic TYPE R, I want EDM Honda Civic TYPE R, I want Toyota Crown athlete, I want Honda Stepwagon 2.4 and Honda Stream 2.0RSZ, I want BMW 320i, I want M-B S350, I want M-B C200K, I want M-B A200, I want M-B B200, I want Ford Fiesta, I want Toyota Alphard, I want to see all of them on the U.S. streets........
Old 10-16-08, 11:20 AM
19psi
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by UDel
That is nice but I still don't understand why Mitsubishi does not put the Eclipse or some other 2 door sports car on the Evo platform with a turbo AWD option. The Eclipse desperately needs to go on a diet and get back to its sporty roots yet they keep making it bigger, heavier, softer, and plusher. The current Eclipse is a pretty nice car but is outshined by many other sportier 2 doors because it is so heavy and does not have a turbo or awd option.
I THINK BECcause then it would be the same price as teh evo which would make one of them unnecessary.
i think the ralliart version of the evo is the way to go. it's cheaper yet keeps the performance drivetrain and engine.
Old 10-16-08, 11:22 AM
TwiBlueG35
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by UDel
Totally 100% agree with you. I want to see a new generation of AWD 2.0L I4Turbo skinny looking Eclipse. I miss the era of the thin-looking Japanese sports cars.
Old 10-16-08, 11:24 AM
TwiBlueG35
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 19psi
I THINK BECcause then it would be the same price as teh evo which would make one of them unnecessary.
i think the ralliart version of the evo is the way to go. it's cheaper yet keeps the performance drivetrain and engine.
Then just treat it as a two door Lancer Evolution, would it be great? See, there are 3-series coupe and sedan, there are G37 coupe and sedan, there are Accord coupe and sedan, they are all successful, why not add a eclipse as a lancer evo 2-door version?
Old 10-16-08, 11:45 AM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zephyr
I believe this is the same one that Jeremy Clarkson was doing donuts with around the STi
that one was the FQ360.

FQ400 isn't out yet.
Old 10-17-08, 03:57 PM
toy4two
Lexus Champion

Default costco

went to costco for lunch today here in Carlsbad CA. They parked a brand new EVO right out front and some other car. I saw people of all walks of life walking up to the black metallic EVO X. This car gets so much attention, and not just from car guys, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. In this economy for any car, let alone a econobox looking car getting so much attention was mind blowing (I admit I was drawn to it also, never saw the interior of one). I think once people saw the price $39k, they left but I imagine Mitsu is going to sell a ton of these.

Quick Reply: Evo X FQ400 is a go (400hp EVO)