Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2008 AC Schnitzer BMW X6 Falcon.

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-08, 06:17 PM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've only seen maybe two X6s on the road.

both times, I'm sad to say, I wasn't too impressed with what it looked like on the road.

Does it draw attention, yes it does.

I think if the car wasn't built on the X5, but instead built on a longer 3-series platform, and not lifted to call it an SAV, it could have been a "coupe" of sorts. Even if it was built on the 5-series platform and NOT lifted it could have had potential. Why BMW chose it to make it a porky, lifted and squashed 5-series beat with the ugly stick, and then have the ***** to call it a "coupe", I don't know.
Old 10-29-08, 06:39 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by KINGLEX
The X6 attracts so much attention that I had to get a toyota econo-box as a beater to run around in.
Oh PLEASE. Now I have heard it all.
Old 10-29-08, 06:43 PM
KINGLEX
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Lets be real here. Will ANYONE walk up to you and say "that is one ugly ****"? No! In the real world, people will say they like it though b/c its sociably acceptable.

I can't count how many meets and shows I've been too. Its rare for someone to say how they feel, from ugly car, to ugly wheels. They will say it away from the owner "damn thats ugly".

Lets look at the RX for example, not ugly but seen as a "soccer moms car". It is what it is. People will rarely say it in person, but clearly they feel that way reading the internet.

The internet allows people to say how they feel, even vent, without having to worry about persecution or getting their *** beat.

Me, I'll tell you in person in a nice way "thats not my bag" and on the internet (more bravado) and people can vouch for that.

I for one am glad you post about your X6 experience.
You are missing the point. you own one of the cars that I used to own. Most people think that the e46 3 series is a goodlooking car, and most people think that the e60 is a decent looking car. I have received about 20 times the compliments than all of the other cars combined in less than 3 months, only driving it 800 miles.

let me get into some stories:

I posted this one back in august on a BMW forum.

So I stop by one of my favorite restaurants this afternoon for take-out. I park the car so that I can see it. After I order, I stood outside to watch it. Within 5 minutes a guy in an old ES 250 decised to park right next to my car. He then gets out and is waiting for his friends in another car. Once the bunch see my car, they look at me to try to figure out if it is mine or not. They assume that it is not, and one of the proceeds to go over to my car to check it out. I didn't say anything until he headed over to the driver's side to look inside. He had to get real close because my windows are tinted. I start to walk over and he backs up. I say hello, notice that my food is ready and then I leave.

While washing it:

A dude pulls up in a Rang Rover Sport compliments the ride, and asks to sit inside of it. We chat for 10 minutes and he leaves.

A chick pulls up and says she drives down my block just to look at my car.

A chick pulls up and asks when am I going to give her a ride.

While driving:

In Dirty Jersey driving on the 1 North, and guy honks me and Say's "I love that car!"

In LI on the Southern State with crazy traffic, a guy in a 5 series honks me and asks about the car and how I like it.

Driving on Merrick BLVD in queens a guy in a SUV asks me how much it costs and says that he is going to get one.

At the gas station:

Getting photo registration 3 days after I took delivery. A guy pumping gas asks "Who gave you the keys to my car?" After I get the inspection I pull out and stop at a light, and a differnt guy yells "Why are you driving my car?"

In Jersey where you can't pump your own gas, the attendent praises the car.

Parked:

At subway today eating and the car is parked on the corner. A guy in his 70's crosses the street while looking at my car. He then stops does a walk around and continues in the other direction. Out of all of the people checking this car out, I least expected him to be.

The wildest one happened 3 weeks ago. I'm chillin in my house and my door bell rings. I get packages everyday, so I look out my upstairs window to see if it is FedEx, and it happens to be a girl. I just stay at the window, as she rings my bell like a mad woman. She then goes over to my car and starts pointing at it while saying, "I love this car!" Two other people walk in front of the car and she starts to tell them and they agree that the car is hot. She then just walks away.

The stories above are just a sample of what I go through with this car. My only regret is that if I would have known that it would draw so much attention, then I would have bought something else.

-King Bimmer
Old 10-29-08, 06:44 PM
KINGLEX
Driver

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
Oh PLEASE. Now I have heard it all.
Wanna see my bill of sale?

-King
Old 10-29-08, 06:50 PM
vboy418
Lexus Champion

I'm not feeling the car at all!
Old 12-10-08, 12:07 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Thumbs up BMW X6 "FALCON" by AC Schnitzer!!!

Now we're talkin...!!!

Talk about drop-dead Sexy...

Old 12-10-08, 12:08 PM
TwiBlueG35
Lexus Champion

It is very sexy. I like X6.
Old 12-10-08, 12:10 PM
ffpowerLN
Lexus Champion

The X6 is...

Perfectly Pointless.
Old 12-10-08, 12:11 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by TwiBlueG35
It is very sexy. I like X6.
I was reading an article that stated BMW is essentially "sold out" of X6's until next year! Obviously useful or not... People want it.
Old 12-10-08, 12:21 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Not feeling the Falcon all too much.. I love the factory sport package option on the x6's.. Beautiful!
Attached Thumbnails 2008 AC Schnitzer BMW X6 Falcon.-x6.jpg  
Old 12-10-08, 12:31 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Those have to be some of if not THE hottest factory wheels.... EVER!!!
Old 12-10-08, 01:00 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't like the X6 stock and this modded version isn't doing much for me either. I went to see one at the dealer. The interior is fine....much like current BMW offerrings....not tops in luxury lore but not bad. It's that butt that bothers me. It's a high butt. Looks like it sits on it's neck. Looks like a large hatchback. The hatchback flavor makes it look cheap...and it's not cheap at 89K for the one I was looking at. Nope, don't like it.
The X5 looks way more classy to me. A bit understated but classy.
Old 12-10-08, 01:04 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Not feeling the Falcon all too much.. I love the factory sport package option on the x6's.. Beautiful!
I personally love the look of this X6...part of the reason I'm considering it as a replacement to our current RX.

I do find it interesting that the X6's looks seems to be criticized consistently on CL, when so many of the members here bash the 2010 RX330/450h for not being designed to look more like the LF-Xh concept.

I'm guessing that if it actually came to production, that the LF-Xh would look something similar. Maybe that's part of the reason they didn't launch it.
Old 12-10-08, 01:36 PM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
I agree. BWM makes soem nice factory wheels.
Old 12-10-08, 02:03 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

So that is two fugly-azz modded Bimmers (this and the M6) in one day. NEXT!

Quick Reply: 2008 AC Schnitzer BMW X6 Falcon.