Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.
View Poll Results: POLL TIME!!!
02/03 Acura NSX
75.00%
05 Maserati Coupe
25.00%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Decision Time: 05 Maserati Coupe vs 02/03 NSX

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-09, 11:59 AM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Revenge Motorsports
I would pick the NSX if your not going to doing anything to it leave it stock otherwise better have $5K sitting around to fix it. A clutch job alone is gonna run $3-$4K just because its a Honda doesn't mean its gonna be cheap, we work on these all the time and the fix is never cheap and everyone whines about it. "Its border line exotic"
More like $2k. I'm going to need one soon after the current one has lasted only 8 years and 100k miles.

NSX maintenance is not expensive. I don't understand those that say otherwise - they're probably just speculating. Or perhaps they own a shop and want to justify their fees.

Good luck with selling your car Nazty. Sounds like those folks you were dealing with won't ever come through. Heck, I wouldn't even want them to have my car if they wasted my time like that.
Old 01-17-09, 01:16 PM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

...yeah, it's a buyers market for sure... the economy has people strapped for cash, and also a ton of people cutting back, downsizing, and trying to offload cash burdens... so the people who call are always trying to take advantage of that fact...

Luckily, it's not a situation of "have to sell"... so I'm prepared to keep it, and wait a little while longer and have all 3... I'd prefer to have my NSX now though... and could buy a third one now, but that wouldn't be very responsible... need to grow my business some,... so trying to be smart about money... ( to some extent )

I think I'd be happier if someone out of state bought my car,... the people who bought my SC400 trashed it out, and when I saw it in person downtown, it broke my heart... so much work and care, gone instantly...
Old 01-18-09, 04:55 PM
LexFather

I've always fantasized about doing a Type-R conversion of some sort.

Old 01-20-09, 08:21 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,367 Likes on 1,083 Posts

You guys calling the ACURA NSX a Honda is like calling the Lexus LS600H a Toyota. Where and how that car was built shared nothing with a Honda.

The NSX consistantly took out and laped cars with 100hp more on the track all day long. Get some of the Comptech Racing parts, which by the way if they were are installed by the Dealer were Warrantied, and the S/C kit makes that car Deadly.

A Black one is the only way to go, and they made less Black ones than any other color if I remember correctly.

For a car introduced in 1991 it's pure Eye Candy and allways will be.

FYI every Indy car engine was a Honda engine the last few years and If I remember correctly theres not been one that did not finish because of engine failure.
Old 01-20-09, 08:42 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Well, it actually is a Honda in most of the rest of the world and the guys who want their cars JDM here switch to Honda badges. It is an amazing car. It doesn't matter what the badge says.
Old 01-20-09, 08:48 PM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah,

it's the Honda NSX everywhere in the world, not the Acura NSX.
Old 01-20-09, 09:35 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,367 Likes on 1,083 Posts

Originally Posted by link13
Well, it actually is a Honda in most of the rest of the world and the guys who want their cars JDM here switch to Honda badges. It is an amazing car. It doesn't matter what the badge says.
Yes and some Lexus's are Toyotas in other parts of the world, and the Acura TXS is the Honda Accord in other parts of the world, but...... switching the badges on a car does not make it JDM. I think lots of people get confused about what a JDM really is . Now if he was talking about trying to buy a JDM NSX then that would be correct but he's talking about buying a Acura NSX US car.

The thread was about purchasing a NSX here in the states, and here it's always been called the Acura NSX. Always, and it's NOT a right hand drive car here .