Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Webs of speed cameras coming to UK

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-09, 12:50 AM
sc-driver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
The cities of America are in very very poor financial standings and are looking to law enforcement to help increase the cities revenue quickly and effectively. Its BS. In a time when the citizens are being laid off and losing their homes these theiving city officials are stealing from their constituents. They will use the exuse that this is to stop all speeding in the city, but if that happened where would they be financially??? Its clear to any person with half a brain that they are not interested in our safety as much as they are interested in using our safety as a shield to steal our money with no argument from the masses
If law enforcement were truly interested in promoting safety, they would be out in the open instead of hiding behind signs, bushes...etc The single fact that they are visible, in my opinion, promote safety.
Old 01-02-09, 06:54 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,394 Likes on 1,568 Posts

and in stunning news (not), the Feds are considering RAISING THE GAS TAX because prices are low now.
Old 01-02-09, 07:23 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 162 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by sc-driver
If law enforcement were truly interested in promoting safety, they would be out in the open instead of hiding behind signs, bushes...etc The single fact that they are visible, in my opinion, promote safety.
I always loved this one when I was living in Mexico.
Attached Thumbnails Webs of speed cameras coming to UK-img_2998.jpg  
Old 01-02-09, 10:52 AM
ffcgary1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As an Englishman here in the uk i can tell you that the goverment here are obsesed with 2 things, raising taxes to get them out of the crap that they got themselfs into and Terrorism, Now you may say that is a worthy cause and i will agree, but we are now ALL being treated as suspected terrorists and they usecctv and speed cameras to that end. They say that the speed cameras are only to be put in areas where the accident rate is high, BS, they design and build a new road and every every 2 miles they plant a speed camera.
The city of london is surrounded by what is known as a ring of steel, every main route into the city is covered by armed police officers and HUGE banks of cctv. all the smaller roads and cut throughs are now closed and you are forced to use the main overcrowded roads. A congestion Charge now covers this area as well,they dont have the ***** to call it a tax. We pay a tax to drive our cars already, its called vehicle excise duty,[ved] and that is currently dependent on the size of engine cc's and emissions. This unfortunatly is a sign of the times in the world that we live in and we in the uk had more than our fair share of terrorist bombings and twice myself have been very close to them [IRA]. you guys have had 2/3 major terrorist atrocoties,and we suffered with you when 911 happened, but that single event changed so much in the world today and speed cameras are just part of it Lets al hope for a peacfull 2009 and that all our guys in service for our nations get back soon safe and sound.