Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Corvette pricing,Camaro arrival update, and GM's future

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-09, 06:27 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by skinny gs
ZR1 selling for 150k list 120k. GM should not allow that to happen. .
GM DOESN'T allow that to happen at Saturn, where dealerships (they are called "retailers") are required by company policy to sell at list (plus any factory-approved accessories, if applicable). That means no mark-ups and no discounts. Toyota's Scion division has the same policy, to help make it easier for new-car buyers not to have to haggle and bargain.

GM, though, only does this with Saturn. Other GM dealerships are free to mark up....or discount......whatever the local market will bear. Before Oldsmobile went out of buisness, a number of their dealerships adopted the one-price/no-haggle policy, too (I remember one near my house that did), but it was not official Olds pricing structure, and strictly voluntary by dealerships.

Last edited by mmarshall; 01-08-09 at 06:31 PM.
Old 01-09-09, 05:33 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HIJACK!!!

Back on topic... guy looking at the othe ZR1 had no problem with $150K.... money is not an issue to people who really want these cars.... and the guy who bought the other Z couldn't care less about price in a year, he "can't wait to drive the p-ss out of it"....
Old 01-09-09, 07:03 PM
videcormeum
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TwiBlueG35
What? They MUST produce the new Camaro, please....................
I'd dump the Camaro if I was calling the shots for GM.

Chevy doesn't need a pony car. The top-line, biggest-V8 on offer model will be the only car worth consideration and that will approach Corvette pricing. The V6 base will, like the Mustang, probably seriously underwhelm while still stickering in the mid-20's. I don't see that car doing the volume GM wants after year 1.

M.
Old 01-09-09, 08:18 PM
skinny gs
Rookie

How is the Challenger doing now that the excitement has worn off? Probably similar for the camaro, maybe better than challenger, but i dont think it will challenge the Mustang.