Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

10 sec GTR...on 22's and with bolt-ons!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-08, 09:13 PM
Jujharoo
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Edmunds..

Again, we're not saying the GT-R doesn't have its problems, but when someone says they barely ever used launch control and suddenly their transmission imploded, you wonder if there's more to the story. We would be glad to hear them if people really want to vent, but for now we'll just keep driving our GT-R as hard as ever - "delicate" transmission and all.
AMEN.
Old 11-17-08, 09:31 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iKenn
I like that one guys comment.

"** UPDATE **
The transmission broke after the pass."
Read ALL of the comments...the owner of the car responded to the posts and the car is fine.
Old 11-17-08, 09:48 PM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

In before the lock...
Old 11-18-08, 12:19 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

It's official. GTR is the most hated car on any given car forums. A lot of people are trying very very hard to justify their similarly priced alternate choices.

I didnt end up with the GTR either. But it doesnt mean I go around and talk trash about GTR on every forum. IMHO, I still think GTR is a great car. At the end of the day, it will still spank your 70k pseudo luxo sport car. Get over it and move on. You made your decision. Live with it, and embrace it.
Old 11-18-08, 06:54 AM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Jujharoo
UGH you are so thick man.

How do you know GTR transmissions have issues? Do you know anyone personally? Or do you just read junk online and feed yourself on it?

I have about 1000 Track miles on my GTR. Car only gets better by each session as it breaks in. How I can down shift the Borgwarner gears while at the apex is sublime, unmatched by anything I have driven before. have a dragged it? no. such car are not built for it. There is a lot more to this car then 0- 60 times.

anyway talking about if the car can handle the stress from the LC?
well here is a proof that you my friend have jumped on some retarded bandwagon

READ IT

Quote from Edmunds

Quote from owner of a GTR thats making 633 WHP and 728 TQ .. AT THE WHEELS

So why has GT-R production been halted? Nissan automakers just decided to take an extended coffee break
Old 11-18-08, 07:28 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why don't you just finish your speculation? Nissan stopped production only for the JDM version, production for all other markets is fine. Besides Nissan didn't provide more information, but it looks like it was caused by the recent materials price-hike. Now haters are trying to make it sound like a tranny problem.

Originally Posted by 8speed
So why has GT-R production been halted? Nissan automakers just decided to take an extended coffee break
Old 11-18-08, 07:35 AM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Juanca
Why don't you just finish your speculation? Nissan stopped production only for the JDM version, production for all other markets is fine. Besides Nissan didn't provide more information, but it looks like it was caused by the recent materials price-hike. Now haters are trying to make it sound like a tranny problem.
I am a hater you're right

I'm jealous that I can't afford 90 grand for an 11 second car!
Old 11-18-08, 07:55 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's much better, there is nothing wrong with being honest.

I am a hater you're right

I'm jealous that I can't afford 90 grand for an 11 second car!
Old 11-18-08, 08:17 AM
Jujharoo
Lead Lap

Is it just the GTR production thats halted? Moverover, Is it just Nissan that has halted production? Look it up. You will have a better Idea why its been put on hold.
Old 11-18-08, 11:06 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

GODZILLA is the ultimate. You cant chain it down even with the huge twinkies on it. I love the GTR. I am one of the lucky few who got brochures and even got to sit in one and check oput the hardcore dash layout and info center. Truely amazing. I think its funny that the american car companies can only beat the GTR at Nurburgring by using cars rated at over 600 hp while the GTR rocks a 480 hp motor. Godzilla will rule nurburgring. V spec will destroy the ZR1 and Viper ACR Nurburgring lap times. I am sure of it
Old 11-18-08, 04:23 PM
djyoshi626
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

GT-R is a great car no doubt about that ... still yet to see it in person on the street.
Old 11-18-08, 08:09 PM
Koma

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
GODZILLA is the ultimate. You cant chain it down even with the huge twinkies on it. I love the GTR. I am one of the lucky few who got brochures and even got to sit in one and check oput the hardcore dash layout and info center. Truely amazing. I think its funny that the american car companies can only beat the GTR at Nurburgring by using cars rated at over 600 hp while the GTR rocks a 480 hp motor. Godzilla will rule nurburgring. V spec will destroy the ZR1 and Viper ACR Nurburgring lap times. I am sure of it
Do you really believe that 480hp claim? I think it's rated at a lot more.
Old 11-18-08, 08:17 PM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Koma
Do you really believe that 480hp claim? I think it's rated at a lot more.
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...3Doff%26sa%3DG

I mentioned this earlier....I've seen so many dyno results that say the GT-R is rated higher.
Old 11-18-08, 09:20 PM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by djyoshi626
GT-R is a great car no doubt about that ... still yet to see it in person on the street.
Me neither. But at only 1500 of them sold in America per year I don't expect to actually see one on the street for a long time. I'd like to though.
Old 11-18-08, 11:30 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by speedflex
Me neither. But at only 1500 of them sold in America per year I don't expect to actually see one on the street for a long time. I'd like to though.

Saw 3 in a row on the highway about a month ago here...2 were actually the exact same color. Kinda had me thinkin....poor guy, get's this extremely limited car and buddy has the exact same one...lol.
Then saw another one this past weekend.
Nice cars....haven't got to play with one yet (and yes I know I'll lose...but I'm ok with that...lol)

Quick Reply: 10 sec GTR...on 22's and with bolt-ons!