Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Tata Motors in trouble-What will happen to Jaguar/Land Rover

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-08, 11:35 AM
luxury1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormwind
Man these American car makes are like the plague anyone who touches them gets into deep dongus.
This really isn't American. It is British but Ford bought it for a brief period. Still assembled in England.

Originally Posted by ffpower
Land Rover on the other hand needs to be saved. Although the reliability is in the s***-hole but the overall built quality is top notch. Also, no one does off-roading luxury utility better than LR in the car business, the only competitor I could come up is the Lexus LX.
I can attest that the Range Rover is unbelievable. Mine is now 15 months old so my problems have been minimal but the older ones do have a lot of issues.

If you can deal with that, it is a nice looking, well constructed, go anywhere type of a car that is just at home on a muddy slope as it is at a five star restaurant. I can't say enough good things about it.

Some people say that they would never pay $80k for an SUV but I think that this one is well worth it.

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Look for Volkswagen to purchase Land Rover & Jag..
I would actually welcome this as I think VW could add good value to the brand.