Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2009 Saturn Aura XE

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-08, 08:54 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts
Default 2009 Saturn Aura XE

I'm going out today to evaluate and check out a new Saturn Aura XE for a possible purchase by my pastor (the Malibu, of course, is basically a Aura twin, and may also be a possibility). I'll be gone a good part of the afternoon. I don't plan to do a formal write-up or review on it (I did a condensed review of both Aura and Malibu some time ago), but I will answer any questions you guys may have on it when I get back.

It's almost new-car time for him, and he is very concerned about the American car industry and its future, and what he feels is our obligation to help them out and keep the money/profits here in America. He and his wife were almost ready to buy a VW Passat or Hyundai Sonata until the American economy tanked....even though the Sonata, of course, is built here in Alabama with American labor. I don't entirely agree with his view about keeping the money with "American" makes, especially with GM's doubtful future (the auto industry, of course, is global, and several Saturns, in particular, come from German Opel designs), but I have a lot of respect for him ......and that, of course, is a matter of his conscious with God. If it's an American-nameplate car he wants, that's what he'll get.....though he, of course, comes to me for advice.

The Aura XR, of course, has a larger and more sophisticated V6, but, according to Consumer Reports, has been less reliable than the XE.....so the XE is first consideration.

So long.....see you this evening.

MM

P.S. I found out when I got up there there is a marketing change for the XE this year. It only comes with the 2.4L Ecotec 4 this year....the 3.5L V6 option has been dropped.

Last edited by mmarshall; 11-21-08 at 04:10 PM.