Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Anyone earn a ticket from ENRADD?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-08, 05:41 AM
luxury1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Anyone earn a ticket from ENRADD?

This is something that is becoming common in PA. The below is from a gov't agency;

"ENRADD is an infrared wireless system. One sensor is placed on each side of the roadway. Two infrared beams cross the roadway. Vehicles start and stop a computerized stop watch by breaking the infrared beams. A wireless signal is then transmitted to a police pursuit vehicle with the vehicles speed.

ENRADD is known to be perhaps the most accurate speed detection device available at this time. ENRADD has been certified by Title 67, (Penn D.O.T. Regulations) to be used by all law enforcement in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania"
Old 12-15-08, 05:42 AM
luxury1
Lexus Test Driver

By the way, I have not been ticketed with this (knock on wood).
Old 12-15-08, 07:12 AM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sweet jebus! thank goodness I don't live in the farmlands
Old 12-16-08, 05:35 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

In phoenix they have speed cameras on the freeway. Thats the worst I have seen. If you are over 75 you will get a ticket. What most people do is to launch the car right after the camera. Its a means to screw the citizens out of their money so they can earn more revenue. Many cities are hurting financially tight now and are implementing these devices to get money out of the public. In AZ they even make the photo tickets no point tickets. I havent gotten one, but most of the people who I know who have will usually not answer the notice. The city has to serve you the notice. They tell me they dont answer the door for 3 months. Seems kind of lame. I would just pay it and forget it
Old 12-16-08, 06:40 PM
luxury1
Lexus Test Driver

I have seen the red light camera's but not speed cameras. That is crazy!
Old 12-16-08, 06:50 PM
herbvdh
Lexus Test Driver

Time for http://www.photoblocker.com/ I have not used it but probably should as I drive a town that would be the first to use it as they are all a bunch of pr!ck$ hiding for everybody and don't give me the town needs money as I can save them millions right now cut some salaries down to earth ie: teachers at $100,000++ boro hall workers $100,000 these are true facts.
Old 12-16-08, 06:56 PM
luxury1
Lexus Test Driver

I knew a couple of people that used this and it doesn't work at all! Gimic!
Old 12-16-08, 08:17 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 163 Likes on 139 Posts

In Mexico City, they used to have these photo radars on the upper deck of the Periferico (that's akin to a beltway), http://www.flickr.com/photos/edlimag...69132/sizes/o/

If they caught you going over the speed limit twice in the same fiscal year, you lost your license. The car's license plate was tied into your driver's license and when you went in for emissions testing they'd tell you. If the police pulled you over for something else and looked you up in the system and you had no idea you had done this twice, you were screwed. The government did offer an online system to check to see if your plates were in the system. What really amazed me is that you did not get anything in the mail and there was no judge you could appeal it to. The local government assumed it was foolproof. Plus, if a friend was driving your car, you were screwed. If someone you didn't know (like dealer service did it), you were also screwed. Kind of like lending out your season tickets, somebody in your seat gets in a fight and gets thrown out and you lose your right to those tickets.

The good thing for me was it only applied to vehicles with a Distrito Federal (Federal District plate) not any plate from anywhere else in Mexico or the U.S., so I was safe.
Old 12-16-08, 10:01 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by luxury1
By the way, I have not been ticketed with this (knock on wood).
Is this a temporary system that they are gonna move around or is it permanent, sounds like it could eventually change traffic patterns in the area, is it a non moving violation
Old 12-16-08, 11:01 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by luxury1
I knew a couple of people that used this and it doesn't work at all! Gimic!
I know it doesnt work because my wife had hers coated in that stuff and she still got nailed. We even had the plastic cover that blocks half the numbers from the camera and the cops pulled her over for that.
Old 12-16-08, 11:10 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

The one in Mexico City also saw through this. I had guys peddling covers, sprays, etc. at my old 1/4 mile track and nothing seemed to work. I told people to just basically stop speeding near where these things were posted.

ENRADD sounds liked NORAD.
Old 12-17-08, 05:20 AM
luxury1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by EDGE2
Is this a temporary system that they are gonna move around or is it permanent, sounds like it could eventually change traffic patterns in the area, is it a non moving violation
It is 100% transferable. They just set it up where they want it that day. Also, it is a moving violation just like a normal speeding ticket (no difference).

In PA the local police cannot use Radar which makes catching speeders a lot harder (they had to rely on vascar lines) but this was approved and they love it. The state police can use Radar in PA so they do not use this from what I understand.

This quietly rolled out over the past couple of years so your state could be using it and you don't even know.
Old 12-17-08, 04:36 PM
felixsc300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't think we have these here in my part of CA, though we are loaded to the brim with red light cameras.
Old 12-17-08, 07:37 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
In phoenix they have speed cameras on the freeway. Thats the worst I have seen. If you are over 75 you will get a ticket. What most people do is to launch the car right after the camera. Its a means to screw the citizens out of their money so they can earn more revenue. Many cities are hurting financially tight now and are implementing these devices to get money out of the public.
Well, no personal offense here, but if you're going over 75 you probably deserve a ticket, especially in or around a dense-traffic area like Phoenix. Giving out tickets when they are merited is not just a game to collect revenue.

Now, I would agree with you IF you got a ticket at 60 or 65 for going just a few miles over the limit.......that clearly is uncalled for (and, yes, that happens in some areas).

Last edited by mmarshall; 12-17-08 at 07:41 PM.
Old 12-17-08, 08:13 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Ever since I got back from Mexico, I thought I was driving fast down there and people just blaze by me up and down I-95 and US1 here in Miami, even on the Turnpike, way faster than when I lived here 15 years ago. However, hardly any police presence I see on these roads...not that they aren't there.