Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Audi: immature? (New ad going after BMW inside)

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-09, 08:31 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The interior of the RL is awesome. It's just that they ****ed-up the exterior in the MMC facelift version (well on the Acura version that is). For the Honda Legend version, thankfully it's not botched up
Old 09-22-09, 11:22 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

The RL has so much protential, Acura should really invest more into it and make it their flagship instead of that stupid looking ZDX. The interior is among the best in class, just re-design the exterior and give it a V8 and they will have a winner. Acura with a V8, easier said than done
Old 02-18-10, 07:04 PM
LexFather

Post The new improved brash Audi goes after BMW again with ad

I really liked laid back and quiet/confident Audi. New brash Audi is really unappealing to me. Come to your own conclusions here, another video.

To their credit, their marketing continues to be A LOT BETTER than in the past.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/02/18/v...bmw/#continued

Old 02-18-10, 07:16 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

This one just came on a few minutes ago. My "Audi = Immature" thread comes back to mind...
Old 02-18-10, 07:19 PM
LexFather

Merged..........

Old 02-18-10, 07:21 PM
RXSF

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

Besides the "being mean" part of audi, its actually a pretty good ad
Old 02-18-10, 07:45 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

It's obviously just advertising spin but their "growing faster than BMW, Mercedes, and Lexus" line is pretty stupid. When you're 1/5 the size of the big boys you have a lot more room to grow...
Old 02-18-10, 08:24 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

There is the advertising adage, "don't mention your competitors directly--it's giving them free advertising." Their marketing is eye-catching but the message isn't really brand resonating as much as it is sorta street punk, look at me big guys--inadvertently admitting who the big guys are.

I do however note that Lexus' ads have focused on individual cars, and have less of a brand message than Mercedes' and lately Infiniti's. I'd like to see a more cohesive branding image. Right now Lexus has RX, GX, ES ads highlighting the features and capabilities of each, it would be great to highlight the prestige of the brand and its values as well.
Old 02-19-10, 12:02 AM
FinalBurst
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
It's obviously just advertising spin but their "growing faster than BMW, Mercedes, and Lexus" line is pretty stupid. When you're 1/5 the size of the big boys you have a lot more room to grow...
Audi is 1/5 the size of "the big boys"?
1. America is not the world.
2. Audi is within spitting distance of overtaking Mercedes as the Number 2 Luxury Auto Marque in terms of sales.

I actually love the new ad. BMW/Audi marketing war is one of the best.
Old 02-19-10, 12:05 AM
LexFather

^^^ The ad is in America... Thus his comment.....

Selling a bunch of small cars, Tiny diesels etc helps sales. It's not a bunch of S4s being sold.

Old 02-19-10, 12:12 AM
FinalBurst
Driver

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
^^^ The ad is in America... Thus his comment.....

Selling a bunch of small cars, Tiny diesels etc helps sales. It's not a bunch of S4s being sold.
The ad is one of a multitude of BMW/Audi back and forths that have not been limited to US soil.

Are you kidding me now? Audi's best selling cars are its cheaper ones? Let me guess, M's and AMG's do not account for the majority of BMW and Mercedes' sales. The fact remains that on a global scale, the "big boys" are the three best selling auto marques, BMW, Mercedes, and Audi.
Old 02-19-10, 04:33 AM
GS69
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Talking Fade Ad

Old 02-19-10, 06:48 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by FinalBurst
The ad is one of a multitude of BMW/Audi back and forths that have not been limited to US soil.
As an American I don't really have too much access to Chinese, Japanese, German, French, Australian, Russian, Polynesian, Canadian, Brazilian, or South African, etc. media and sales information for Audi so...it would make sense that my comment stands regarding what I have personally seen and experienced, which is America.

I know Audi is a serious player on the global stage, but nobody can deny they are playing catch-up in America.
Old 02-19-10, 08:36 AM
rogers2
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

This thread makes me laugh. Its obvious Audi is a major player; I definitely wouldn’t mine owning a R8. Hey I love America but it’s not the world. As far as the commercials hey they can attack whoever they feel like. One thing I do know they make some of the most beautiful cars in the world. Does the commercial grab my attention, Yes! Then they have accomplished their goal. Every time I drive past the Audi dealership. I always say to myself their exterior paint looks immaculate.
Old 02-19-10, 08:43 AM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

^ everytime I drive past an Audi dealership I don't think anything. Quattro makes life hella boring.

Quick Reply: Audi: immature? (New ad going after BMW inside)