Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

I wish there was a Lexus magazine

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-08, 11:09 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts
Default I wish there was a Lexus magazine

I was at Barnes and Noble tonight looking for car magazines . There was nothing interesting, but what I realized is that Mercedes, BMW,porsche, Chevy, Subaru, ferrari all have magazines soley for that brand. Why cant we have one for lexus. I guess its not a true enthusiasts car. Damn it would be cool to see a magazine loaded with Lexus info, news, future models, and tuned cars.
Old 12-16-08, 02:49 AM
tcr101
Lead Lap

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

might be the lack of sleep ive been getting.. but last time i looked thru the mail, i think i saw some lexus magazine
Old 12-16-08, 03:55 AM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is actually a Lexus Magazine, at least I know for oversea there are. But I am not sure if they have it in the US.
Old 12-16-08, 04:10 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

There's plenty of them in Japan and some other Asian countries have them too. I have a few of them on hand, but they aren't in engrish(I mean English)
Old 12-16-08, 07:29 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,354 Likes on 1,542 Posts

Why do you need magazines when you've got ClubLexus?
Old 12-16-08, 07:32 AM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

I just got a copy of the Lexus magazine. Doesn't say much about cars.
Old 12-16-08, 07:40 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Why not have both?

Old 12-16-08, 07:54 AM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

^
sweet
lol
Old 12-16-08, 08:16 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ultimately, Lexus is not an enthusiasts' brand.

It have have a couple of enthusiasts' products, but not the whole brand.

If a Lexus magazine is produced, it will most likely feature CL members all the time...
Old 12-16-08, 08:20 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Several reasons. Moderators are sometimes overbearing. Site being taken over by a corporation. Kids who say stuff without facts. Others who think they are know-it-alls. Sometimes I just wanna look at nice pics and read about the owners thoughts as he/she created their masterpiece.
I mean no disrespect in what I said but I'll bet the farm someone takes offense and may just delete the post.

Twice I've tried to get support in starting a Lexus performance magazine. I even made a proposal to JMLexus. I was told if I get enough support, they would take it to Lexus Corp. I posted a thread. Probably 30 or people chimed in with support out of the hundreds who viewed the thread. That wasn't enough support. Even if the number was more (I can't remember the real number), it would have taken around a thousand positive replies to move this higher. That many names means possible magazine sales.
To do it without support from Lexus would mean help from others. Financially and with work. No one volunteered. The reason people from brands like Mercedes and BMW say Lexus cars are without character probably coincides with the attitudes of Lexus owners. A lot of us are not as passionate about the car scene as some others. That explains why they keep buying cars they know will be in the shop every other month. We want an appliance. Something that works all the time. I don't mean to put down the brand or us enthusiasts. I speak mainly of non-enthusuasts with these comments. But it does apply to us a little.
BMW clubs all around the world behave like clubs. They meet to discuss issues and plan activities and pitch in to get things done.
Several times I suggested having regular meetings, putting together a treasury fund to support activities. People looked at me like I was crazy.
The Lexus crowd is strange. We love our cars but it ends there. Passion is not as evident as with other marques. That's how I see it. That's why a Lexus Performance Magazine won't work.
Old 12-16-08, 08:44 AM
ffpowerLN
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ice350
The Lexus crowd is strange. We love our cars but it ends there.
Because the Lexus people have better things to do than just gathering around talking about how my 325i just smoked an IS350 the other day...

Kiddings aside the Lexus owners here in california actually meet regularly. I personally would like more performance-oriented meets like going to AutoX or racetrack but let's face it... we are talking about Lexus here.
Old 12-16-08, 08:54 AM
toy4two
Lexus Champion

I am in the US and have been getting Lexus magazine for years, its a pretty crappy magazine.
Old 12-16-08, 09:00 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,354 Likes on 1,542 Posts

Several reasons. Moderators are sometimes overbearing. Site being taken over by a corporation. Kids who say stuff without facts. Others who think they are know-it-alls. Sometimes I just wanna look at nice pics and read about the owners thoughts as he/she created their masterpiece.
I mean no disrespect in what I said but I'll bet the farm someone takes offense and may just delete the post.
I certainly don't plan to delete your post, but thanks for your feedback.

> Moderators are sometimes overbearing.
Moderators are people too. Not perfect. If you don't like the actions of a mod, let another mod know - you can report any post you think is inappropriate too.

> Site being taken over by a corporation.
Magazines are put out by corporations too.

> Kids who say stuff without facts.
> Others who think they are know-it-alls.
> Sometimes I just wanna look at nice pics and read about the owners thoughts as he/she created their masterpiece.
Plenty of web sites that don't invite much or any reader feedback, but they're a dying breed.
Of course of the magazines that print any, they only print a handful of selected letters at their discretion.

Twice I've tried to get support in starting a Lexus performance magazine. I even made a proposal to JMLexus. I was told if I get enough support, they would take it to Lexus Corp. I posted a thread. Probably 30 or people chimed in with support out of the hundreds who viewed the thread. That wasn't enough support. Even if the number was more (I can't remember the real number), it would have taken around a thousand positive replies to move this higher. That many names means possible magazine sales.
Exactly - the idea is DOA. And more and more magazines currently in existence will go bye bye and I say GOOD! It's a gigantic waste of resources. And you can read many web sites WITHOUT seeing the comments by just getting RSS feeds. If you still want paper, just print it!

The Lexus crowd is strange. We love our cars but it ends there. Passion is not as evident as with other marques. That's how I see it. That's why a Lexus Performance Magazine won't work.
I don't agree with strange. Lexus primarily attracts those who want reliability, refinement, and luxury. It will take Lexus a decade or more to have much of a performance following and they still are only making a half-hearted effort. The IS-F is a good effort, but bringing out only ONE performance model is a joke. At the rate they're going and with the bad economy it will be two decades. By then NO ONE will be reading magazines, and you'll be old like me.
Old 12-16-08, 09:02 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by toy4two
I am in the US and have been getting Lexus magazine for years, its a pretty crappy magazine.
We're not talking about that lifestyle mag currently being sent to us by Lexus Corp.
We want a real performance oriented magazine.
Old 12-16-08, 09:07 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

To do it without support from Lexus would mean help from others. Financially and with work. No one volunteered. The reason people from brands like Mercedes and BMW say Lexus cars are without character probably coincides with the attitudes of Lexus owners. A lot of us are not as passionate about the car scene as some others. That explains why they keep buying cars they know will be in the shop every other month. We want an appliance. Something that works all the time. I don't mean to put down the brand or us enthusiasts. I speak mainly of non-enthusuasts with these comments. But it does apply to us a little.
BMW clubs all around the world behave like clubs. They meet to discuss issues and plan activities and pitch in to get things done.
Several times I suggested having regular meetings, putting together a treasury fund to support activities. People looked at me like I was crazy.
I agree fully with your post. I remember that thread you posted a while back with regards to starting a Lexus enthusiast magazine and I was in full support of your quest at the time and signed my name to that list.. As mentioned, only a few out of the many CL members signed up. I guess it all boils down to interest and many members are losing it for various reasons.. I will not get into my personal feelings..

Quick Reply: I wish there was a Lexus magazine