Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

D2AUTOSPORT Project Camry??? Pics+Vid

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-08, 10:08 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My gosh there are some hyper-critical people around here. It's beginning to sound like the geeks I see on other sites...negative criticism for every car that isn't in the same level as the brand of that site.
I think this car looks cool. Color coordinated wheels, kit, lowered, nice design of the car....what else you guys want? Someone called it a pig??? The Camry is no bigger any Lexus except the IS. What's the pig crap all about. That tells me it's talking parrot heads crap again.
I didn't think staggered set-ups worked well on FWD drive cars but if it's safe, cool.
Old 12-13-08, 10:08 AM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by baddis es
i like it...i would have chosen a better rim, but the idea is great. great work as always...
Well these fell right in line with the budget and the matched the color pretty well, here is a link to a special we have on them:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...dont-miss.html
Old 12-13-08, 10:10 AM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

Originally Posted by trukn1
Very well put together. The Camry SE is probably the only form in which I would try to mod it in. Either upgrade the brake calipers or at least paint them,, kinda kills the look thru the wheels. As for the photography,, we have a section in the forums which should help you get squared away,,LOL!!!. In the meantime,, drop down into the NELOC forum and get some of those guys to re-shoot this thing so it can represent in the true form that it is.
Truck I am going to try that, should I make a post in NELOC asking some one local to brooklyn to take pics for me?
Old 12-13-08, 10:12 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Stefwilli
Well these fell right in line with the budget and the matched the color pretty well, here is a link to a special we have on them:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...dont-miss.html
Stef, don't even try to defend the wheel choice. I'll wager he doesn't know one thing about that brand...he's just saying what many others say when the wheel doesn't cost 10 thousand dollars.
You did a good job with this car.
Old 12-13-08, 10:15 AM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

Originally Posted by Ice350
Stef, don't even try to defend the wheel choice. I'll wager he doesn't know one thing about that brand...he's just saying what many others say when the wheel doesn't cost 10 thousand dollars.
You did a good job with this car.
Thanks Reggie, I thought for a camry it looks pretty nice, I think better pics will help
Old 12-13-08, 11:06 AM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice, but all that work on a 4cylinder, I can't get passed the stigma of what a 4cylinder is suppose to offer, and words like we had a budget are funny, apparently when it's a 4cylinder Camry, all that money on mods could of bought the V6
Old 12-13-08, 11:23 AM
LexFather

I won't repeat the staggered on FWD comments

I think its very tastefull and a great modded Camry. Great job guys.

Old 12-13-08, 11:52 AM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nicely put together
If it's for show only, Staggered setup on FWD is OK.

My xB I had staggered setup look, but if fact they were the same width front and back. Different offset and lips made a FAKE staggered setup.
Old 12-13-08, 11:53 AM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

whoops, forgot to post the pic!
Can you do similar setup on your wheels?
Attached Thumbnails D2AUTOSPORT Project Camry??? Pics+Vid-xbbyebye-1-.jpg  
Old 12-13-08, 01:00 PM
Tangerine
Driver

I was all gitty about doing a camry too
I was giddy...

Wanna sell me your H&R springs for a good price when you get the KSports?

Because its H&R springs right now, we want to put the car down and tuck the tires.
Ah I see, I thought you meant H&R coilovers when you said coils.
Old 12-13-08, 02:56 PM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

My gosh there are some hyper-critical people around here. It's beginning to sound like the geeks I see on other sites...negative criticism for every car that isn't in the same level as the brand of that site.
I think this car looks cool. Color coordinated wheels, kit, lowered, nice design of the car....what else you guys want? Someone called it a pig??? The Camry is no bigger any Lexus except the IS. What's the pig crap all about. That tells me it's talking parrot heads crap again.
I didn't think staggered set-ups worked well on FWD drive cars but if it's safe, cool.
With all do respect, the thread was stated and started with ????? after the topic title which correct me if I'm wrong Stef was done with the predication of envoking feedback

In my opinion I'm not a fan of taking an average four door family car and throwing a kit and wheels on it. If you wan't performance buy performance. I doubt Stefs intention was to post pics and a vid only to have people flatter him by telling him what he wants to hear vice what true auto enthusiasts really feel about it. He's a business man and I'm sure he appreciates an honest opinion about things before he commits to the market. Not telling Stef what we really think is in my opinion a far greater injustice than commenting about our luke warm, lackluster opinion regarding the camry mentioned in the thread.
Old 12-13-08, 03:21 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,253 Likes on 1,367 Posts

It's beginning to sound like the geeks I see on other sites...negative criticism for every car that isn't in the same level as the brand of that site...... That tells me it's talking parrot heads crap again.
Reg, please watch the name calling and the generalization of all members of our forum based on a couple comments you don't like.

Originally Posted by 8speed
In my opinion I'm not a fan of taking an average four door family car and throwing a kit and wheels on it. If you wan't performance buy performance.
I think that's a much way to state an opinion than the earlier comments you made AND much less likely to bait for an online argument with other members.

Both of you guys PM me if you want to discuss my comments above and let this thread get back on track please.
Old 12-13-08, 03:46 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Excellent!
Old 12-13-08, 04:39 PM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

Originally Posted by 8speed
With all do respect, the thread was stated and started with ????? after the topic title which correct me if I'm wrong Stef was done with the predication of envoking feedback

In my opinion I'm not a fan of taking an average four door family car and throwing a kit and wheels on it. If you wan't performance buy performance. I doubt Stefs intention was to post pics and a vid only to have people flatter him by telling him what he wants to hear vice what true auto enthusiasts really feel about it. He's a business man and I'm sure he appreciates an honest opinion about things before he commits to the market. Not telling Stef what we really think is in my opinion a far greater injustice than commenting about our luke warm, lackluster opinion regarding the camry mentioned in the thread.

Yes I invite all opinions good and bad. When your posting for such a wide range of people you will always get positive and negative comments. Just make sure you be respectful in your comments good or bad. I don't consider the PIG thing very respectful nor the Geeks comment from Ice350, but thanks to Dave we should be back on track.
Old 12-13-08, 04:52 PM
PaPaHoFF
Lexus Champion

I actually saw the car in person today at Canarsie Piers in Brooklyn for the 2IS Only meet and it didnt look that bad for what it is. I personally am not a big fan of the rim style but everything seems to flow. People have to understand everyone starts somewhere.

Quick Reply: D2AUTOSPORT Project Camry??? Pics+Vid