Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

A little bit of negative camber never hurt anyone.

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-08, 07:43 AM
19psi
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
Oh yeah! It looks wicked! Here is a few more pics that you might like...

Looks some people in the US like it too.
the difference is, you think you have the best taste and judgement of what is the right and wrong way to mod car and make fun of people who don't share the same views. to me, you are the worst kind of car enthusiast there is. " the only thing that's cool is what I like". right.

i don't like everything people do, but i don't make fun of them and tell everyone else that it's ridiculous and stupid and wonder out loud why anybody would want to do that. i wonder why people want to drive around in cars on wheels with weak *** offsets all jacked up off the ground but i don't tell everyone they look ridiculous. do what you want, it doesn't bother me.
you on the other hand had to go out of your way to make fun of a certain style of car and then proceed to make fun of everyone else who likes that kind of car. you may have a lot of money and some nice new cars but when it comes to being a true enthusiast, you're lacking.

Last edited by 19psi; 12-16-08 at 08:11 AM.
Old 12-16-08, 08:24 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Who couldn't!!! But some of these guys do actually drive around with their wheels like this!

Are you being serious? (don't worry that was a rhetorical question) I can't believe you are getting all uptight about this, it is not even your car... And the car in the first pic was as ridiculus to me as the other pics I posted. And just FYI the old bomb pic was a car with a broken axel, it was not in the junk yard and you just have to wonder why someone would want to have a car that looks like it has broken axels on purpose? But ,everyone to their own I guess..

And you better look up the word ignorant again, b/c I am fully informed on this culture over here and choosing not to embrace it is not being ignorant.
Basically this is my beef. It's one thing not liking a particular trend or styling but you take it a step further by showing ricidulous comparisons by showing a car from a movie set and another rusted car which are both irrelevant to the original car posted. I will admit extreme VIP styling with crazy fenders and wings is too much, but that's what the owners like and that's what they do. I would never poke fun at them for that.
Old 12-16-08, 05:26 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 19psi
the difference is, you think you have the best taste and judgement of what is the right and wrong way to mod car and make fun of people who don't share the same views. to me, you are the worst kind of car enthusiast there is. " the only thing that's cool is what I like". right.

i don't like everything people do, but i don't make fun of them and tell everyone else that it's ridiculous and stupid and wonder out loud why anybody would want to do that. i wonder why people want to drive around in cars on wheels with weak *** offsets all jacked up off the ground but i don't tell everyone they look ridiculous. do what you want, it doesn't bother me.
you on the other hand had to go out of your way to make fun of a certain style of car and then proceed to make fun of everyone else who likes that kind of car. you may have a lot of money and some nice new cars but when it comes to being a true enthusiast, you're lacking.
LOL, when did I ever pressume to have the best taste in anything and for that matter try tell someone that my style was the best? How about never. Not likeing something and voicing that opinion does not automaticaly mean that I know best, although you certainly think it does. BTW, Thanks for calling me an enthusiast, b/c I am not and nor do I want to be. I don't care what people drive and if I don't like it I will say so just like so many other people who post threads on ricers and have a feild day. Oh , and you had nothing to say about people who use those fake blow off valves?

Oh and money has so much to do with anything, get a grip and stop being so sensitive.

Originally Posted by cherplex
Basically this is my beef. It's one thing not liking a particular trend or styling but you take it a step further by showing ricidulous comparisons by showing a car from a movie set and another rusted car which are both irrelevant to the original car posted. I will admit extreme VIP styling with crazy fenders and wings is too much, but that's what the owners like and that's what they do. I would never poke fun at them for that.
I hope all you other people who post pics of cars with the intent of poking fun at them are taking notes b/c some poeple find it offensive.

And just for the record, you can't take it a step further, if poking fun was the original intent then the damage is already done. But I find it really , really hard to believe that you have never made fun of what someone has done with their car. Seeing them driving on the road and saying to your mates in jest, look at that tool and what he has done to his car.
If someone wanted to make fun of my car for what I have done to it or even for what I drive, be my guest b/c I don't care.

Take a step back, when did this world become so serious.
Old 12-16-08, 11:16 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

calm down guys. He posted pics and people are going to comment both ways. I think it just looks strange. Not bad or good....just strange. I guess my question would be WHY???

I guess it does really back to the old...."to each his own" phrase.

Last edited by I8ABMR; 12-16-08 at 11:19 PM.
Old 12-16-08, 11:19 PM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL... I can't imagine how far the wheels must stick out when he's not dumped. Those must be like -100 offset. ha ha.
Old 12-17-08, 12:02 AM
inLine4
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats too gangsta!
Old 12-17-08, 05:41 AM
19psi
Lexus Champion

LOL, when did I ever pressume to have the best taste in anything and for that matter try tell someone that my style was the best? How about never. Not likeing something and voicing that opinion does not automaticaly mean that I know best, although you certainly think it does. BTW, Thanks for calling me an enthusiast, b/c I am not and nor do I want to be. I don't care what people drive and if I don't like it I will say so just like so many other people who post threads on ricers and have a feild day. Oh , and you had nothing to say about people who use those fake blow off valves?

Oh and money has so much to do with anything, get a grip and stop being so sensitive.

I hope all you other people who post pics of cars with the intent of poking fun at them are taking notes b/c some poeple find it offensive.

And just for the record, you can't take it a step further, if poking fun was the original intent then the damage is already done. But I find it really , really hard to believe that you have never made fun of what someone has done with their car. Seeing them driving on the road and saying to your mates in jest, look at that tool and what he has done to his car.
If someone wanted to make fun of my car for what I have done to it or even for what I drive, be my guest b/c I don't care.

Take a step back, when did this world become so serious.

haha, ok, it's not your opinion and taste that bother me, it's just your general attitude of superiority and how you voice your opinion. other than that i have no problem with someone disliking something and saying so. what do i care, you're not an enthusiast anyway....
Old 12-17-08, 06:28 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

what do i care, you're not an enthusiast anyway....
Exactly, and that is the attitude you shoud take... And what about your dislike to those fake blow off valves hey?
Old 12-17-08, 01:36 PM
19psi
Lexus Champion

COOL. yes they're silly because they're fake; people trying to be something htey're not. it's not the part itself that i don't like as much as the people posing.
vip cars are not pretending, esp. the one in the pic; that one is hardcore.
Old 12-17-08, 04:13 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

COOL. yes they're silly because they're fake; people trying to be something htey're not. it's not the part itself that i don't like as much as the people posing.
vip cars are not pretending, esp. the one in the pic; that one is hardcore.
Ahh... So it is your opinion that those VIP cars are hardcore and the fake blowoff valves are not? Now who is dictating what is cool and what is not? And if posing is a problem for you then you might have a hard time with all those VIP guys who change the front end to look like a newer model, isn't that also considered being something they are not? Here is a LS400 with an LS430 front and rear end. Pretending to be something they are not?

Old 12-17-08, 06:14 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by cherplex
Are you really that ignorant and closed minded
I have never seen a VIP car with camber like that. Its not done because it looks like Micheal jacksons plastic surgery . Its WAY over the edge and actually makes him look much worse. I know you are trying to defend VIP, but this is not VIP . Its just kind of strange and broken looking imo. When I think of VIP I think of beautiful and classy dark colored japanese sedans with huge wheels and aggressive body kits that sit on the floor, not that funky thing. To see the obvious difference look at the car dave 600hl posted VS the freaky thing that we are discussing. The Black LS is 100x more VIP looking than the Q, and notice the gross difference in camber.

Last edited by I8ABMR; 12-17-08 at 06:19 PM.
Old 12-18-08, 05:33 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I have never seen a VIP car with camber like that. Its not done because it looks like Micheal jacksons plastic surgery . Its WAY over the edge and actually makes him look much worse. I know you are trying to defend VIP, but this is not VIP . Its just kind of strange and broken looking imo. When I think of VIP I think of beautiful and classy dark colored japanese sedans with huge wheels and aggressive body kits that sit on the floor, not that funky thing. To see the obvious difference look at the car dave 600hl posted VS the freaky thing that we are discussing. The Black LS is 100x more VIP looking than the Q, and notice the gross difference in camber.
I've already made my point in this thread no need for me to discuss further, everyone has their opinions and this is the internet. So it is what it is.
Old 12-18-08, 07:38 AM
19psi
Lexus Champion

Ahh... So it is your opinion that those VIP cars are hardcore and the fake blowoff valves are not? Now who is dictating what is cool and what is not? And if posing is a problem for you then you might have a hard time with all those VIP guys who change the front end to look like a newer model, isn't that also considered being something they are not? Here is a LS400 with an LS430 front and rear end. Pretending to be something they are not?

ah, but the difference is that these vip guys are not using fake parts to pretend to be fast. they're truly modifying hte car. those posers with fake blow off valves want everyone to think they're fast because it sounds like they are.
if you can't tell the difference between a truly modded car with front end swaps, engine swaps, etc., and a poser with a fake bov, i can't explain any further! putting a 430 front and rear end on a 400 isn't trying to pretend anything, any vip enthusiast knows what kind of car it is and they appreciate the work it takes to put a 430 front end on the car. it's a ton of work and time involved. that guy does'nt go around telling people he has a 430, because that wouldn't command the same respect as if he were to say he has a 400 and swapped a 430 front and rear end on it.
that's the difference between doing that and sticking on a fake bov. anytime you put a lot of time, money, and work into modding a car, it deserves respect even if it's not to one's taste. sticking fake rip off parts on for $50 is totally different. it's not cool because it's fake. if disliking fake parts and posers makes me judgemental, i can accept that. what i can't accept is people making fun of someones hard work and choice of styling if it's done properly. and no matter what anyone says, the first car in question was done right even if it's not to most people's taste.
in drag racing a lot of people swap chevy engines into ford bodies because they're better engines to go fast with. some people wouln'dt care for that but they still respect it if it does what it was designed to to: go fast. they're not pretending to be a chevy, it's just built for what they want to do with it.
in the off roading world people swap 1 ton chevy or dodge axles under toyota pickups for the added strength for tacking the trails. that's not posing, that's not pretending to be a chevy, that's building it for an intended purpose.
same thing with putting a 430 front end on a 400, albeit not as functional, more for looks and just to say that they did it.

i realize you're not an enthusiast in terms of modding cars, which is probably why you are having a difficult time interpreting the difference, hopefully i explained it well enough.
Old 12-18-08, 07:46 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,253 Likes on 1,367 Posts

Guys this thread is headed back in the right direction (thanks 19psi) but I'd remind you all to please keep the commentary on the style and the vehicles and not on the people making the posts. Said briefly, knock off the personal insults.
Old 12-18-08, 04:14 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

ah, but the difference is that these vip guys are not using fake parts to pretend to be fast. they're truly modifying hte car. those posers with fake blow off valves want everyone to think they're fast because it sounds like they are.
if you can't tell the difference between a truly modded car with front end swaps, engine swaps, etc., and a poser with a fake bov, i can't explain any further! putting a 430 front and rear end on a 400 isn't trying to pretend anything, any vip enthusiast knows what kind of car it is and they appreciate the work it takes to put a 430 front end on the car. it's a ton of work and time involved. that guy does'nt go around telling people he has a 430, because that wouldn't command the same respect as if he were to say he has a 400 and swapped a 430 front and rear end on it.
that's the difference between doing that and sticking on a fake bov. anytime you put a lot of time, money, and work into modding a car, it deserves respect even if it's not to one's taste. sticking fake rip off parts on for $50 is totally different. it's not cool because it's fake. if disliking fake parts and posers makes me judgemental, i can accept that. what i can't accept is people making fun of someones hard work and choice of styling if it's done properly. and no matter what anyone says, the first car in question was done right even if it's not to most people's taste.
As opposed to not spending money that some people obiously don't have to mod a car in a fashion they feel in line with their style of moding? You see that is your opinion, you think putting a lot of time and effort into modding a car makes you an enthusiast. If I wanted to to I could go and do all that stuff these guys are doing and not even break a sweat, it would be as easy as putting a fake blow off valve on my car, all I would have to do is say to my local tuner "I want this done to my car and I will pay you X amount of dollars and I will be back to pick it up in two weeks." Does that make me an enthusiast? I just find yours and others statements hypocritical, you say I think that my way of thinking is right when you sit here doing the exact same thing, accusing people who put fake blow off valves on their car as non enthusiast's, when the fact of the matter is they may not have the money to wack a big turbo/intercooler/blowoff valve. How about you get off your high horse, at least I only disagree with people for their taste and not their ecconomic situation, big difference in my book.

in drag racing a lot of people swap chevy engines into ford bodies because they're better engines to go fast with. some people wouln'dt care for that but they still respect it if it does what it was designed to to: go fast. they're not pretending to be a chevy, it's just built for what they want to do with it.
in the off roading world people swap 1 ton chevy or dodge axles under toyota pickups for the added strength for tacking the trails. that's not posing, that's not pretending to be a chevy, that's building it for an intended purpose.
same thing with putting a 430 front end on a 400, albeit not as functional, more for looks and just to say that they did it.
So what, that is what they want to do with their car and if you think it is stupid or impratical you just like many others with say so.

i realize you're not an enthusiast in terms of modding cars, which is probably why you are having a difficult time interpreting the difference, hopefully i explained it well enough.
The only thing I am having difficulty with is your double standards, I judge purely on what I see as good taste in my opinion. You on the other hand are trying to put people in categories and literaly looking down upon them when they don't fit into what you consider an "enthusiast", whatever bakes your cake I suppose. I personaly don't care and I will continue to say what I do and don't like.

Quick Reply: A little bit of negative camber never hurt anyone.