Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

LR3 - what do we know?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-08, 01:44 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by 19psi
i work on them for a living... they use the same jaguar v8 engine as the XJ8, XK and XF.
the transmission is a ZF 6 speed; bmw, audi , jaguar use the same one. the drivetrain is pretty bulletproof. the problems arise from electrical issues, stupid interior trim issues and basically just random stupid problems. they don't have consistent problems across the model range that always occur; everything is different. to me, that's worse than having one or 2 of the same problems that happen to every car. they do go through brakes very often, just because it's a heavy truck.
From what I have heard and read about them, 19psi is generally correct. Electronic and hardware gremlins, like with German vehicles, seem to cause most of the problems.
Old 12-15-08, 03:37 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the input guys.

I did a little more shopping for her today and we've had a nice talk about some of the more practicle aspects of her new SUV; it looks like she's either going into an RX or an SRX.

So the problem of what we know about the LR3 is 'solved'