Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2010 Nissan Petrol (next Armanda/Infiniti QX replacement)

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-08, 10:40 AM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Armada/QX4 failed because they were not supported with either proper advertising or service. This is the vehicle they should have been selling 10-15 years ago. Choosing this moment to import a truck-based SUV with a big V8 - or even with the V6 smoker-motor, just as we are expecting another upswing in gas prices - would seem to be marketing suicide.
The Armada/QX failed because they are designed only for the US market and the US market at this point cannot support the Armada/QX. Just like the Sequioa, escalade, america suvs..if the US is not buying them then nobody else will.

As for the Land Cruiser, Patrol, RR..these are sold all around the world in more than 100 countries for some of them...its a lot easier to sell these. Many are used for real work and not the shopping mall or suburban streets.
Old 12-18-08, 11:10 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Patrol has been around for a long time. I can't really figure why Nissan never brought it here to the states. Unlike the QX and Armada it has always been a pretty serious off-road machine. They should have at least made it the QX originally. But like someone else said it's the right decision at probably the wrong time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Patrol
Old 12-18-08, 11:23 AM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Old 12-18-08, 01:07 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by pagemaster
The Armada/QX failed because they are designed only for the US market and the US market at this point cannot support the Armada/QX. Just like the Sequioa, escalade, america suvs..if the US is not buying them then nobody else will.

As for the Land Cruiser, Patrol, RR..these are sold all around the world in more than 100 countries for some of them...its a lot easier to sell these. Many are used for real work and not the shopping mall or suburban streets.
They failed b/c Nissan completely botched the rollout with their **** poor quality. THey were the WORST vehicles you could buy when launched. It was particularly bad for Infiniti b/c people thought "its an Infiniti"?? They were ugly, not luxurious with **** poor fit and finish. Their main positive trait was the engine and the space.

I bashed and beat both from day one and I was proven correct again.

My QX review I didn't post here but I will move back in here and you will clealry see what I was talking about. It is embaressing that this is a new SUV for over 50k. Its horrible.

I am positive the Petrol will be better in each way possible. In reading Euro reviews the previous one is liked pretty much.

Thing is I've NEVER seen it compared to the Toyota Prado or the Landcruiser, it seems to be a step below the Prado and 2 steps below the Landcruiser. The Prado is our Lexus GX.

Old 12-18-08, 01:20 PM
ffpowerLN
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default VIDEO: Stealth 1,000 HP Nissan Patrol

We just told you about Nissan's next-gen Patrol SUV and the fact that it might be coming to North America. While rumors have the engine options including a first-ever V8 for the model, the big news is the diesel engine co-developed with Renault that's slated to put out 405 ft-lbs. of torque. While that sounds enticing, apparently that won't be good enough for a certain impatient Dubai businessman. He went to tuner HKS and had them turn up the wick a bit on a current-generation Patrol while he's waiting for the new one.

The result is more than 1,000 PS, or roughly 1,000 HP. And the best part is that the exterior remains mostly stock looking, though the giant hood scoop is admittedly a tipoff. We'd suggest tracking down some Pirelli Scorpions at least, though they're not likely to be as useful for track duty. Sure, a Bugatti Veyron might be more stylish and yes, it has about the same horsepower. Heck, it even has all-wheel drive, but it doesn't have nearly the ground clearance or the cargo room as this Patrol, so the decision was obvious. Apparently, this stealth bomber SUV was just featured in an issue of Option Magazine in Japan. If anyone has more details, please share. Until then, check out the gallery and the video after the jump.
Source: http://www.autoblog.com/2008/12/18/v...nissan-patrol/

ffpower says: WOW...
Old 12-18-08, 01:46 PM
19psi
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^ gotta love turbo diesels for massive power.
Old 12-20-08, 01:56 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ffpower
All that power coming from a turbo-diesel engine???
Old 12-20-08, 07:23 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Lil4X
The Armada/QX4 failed because they were not supported with either proper advertising or service.
The Armada's Infiniti twin was the QX56, Lil, not the QX4. The QX4 is a redone Pathfinder.

The Armada/QX56 failed, at least in the American market, not because of advertising or service, but because of a reputation for poor reliability, which reflects the problems Nissan has had at the Canton, MS plant where they were built. That plant has not been a success like other foreign-owned assembly plants in the South, though Mercedes has also had a lot of trouble with the ML-series, which is built at Tuscaloosa, AL.
Old 12-20-08, 11:04 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I hear that these cars are very common in dubai and its very common to have them worked and putting down some hardcore hp numbers. I think its avery nice looking suv. Looks more like a lexus though.
Old 12-21-08, 12:39 PM
Rash
hmm

^ yes, Nissan Patrols and Toyota Land Cruisers are the top selling cars in Middle East, everyone buys it, from teens, moms, and family. lol

Youtube doesnt work with me at the moment, but if you type Nissan Patrol Turbo or something you will find a vid racing with a Murcielago :P
Old 07-18-09, 01:17 AM
Rash
hmm

Old 07-18-09, 05:53 AM
LexFather

Good catch. Looks like a knock-off LX.

Old 07-18-09, 06:23 AM
Rash
hmm

Here are some old pictures, for those who didn't see it.
Old 07-18-09, 06:52 PM
LexT
Lead Lap

I'd def. buy this truck, people in other parts of the world tune this turbo motor into an animal!!

Last edited by LexT; 07-18-09 at 06:56 PM.
Old 07-18-09, 06:56 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

looks like nissan jumped on the i-drive bandwagon.

Quick Reply: 2010 Nissan Petrol (next Armanda/Infiniti QX replacement)