Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

EVO magazine announces the Nissan GTR as car of the year ( sounds familiar )

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-08, 11:02 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts
Default EVO magazine announces the Nissan GTR as car of the year ( sounds familiar )

I just picked up the most recent edition of EVO magazine ( high end Euro car magazine. It has amazing pics but will cost you twice the price of a road and track) and saw that they awarded the car of the year to the extremely well reviewed and awarded Nissan GTR. Congratulations to the engineers at Nissan for waking Godzilla. It has also won car of the year for at least 2 major american automotive publications, if not three. The GTR is truely amazing. I have never seen any car in my life time that has been recieved as well, and has made such a statement, or had such an effect on the industry.

In the EVO comparison the GTR beat out cars like the Porsche GT2, Lamborghini Gallardo LP560, Maserati Gran turismo S , the new alfa Romeo 8C Competizione, Porsche 997 GT2, and the Aston Martin V8 Vantage. Whats also amazing is the fact that with a sticker price like 72K there will sooo many more enthusiasts that will be able to experience TRUE super car performance for a realtively very small amount of money. Love it or hate it, the GTR had raised the bar. Just like the NSX back in the day, the GTR will force the other sports cars producers to raise the bar and rethink things a little.

" There isnt another performance car on the planet that's as devastatingly cost-effective as the GTR" EVO magazine

In case some were not aware. The Nissan GTR is also faster to 60 than the half a million dollar Benz SLR . Its actually faster or equal to the now multimilion dollar Ferrari Enzo ( depending on the magazine you read. Times for the GTR wil vary from 3.5 to 3.2 sec) Now that I think , when I look in the back of the magazine for the posted 0-60 times the GTR is faster than all of the farreris listed and also faster than all of the Lamborghinis listed.

I dont know about you guys, but I have always had dreams of owning a car that can perform like that. Now with prices that will eventually drop , many enthusiasts can have one and drive it daily. I am saving my lunch money.................seriously.

Last edited by I8ABMR; 12-19-08 at 10:41 PM.
Old 12-18-08, 11:18 PM
FKL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah it's a truly amazing car, at a truly amazing price. Definitely warranted
Old 12-19-08, 12:13 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I saw my 3rd GTR today at a stop light. I always honk. The driver rolled down the window and I congratulated him on his purchase. He rolled up the window, and when the light turned green he treated me to a real show. He launched that thing soooo hard. I couldnt believe how fast that car went across the intersection and took off. I had no chance to keep up and lost him at the next red light. It was like chasing Godzilla. LOL I had no chance against the beast from the east. I was left in the dust with the biggest smile anyone has ever had after getting totally dusted ( not like I was racing. I was just trying to keep him in sight so I could drool a little more)
Old 12-19-08, 06:15 PM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Automobile Mag and Motor Trend also named it car of the year. I was
reading the Automobile review and basically their summary is that the car
is just an *** kicker.

I saw one at the New England Auto Show in red and it was impressive.
Old 12-19-08, 06:22 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I have seen a few. You are verylucky if you even see one. They are rarer than many ferraris right now. I think there was only 1500 for the US. Its an amazing machine. Yes ther are cars on earth that are faster. But I dont think the extra 1.43 million dollars is worth the 6 -8 tenths of a second to 60. I would buy 3 GTR's, and NSXR, a handful of Evo's and STI's, maybe a few supras, R32's,33's, and R34's and I think I would still have a million for a nice new place in the hills. It just cant be touched for the money. Dollar for dollar it the the fastest car on earth . I have been in love with the GTR since the R32. I am soooo happy that , not only is Godzilla here, but its already set the market on fire and the automotive community ablaze as well. I love it.

Last edited by I8ABMR; 12-19-08 at 10:42 PM.