Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.
View Poll Results: POLL TIME!! Which one?
BMW M6
5.56%
Jag XKR
11.11%
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
77.78%
Other
5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

BMW M6 v. Aston Martin Vantage v. Jaguar XKR

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-08, 08:01 PM
Baby ///M3
Lexus Champion

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks again everyone.

I am actually checking out the R8 as well. It's a beautiful car! The thing is, I am frequently in a suit and I am not sure if it would be easy for me to maneuver around in a tight interior space. It would be awesome if I would be able to test drive one in the near future.

mmarshall:

Thanks for your input. But I didn't expect your comments about my income loss at all. I suppose it's easy to assume that people are not suffering if they're not looking for a Corolla or a Civic. But it's still an assumption at best.

Besides, there's always a chance that I may just end up keeping my Mercedes if things don’t get better for me....

rogers2:

Thanks! I think you've pretty much summed up why I wanted to check out the AM and Jag. The CL500's interior is wonderfully tailored and unfortunately, it tends to spoil its driver into believing that almost nothing (unless it's a car from the same class within or above its price range) can compare to its luxury and comfort. I mostly like the M6 for the sound of its motor and indeed, will probably have to make some sacrifices with its interior.

rominl:

Thanks for your kind words but... I wish I could afford a DBS. Even with the baby Aston, I’ll have to go with the pre-owned model. Were you also car shopping a while ago? Have you found anything you like yet?

Is there any likelihood that these cars will be made as hardtop convertibles in the near future?

Jon
Old 11-25-08, 08:27 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

if you want rare and more power, i would personally consider the GT-R. its neck-break stunning, fast, and in your price range (just dont use the launch control lol)
Old 11-25-08, 08:36 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Baby ///M3
Thanks again everyone.

I am actually checking out the R8 as well. It's a beautiful car! The thing is, I am frequently in a suit and I am not sure if it would be easy for me to maneuver around in a tight interior space. It would be awesome if I would be able to test drive one in the near future.

mmarshall:

Thanks for your input. But I didn't expect your comments about my income loss at all. I suppose it's easy to assume that people are not suffering if they're not looking for a Corolla or a Civic. But it's still an assumption at best.

Besides, there's always a chance that I may just end up keeping my Mercedes if things don’t get better for me....

rogers2:

Thanks! I think you've pretty much summed up why I wanted to check out the AM and Jag. The CL500's interior is wonderfully tailored and unfortunately, it tends to spoil its driver into believing that almost nothing (unless it's a car from the same class within or above its price range) can compare to its luxury and comfort. I mostly like the M6 for the sound of its motor and indeed, will probably have to make some sacrifices with its interior.

rominl:

Thanks for your kind words but... I wish I could afford a DBS. Even with the baby Aston, I’ll have to go with the pre-owned model. Were you also car shopping a while ago? Have you found anything you like yet?

Is there any likelihood that these cars will be made as hardtop convertibles in the near future?

Jon
Jon,
No word on hardtops. These cars are rarely only cars for owners, thus a softop is fine. These cars are also about performance and a hardtop add weight.

Which does bring the SL 55 or SL 63 or SL 55 into the equation. Another superb car.

My money is on the XK-R. I would get it in a heartbeat. Jag quality/dealer service are all first rate now here.

The ONLY thing is Jag prestige is kinda down the toilet as the company hasn't made a dollar in 20 years, the X-type was a complete disaster and now the company has been sold to Tata and we don't even get monthly sales reports anymore.

The ASton has prestige IN SPADES. This thread needs more pics!!!

XKR by Arden

Nifty rear hatch!

Aston!!

Old 11-25-08, 08:38 PM
LexFather

Poll is now added

Old 11-25-08, 10:34 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Thanks again everyone.

mmarshall:

rogers2:

rominl:

Jon
believe it or not the search is still on-going, though slowed down considerably coz' of the continue slump on economy (which makes me like my cash more and more)

trust me, check out the AM in details and i think that's a car you will like. and i think the R8 is still a good contender, space shouldn't be too big of a problem imho. but if R8, are you going to get it used? i think it's very hard to find a used one now
Old 11-25-08, 11:05 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

But, if there's any consolation at least the used car market (perhaps even the new car one) is now a more friendly arena than what it used to be.
If you are considering the used car market, I would definitly look at used XKRs. The only thing I don't like about the XKR was that antenna.... An antenna in 2008? COME ON!

But if I can afford it, I would get an AM V8 Vantage without thinking twice.
Old 11-26-08, 12:36 AM
bad co
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nuff said
Old 11-26-08, 12:59 AM
MGS4
Lexus Test Driver

or GranTurismo S
Old 11-26-08, 05:47 AM
LexFather

Exclamation

Originally Posted by MGS4
or GranTurismo S
Great suggestion!!!

Old 11-26-08, 02:41 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm watching Top Gear right now and they have a Jaguar XK vs E64 vs Sl350 and thought about this thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l46pCQuRsGo

funny how he complained about the antenna also.
Old 11-26-08, 07:43 PM
LexFather

Old 11-26-08, 08:35 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MGS4
or GranTurismo S

good suggestion!

Old 11-27-08, 08:26 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion