Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2010 Nissan GT-R Loses Launch Control

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-08 | 03:43 PM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Bean
I think its more of a glass tranny The manual would have broken too.

I agree with 97-SC300; they should have bolstered the transmission or ensured through some electronic trickery that the full load didn't get put down during launch. Sure it would have been a bit slower, but it also would have saved some transmissions. Good ol' French.. ahem I mean Nissan engineering.

The GTR release and these problems make it so shady to me; the trap speed and horsepower numbers that didn't add up, etc. And yeah, if you bring up problems with the GTR or something you don't like, you get flamed for it by all the fanboys.

Luckily, I don't care much about getting flamed and don't mind handing out my fair share; as many of you know
Not to mention that ridiculous Nurburgring debacle. Everyone knows that Nissan sent a "modified" version of the GT-R to the track and when the Germans cried foul, they had a stock GT-R sent to the track and what were the results? You guessed it, nowhere near the numbers Nissan claimed!
Old 11-20-08 | 04:57 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 8speed
Not to mention that ridiculous Nurburgring debacle. Everyone knows that Nissan sent a "modified" version of the GT-R to the track and when the Germans cried foul, they had a stock GT-R sent to the track and what were the results? You guessed it, nowhere near the numbers Nissan claimed!
It's just a car and no one here owns the car except for 1 or 2 and they are not having problems, the same can be said about fast food, all these commercials with thin people eating garbage, and then you go to a sonic or McDonald and you see people who look nothing like you see in the commercial, it's all about lies and deception.

Corvettes are built like crap but people still love them it's just a car
Old 11-20-08 | 05:50 PM
LexFather

I still love the GT-R, but this is funny

Old 11-20-08 | 06:12 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Then how do you explain the Top Gear track time? Nissan send them a modified one too?
Old 11-20-08 | 06:20 PM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by STIG
Then how do you explain the Top Gear track time? Nissan send them a modified one too?
I can't explain it......how can you explain Nissan halting GT-R production and then coming out to the media about concerns with their traction control
Attached Images  
Old 11-20-08 | 06:24 PM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I still love the GT-R, but this is funny

Classic.....I have some new wallpaper for my computer

Nissan and GT-R stroke artists need to stop doing this:
Attached Images  
Old 11-20-08 | 06:25 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

I can't explain it......how can you explain Nissan halting GT-R production and then coming out to the media about concerns with their traction control
Have you not ever heard of any major manufactures halting their production line?
Old 11-20-08 | 06:35 PM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

Have you not ever heard of any major manufactures halting their production line?
Dude, this is a dead horse. Nissan and their overhyped and maligned GT-R has been getting killed in here all day! No one cares! The jig is up, they blew it.....their flag ship Godzilla has a paper mache slushbox
Old 11-20-08 | 07:17 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

It's actually very common, among the foreign auto makers, Ford did it once a couple years ago with the Cobra and Aviator
Old 11-20-08 | 07:27 PM
Akatsuki
Lead Lap

Snap!

And where are all the GT-R strokers in here......your beloved Godzilla is getting killed and you are nowhere to be seen

Where is this guy now?

"UGH you are so thick man.

How do you know GTR transmissions have issues? Do you know anyone personally? Or do you just read junk online and feed yourself on it?

I have about 1000 Track miles on my GTR. Car only gets better by each session as it breaks in. How I can down shift the Borgwarner gears while at the apex is sublime, unmatched by anything I have driven before. have a dragged it? no. such car are not built for it. There is a lot more to this car then 0- 60 times.

anyway talking about if the car can handle the stress from the LC?
well here is a proof that you my friend have jumped on some retarded bandwagon "
GTR is a great car but what are you talking about dude? you're calling me thick and retarded because i THINK that if nissan didn't want their customers to use the LC swtich than they shouldnt have put one in???how is that retaded??????????? wouldn't it be less of a headache for you and them right? don't you feel temped by looking at your switch?????

when did i say anything about transmission issues? i'm talking about the SWITCH

my argument is that if nissan didn't want customers to use the LC than there shouldn't be in a LC switch in the car. simple as that.!!!. Don't put **** in the car to temp the customers and be like "oh your **** is voided because you flipped the switch" that's dumb on their part

All i'm saying is that if you buy a car that is advertised at certain spec then you should be able do it every time OVER and OVER AGAIN without having your **** voided...and if it can't do it without a switch then just don't put the damn switch in..

and why am I retarded again?

enjoy your GTR in good health and post pics when you have time

Last edited by Akatsuki; 11-20-08 at 07:30 PM.
Old 11-20-08 | 07:33 PM
LexFather

Gotdamnit, this is closed.

GT-R fanbois from both sides are getting threads locked ALL OVER the internet.