Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

More lol: Acura V8 won't arrive until 2015

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-08, 05:46 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

2015?! i don't know how trustworthy this "source" is, but if true, this has to be an insane joke
Old 11-29-08, 06:00 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
2015?! i don't know how trustworthy this "source" is, but if true, this has to be an insane joke
I agree, Henry, that the date may be bogus, but the rest of it seems pretty credible. Honda/Acura, as long as I can remember, has never shown much interest in getting a V8.
Even if they DO go ahead with the project (as with the possible new NSX) I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it. In fact, the new NSX itself still seems questionable.....everyday, seems there is different news from a different source.
Old 11-29-08, 07:14 PM
TwiBlueG35
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have given up to listen to Honda/Acura's future plan long long time ago. They have many news and plans about future vehicles but not enough products except SUV after SUV after van of all sizes and all sorts. I am sure Acura's products have not evolved mechanically whatsoever since two generations ago except the SH-AWD. And I am so sick of Acura insisting on the SOHC V6 engine to cut cost. Don't get me wrong, Honda still makes the best small cars and I love most of them, but as far as luxury vehicle, they are already too far behind and might get surpassed by Hyundai soon. Great service and good reliability and lots of standard high tech features are not going to cut it anymore, they need something with Wow factor. My three suggestions: 1.RWD sedan of at least three sizes(not the SH-AWD) 2. DOHC V8 engine making at least 380hp, hybrid system is welcome 3. A super car called NSX. And these products should arrive no later than 2 years. Come on, you are not making a spaceship going to Mars.
Old 11-29-08, 08:36 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Hmm, 2015.

Weren't we supposed to be flying along the "Skyway" by now?
Attached Images  
Old 11-29-08, 10:14 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

1sick takes every opportunity to bash acura.

hah
Old 11-29-08, 11:10 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by dunnojack

hah
If Acura would have a fresh cup of STFUP and stay out the news, I wouldn't post up any press info like I do every other brand.

So let me get this right? Posting a thread and laughing at Acura, for not having a V-8 (a fact) and now pushing the V-8 debut back (a fact) is bashing?

Old 11-30-08, 12:34 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by dunnojack

hah
lol, like you bash lexus whenever you can?

at least mike is basing off articles

Originally Posted by mmarshall
I agree, Henry, that the date may be bogus, but the rest of it seems pretty credible. Honda/Acura, as long as I can remember, has never shown much interest in getting a V8.
Even if they DO go ahead with the project (as with the possible new NSX) I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it. In fact, the new NSX itself still seems questionable.....everyday, seems there is different news from a different source.
see, that's what i don't understand. i can "see" honda not after v8, but it seems like they haven't really even invested anything in the r&d department on v8, now that's just sad... that put them that much behind in entering the game.
Old 11-30-08, 02:14 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
lol, like you bash lexus whenever you can?

at least mike is basing off articles

i base it off of personal experience. I've had 3 lexus in the last 5 years.

i've also bashed the ugliness of some of the cars, but everyone else is equally guilty.
Old 11-30-08, 03:45 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by TwiBlueG35
Don't get me wrong, Honda still makes the best small cars and I love most of them, but as far as luxury vehicle, they are already too far behind and might get surpassed by Hyundai soon.
There's no arguement that Hyundai gives you good stuff for the money nowadays (I'm a Hyundai fan myself), but what do they have that can compare with Acura's SH-AWD? And what AWD Hyundai DOES offer is limited to their SUV's. They won't put it on their regular passenger cars, for some reason....one of the few errors the company is still making.

Last edited by mmarshall; 11-30-08 at 03:48 AM.
Old 11-30-08, 05:06 AM
luxury1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't think it is the engine that is the problem with the RL. It is the size and look. It looks too similar to an accord. If they really want to compete at the higher levels then they need to design a more attractive and larger car similar to the LS, 7, S, A8. Then they can worry about the engine.
Old 11-30-08, 05:44 AM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by luxury1
I don't think it is the engine that is the problem with the RL. It is the size and look. It looks too similar to an accord. If they really want to compete at the higher levels then they need to design a more attractive and larger car similar to the LS, 7, S, A8. Then they can worry about the engine.
i derno. ppl throwing the money down for the price of an RL to only get a v-6 that makes it's power up top isn't so appealing either.

besides bland styling (which I thought wasn't bad really) the v-6 was lacking compared to other cars in it's class.

that's a big turnoff for me as i'm sure it would be for ppl looking for luxury sedans.
Old 11-30-08, 06:21 AM
ren495
Pole Position

Other companies are scaling down, BMW, Audi etc said they will replace their V8 with TT or supercharged V6's. Lexus has the hybrid tech. By the time Acura will make a V8 noone will want V8s anymore. Watch.
Old 11-30-08, 06:53 AM
rogers2
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

At this point I really don't care if Acura makes a V8 or not. All I know is that my current daily driver is a old Acura CL and it has 251,000 miles on the odometer. Other than the transmission being repair I haven't had one problem with the car. I probaly will never buy another Acura but one thing I do know is that they make pretty good cars.
Old 11-30-08, 08:27 AM
bboarder71
Driver School Candidate

I knew that they would never be able to get that motor produced
Old 11-30-08, 03:02 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rogers2
At this point I really don't care if Acura makes a V8 or not. All I know is that my current daily driver is a old Acura CL and it has 251,000 miles on the odometer. Other than the transmission being repair I haven't had one problem with the car. I probaly will never buy another Acura but one thing I do know is that they make pretty good cars.
Honda/Acura, in general, is Consumer Reports' overall highest-rated auto company.

Quick Reply: More lol: Acura V8 won't arrive until 2015