Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.
View Poll Results: Is Lexus obsolete?
No, we still like our glorified Toyotas
50.00%
Yes, Lexus has little to no flair anymore
50.00%
Voters: 10000381. You may not vote on this poll

Has Lexus become obsolete?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-09, 10:12 AM
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Has Lexus become obsolete?

Looks like Buick is taking a page out of Lexus playbook. Again.

http://www.cheersandgears.com/lofive...hp?t27581.html

First it was the Enclave which showed Lexus how to build a real luxury crossover, now they're teaching them how to build a real luxury car. What is happening to Lexus?

Everyone already knows they're just gussied up Toyotas, and GM quality has been strong for the past couple of years while Toyota has been plagued with numerous recalls for busting camshafts, bad transmissions, low quality and mosty of all, shrinking desirability. They've also been creeping up in the median age of buyer (Buick is on par with Toyota now and going lower while Toyota is only selling to older people for the most part).

So is the tide turning? I do see a lot more Buicks on the road than I do Lexus, so I'd say the answer is a solid yes.

Lexus still has no answer to the class leading Enclave, will they have an answer for this hot new Lacrosse? I read yesterday, that Lexus is dropping the ES form the lineup, so ar ethey just going to let Buick steal away buyers?

Solid hit after solid hit (Lucerne, Enclave, and now Lacrosse) are not what Lexus needs to be competing with right now. Especially with Toyota lossing more sales last month than GM did. Is Toyota going to need a bailout?
Old 01-08-09, 10:23 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by 1487
Looks like Buick is taking a page out of Lexus playbook. Again.

http://www.cheersandgears.com/lofive...hp?t27581.html

First it was the Enclave which showed Lexus how to build a real luxury crossover, now they're teaching them how to build a real luxury car. What is happening to Lexus?

Everyone already knows they're just gussied up Toyotas, and GM quality has been strong for the past couple of years while Toyota has been plagued with numerous recalls for busting camshafts, bad transmissions, low quality and mosty of all, shrinking desirability. They've also been creeping up in the median age of buyer (Buick is on par with Toyota now and going lower while Toyota is only selling to older people for the most part).

So is the tide turning? I do see a lot more Buicks on the road than I do Lexus, so I'd say the answer is a solid yes.

Lexus still has no answer to the class leading Enclave, will they have an answer for this hot new Lacrosse? I read yesterday, that Lexus is dropping the ES form the lineup, so ar ethey just going to let Buick steal away buyers?

Solid hit after solid hit (Lucerne, Enclave, and now Lacrosse) are not what Lexus needs to be competing with right now. Especially with Toyota lossing more sales last month than GM did. Is Toyota going to need a bailout?
Nice first post on Club Lexus.
Old 01-08-09, 10:30 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

I am trading both my Lexus for Buicks !! They are so popular in China too, not only in America
Old 01-08-09, 11:37 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
I am trading both my Lexus for Buicks !! They are so popular in China too, not only in America
Andrew I was going to trade mine in too. FWIW, I prefer and respect Buick more than Acura. That said Buick has a 3 vehicle Lineup, its very small but I liked the older ones and the newer ones are even better.

1SICKBUICK?