Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

GM unveils 2010 Buick LaCrosse (updated)

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-09, 07:09 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This has to be the first Buick that has ever made me consider actually owning it. Interior is very nice if not a bit too heavy on the wood accents. But very good-looking.
Old 01-08-09, 07:11 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Double-post. Stupid!
Old 01-08-09, 07:30 AM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Big Andy
Looks great apart from the terrible afterthought of a front grille.
I love the look of the front grille. Don't like the rear chrome bar so much but otherwise I think this car looks great inside and out.

Originally Posted by biggie27
what no side vents......this cant be a luixury car with no side vents ....but seriously thats actually realy nice, never thought a buick would make me think twice about a camry or ES350.....GM is actually moving on up I just hope tehy sort out there financial troubles and become a major player with cadillac and buick
LOL... I thought the same thing. Where are the side vents?!? Kudos for leaving them out. I hope GM does well with this.
Old 01-08-09, 07:40 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

This new model should appeal to a wider audience than the current one. Whether is does or not remains to be seen, but it could be a start. Lucerne for the traditional Buick buyer and LaCrosse for new buyers.
Old 01-08-09, 08:32 AM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

Wow, kudos to Buick. However, I'm not sure why that 3.0L with DI isn't more powerful and its not all that fuel efficient. 18/27. Come on, the ES gets 19/28 and puts down more power.
Old 01-08-09, 08:35 AM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As of late, Ford and GM as a whole show they are not dead yet.

This is a nice looking ride for a "Buick".
Old 01-08-09, 09:50 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by SLegacy99
Wow, kudos to Buick. However, I'm not sure why that 3.0L with DI isn't more powerful and its not all that fuel efficient. 18/27. Come on, the ES gets 19/28 and puts down more power.
The 3.5L used in Toyotas and Lexus is a nice engine. In both DI and non-DI form it's class leading or class competitive in both performance AND fuel efficiency.
Old 01-08-09, 10:07 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 793 Likes on 556 Posts

I'm liking this car
Old 01-08-09, 10:10 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Nice body, many Lexus-like features such as high belt line, exhaust tips, etc.
Old 01-08-09, 10:11 AM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

looks nice, but like the Genesis, it reminds me of everything
Front: infiniti g
side: lexus gs
rear: lexus ls
Old 01-08-09, 10:16 AM
Driver School Candidate

GM has another solid hit on their hands. The Malibu, the Silverado, Cobalt SS, GM is on a roll. Lexus better watch out.
Old 01-08-09, 10:19 AM
LexFather

I am going to go against the grain here and I'll tell you why

Let me start off with what I like. The interior looks fantastic and well thought out. The engines seem solid. The fit and finish and quality look superb in pics. The styling is better than before. Nice to see another car with an AWD option.

THAT SAID.

I am tired of American car companies making their cars look Asian. TO be honest this and the Lincoln MKS look similar and both look like nicer Camrys. Buick was to go with RWD but stuck to FWD. No V-8 option and that looks to be a BIG car. The front overhang is huge and belongs on an Escalade.

IMO, Buick does have its core audience (its clear Americans still want their American cars looking at MKS sales) and this should sell well or at least meet expectations. I totally expect the same BUick owners to buy this though and I don't think it is going to attract any younger buyers.

Funny there seems to be a new AWD luxury class with FWD and then AWD. Acura RL, Lincoln MKS and now this Buick.

The ES has its work cut out for it, here is another very solid competitor aiming right for it. I can't see Lexus NOT offering AWD next go round on the ES.

Some other cars that need to worry are the ugly *** TL, the G37 and CTS. You see most drivers don't push their cars and this Buick might appeal to people who want to buy American and never had a decent option in this price range.

Overall good work, I'm just a little underwhelmed.

Old 01-08-09, 10:50 AM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm going to be looking very closely at this car when my 335i's lease comes up.

All in all though I'm more likely to go with the new Buick Regal instead since the sticker price, fuel economy and size are a little closer to what I'm looking for.
If you haven't see in it, check it out here:
http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2008/12...lery-opel.html

For those talking about the fuel economy of this compared to the Lexus ES... consider this car weighs in the 3950-4150 range... not sure how the sizes stack up as I haven't done the comparison but I wouldn't be surprised if this car was more Lexus GS sized... the weight is certainly closer to the GS, as is the fuel economy.
Old 01-08-09, 11:06 AM
ffpowerLN
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Threxx
I'm going to be looking very closely at this car when my 335i's lease comes up.
Yeah right...

Old 01-08-09, 11:07 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Doesn't impress me much at all. It just doesn't look like a BUICK. It's too jelly-bean-shaped, the dash doesn't have enough wood trim on it, and the interior, on the whole, is too curvaceous. The current LaCrosse, looks-wise, IMO, is FAR better. Of course, I can't comment on the drivability without actually getting behind the wheel, but I'd bet the last dollar on the monthly rent it has a firmer suspension and lower-profile tires than the current model, which means a stiffer ride.

Quick Reply: GM unveils 2010 Buick LaCrosse (updated)