Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Local Dealer providing reasurance

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-08, 10:42 AM
JHStrange
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Local Dealer providing reasurance

I saw a commercial from a local Ford/Mercury dealer last night. Their regular female spokesperson, she presents herself as a sales person, devoted the message to the financial stability of the dealership and the ability to always provide service and parts to maintain your Ford/Mercury is it's needed.

I found this to me an interesting change of theme from the usual sales pitch.
Old 12-15-08, 11:04 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Not only are people unconfident about the economy, but also the future of the brand.

Ford is relatively stable, but everyone has been talking about getting rid of Mercury or Lincoln or both.

I can only imagine how the general public feels about all GM products.

At this time, something reassurance like this will help Ford's relationship with their customers. Just as long as they maintain their security and stability, I think it's a good move to directly make an economic statement.
Old 12-15-08, 11:11 AM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

Not like I was really a candidate for a GFC product anyway but the more I have seen of the players in the GFC drama, the less interested I am in ever buying one of their products. I stopped an order for a Ford Van for the co. and at least in my opinion, anyone who buys one of their products, regardless of the immediate bailout, will have to take the consequences of their purchase decision.
Old 12-15-08, 01:25 PM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

While a bit reassuring from your local dealership , as stated on my post "Sign of the Times", why would a GM dealership HURTING for biz have mostly trucks and SUVs in their show room, gas-guzzling products no one is buying???

Mentality trickle down from above, friends.... THEY JUST DON'T GET IT
Old 12-16-08, 05:30 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

These dealerships are sooooooo on the egde. Many will fold in 2009. You will see
Old 12-16-08, 07:39 PM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JHStrange
I saw a commercial from a local Ford/Mercury dealer last night. Their regular female spokesperson, she presents herself as a sales person, devoted the message to the financial stability of the dealership and the ability to always provide service and parts to maintain your Ford/Mercury is it's needed.

I found this to me an interesting change of theme from the usual sales pitch.
And unless that dealer has diversified its product with other makes that survive, the "promise" is totally worthless if Ford goes under. They just become a glorified service station at that point...