Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Speed Channel Trial

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-08, 05:11 PM
luxury1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Speed Channel Trial

My cable company had a free trial period of the speed channel. I always thought that I would like the channel since I like cars but found that I would never pay for it. It is just marathons of things that I could care less about like Low Rider or Hot Import Night
Old 12-13-08, 05:49 PM
LexFather

It is a channel dedicated to cars and some programs are not great. I NEED this channel though for my F1 season and GT2, P1, etc racing! I watch the show with Vida Guerra for all the wrong reasons

They have some nice shows on there as well, I love Speed!

Old 12-13-08, 08:33 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I am consyantly watching the speed channel. I will watch anything other than NASCAR. I cant stand it for some reason. I guess I dont see the talent in making high speed left turns. I enjoy the following

1 NASA races
2. GT 1,2,3
3. ALMS
4. Sebring
5. super cars exsposed
6. hot import nights
7. tuner transformation
8. motor week
9. a bunch of others I cant remeber the name of right now. lol

Its worth every pennt imo
Old 12-14-08, 01:25 AM
Indio
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by luxury1
My cable company had a free trial period of the speed channel. I always thought that I would like the channel since I like cars but found that I would never pay for it. It is just marathons of things that I could care less about like Low Rider or Hot Import Night

If you can't find something you like on Speed channel..well you should really question your inner car guy
Old 12-14-08, 05:05 AM
luxury1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I guess I do like some of it but it doesn't have as much stuff as I would like. What I really like is shows like Motorweek that review the latest cars and shows that talk about the latest developments in the car world. If it had more of that they I would definitely be in...
Old 12-14-08, 04:00 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by luxury1
I guess I do like some of it but it doesn't have as much stuff as I would like. What I really like is shows like Motorweek that review the latest cars and shows that talk about the latest developments in the car world. If it had more of that they I would definitely be in...
Unfortunately that is how it works. On any cable channel network included generally there are only a few shows that may appeal to an individual. The problem is if you want to watch that show you have to have the entire channel and not just during the time when your favorite show comes on air. I like Speed Channel (It is park of our cable package) for certain racing shows only. A lot of the other shows are junk, but when those just shows come on I just turn the channel.