Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Modified Luxury & Exotics, the ride is over

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-09, 10:00 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
Im gonna miss this as well. Not many mags left, hopefully something comes along to fill the void
Lexus Performance Magazine!
Old 01-14-09, 07:58 PM
sleeper408

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

My gf got me a subscription to MLE. The articles were so-so but the pictures were great!
Old 01-14-09, 09:39 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by sleeper408
My gf got me a subscription to MLE. The articles were so-so but the pictures were great!
come on guys we all know the articles were trash and the tech section so so. The pictures were the best part of the magazine. I personally felt like I couldnt get as hyped about this magazine because the cars were not cars I will be buying any time soon. I like the import tuning magazines mainly. I am stil upset because it was such a unique magazine , but I think I will miss sport compact magazine WAY more
Old 01-15-09, 05:27 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
come on guys we all know the articles were trash and the tech section so so. The pictures were the best part of the magazine. I personally felt like I couldnt get as hyped about this magazine because the cars were not cars I will be buying any time soon. I like the import tuning magazines mainly. I am stil upset because it was such a unique magazine , but I think I will miss sport compact magazine WAY more
Personally, I liked the articles because I hate super tech talk mags. I just wanna know the specs and the owners goals for the build. Lieberman was the best writer and he left so I agree it wasn't a literary giant. The pics were nice. The targeted subject was great.
Old 01-15-09, 10:32 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ice350
Personally, I liked the articles because I hate super tech talk mags. I just wanna know the specs and the owners goals for the build. Lieberman was the best writer and he left so I agree it wasn't a literary giant. The pics were nice. The targeted subject was great.
They had the edge on the genre of magazine. Nobody out there produces a similar magazine so why did they chose to kill this one?? I guess the circulation numbers were not so hot.
Old 01-16-09, 09:09 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,242 Likes on 1,361 Posts

I've given my MLS 'replacement' european car subscription a couple of chances and am very disappointed in it. When reading it I constantly get the feeling it's a rag for VW owners who aspire to own BMW, Porsche and Mercedes.

Not that I have anything against VW owners (I like them fine) and we have more Euro cars in our garage now than Lexus BUT this magazine is crap.

I need to take some time and ask for a refund on the remainder of my subscription or ask what other options there are. I think I'd rather read "Unicycle Rider" magazine.
Old 01-27-09, 08:01 PM
L&E
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys. Thanks for all the support and kind words. I was the editor of Modified Luxury & Exotics and it was sad to see it go.

Sorry I didn't reply to this thread a LOT sooner but I've been VERY busy.

I know it's not at all the same kind of journalism but I am working on a new project. The website is called www.autoguide.com

It is more of a mainstream automotive website but the company behind it is the same one that started Modified Luxury & Exotics, Modified and Modified Mustangs.
Old 01-27-09, 08:17 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by L&E
Hey guys. Thanks for all the support and kind words. I was the editor of Modified Luxury & Exotics and it was sad to see it go.

Sorry I didn't reply to this thread a LOT sooner but I've been VERY busy.

I know it's not at all the same kind of journalism but I am working on a new project. The website is called www.autoguide.com

It is more of a mainstream automotive website but the company behind it is the same one that started Modified Luxury & Exotics, Modified and Modified Mustangs.
Can you tell us why the mag was pulled?

Good luck on your latest project but for me, there's enough mainstream stuff already out there. I want L&E.
Old 01-27-09, 08:48 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I have to agree. There are so many Road & track esque magazines out there. Theres even a lot of sport compact magazines, but NO modified exotics magazine