Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

[picture]...2010 Toyota Prius vs 2010 Honda Insight

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-09, 11:35 PM
LexFather

Old 02-16-09, 11:38 PM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Was this to show an extremely dated interior??
Old 02-16-09, 11:45 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by TJW98LS
Was this to show an extremely dated interior??
Look at the vents and basically overall layout. Circle vents are back in

Old 02-16-09, 11:49 PM
Sens4Miles
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Look at the vents and basically overall layout. Circle vents are back in
They sure are..

Old 02-16-09, 11:54 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Sens4Miles
They sure are..

We are going to have to disagree here. My point was the vents are ALL circular. Not just some. You can tell the difference in quality too whereas the Insight has Boneville looking plastic.

[B]
I suggest go for the Benz CLK which has circular vents all over.

Last edited by LexFather; 02-17-09 at 12:07 AM.

Old 02-17-09, 12:05 AM
LexFather

Thanks for posting this. Toyota does have a Fuel Cell hybrid.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...ml#post3583958
You also posted this, Nissan thinks electric cars are the future
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...ys-nissan.html

Looking back, you seem to have an interest in hybrid/fuel cell/alternative energy cars .
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...ml#post3562923
Here you are getting into it with gengar.
I'm going to keep babbling. Your points are ridiculous, your insight is wrong, and apparently, all the major car manufacturers agree with me. So you keep going on and on about how EVs are not the future, that battery technology will never ever improve (not even in a million years), that we'll never have a charging infrastructure put in place, that 200% of the population drives 300 miles day and goes on road trips 5 times a week, and how we should all just keep paying outrageous prices for foreign oil, polluting the environment, and essentially remaining technologically backwards.

I'll drive my EV that gets a 40 mile pure electric range and buy a gallon of gas once a month and you can go buy a Hummer and pay hundreds of dollars a week to fuel up. Have fun.
Here you are AGREEING Acura is going to be left behind and should have a hybrid variant.

And just what exactly is the reason to wait 7 more years before a hybrid Fit is available for sale??

See, this is why Honda will never ever be able to beat Toyota in sales and why Acura will never ever be able to beat Lexus in sales. They are sooooo slow at adjusting to the market and it takes them forever and a day to do anything. I think by 2015, Acura the brand, could very well be a distant memory. I think 7 years is more than enough time for them to self destruct and destroy that company (it's already happening). As someone above mentioned, the Acura TL should already have a hybrid variant. The fact that Honda is oblivious to doing so speaks volumes. The fact that Acura still does not offer a V8 in their flagship also speaks volumes.

By 2015, Toyota/Lexus (among others) will most likely have plug-ins that achieve 100mpg and EVs that you can charge up at home. Will anyone care about a regular old hybrid Fit in 2015 at that point? I don't think so
In reviewing your posts to be honest, we DON'T really disagree on much. You just don't like me and I have responded in kind.

I say lets hug and make up since honestly, we do agree on most topics and your alternative energy vehicle passion/knowledge is much valued and appreciated.

As a token I'll change my post to be less reactive. You don't have too, I'm just saying what I will do.

Lets now get this back on topic.

Old 02-17-09, 01:37 AM
xioix
Racer

Originally Posted by ffpower
Honda started the hybrid vehicle production too with the first gen Insight but look now who's leading in that game...

It's really not about who's first, it's about who can perfect it.
Honda didn't start the hybrid mass production, Toyota did, Honda just released the Insight to the US before Toyota brought it the US.

The Prius was out in Japan before the Insight was
Old 02-17-09, 08:04 AM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Nextourer
Cause it only added 15hp and a good chunk of change which is kinda tough for the marketing department to promote as a "power" hybrid. If they marketed it as a fuel saver that just so happens to be the most powerful Accord, that might have helped a bit more than saying it's the most powerful Accord and thus it'll cost you Cdn$3k more (moonroof was removed for 2005 but added back in 2006).
No, I think a 260 HP TL hybrid would sell itself. Luxury car buyers are the one's that have the money to spend on expensive technology like hybrid powertrains. I think alot of people would buy such a green vehicle even if it were $5k above the base TL, it would still be $15k cheaper than a GSh. Making it more attainable to people who a hybrid and a nice car.
Old 02-22-09, 09:54 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SLegacy99
No, I think a 260 HP TL hybrid would sell itself. Luxury car buyers are the one's that have the money to spend on expensive technology like hybrid powertrains. I think alot of people would buy such a green vehicle even if it were $5k above the base TL, it would still be $15k cheaper than a GSh. Making it more attainable to people who a hybrid and a nice car.
I suppose. I think you mentioned this before in another thread, esp. now that the TL has upwards of 300hp.
Old 02-23-09, 11:04 AM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

Yeah, Ive mentioned it a couple of times, I guess because Im surprised that Acura has smelled Lexus's good smelling recipe of hybrid performance cars.