Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Work USA/Ravspeconline

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-09, 02:42 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RX469
Ice,

Wow. I can still sense your heated fustration with this issue.

I'm gathering that you honestly do believe you did not damage this wheel to cause it's current state and your first initital course of action to Reg & Work seemed to not be as important of an issue as it is for you.

That being said, it seemed like Reg is trying to reach out and appease as much as he can and the letter from Work is well, more of a general acknowledgement of your issue than anything else.

It can be downright fustrating after spending lots of hard-to-come-by-$$ these days, plus $hipping plus time only to have such support!!??!!
I believe each and every situation should be given utmost attention on it's own merit, such as yours because the individual purchase is important and means the world to "that" buyer and if they fail to support or fail in genuine attempt to appease an unhappy (though honest legit complaint) customer, well you've just taken the wind out of his/her sail, which is no fun!

Ice I agree, I think it was thoughtless for Mr. **** to post new products in the same email of an unresolved issue! Also, it does seem (only from the info. I've gathered in this thread) that Reg has been trying to work with you.

Though i'm not in your shoes, take a break, have a glass of water and take some deep breaths (it does work with trying to relax) and give Reg another try to work with you.......and I do hope, if your claim is justified that this does work out whereby everyone wins......that is, you get this corrected and RavSpec gets some more business, and in the process everyone learns and wins!

Did anyone fall asleep yet? lol

Good luck! and keep us posted.
My name is Reggie. Jim is from Work. Rick is from Ravspec. Got it!
Next, I didn't post them but I've sent several emails to WOrk and Ravspec. They do not wish to help me. They only want to sell me more wheels. No one offered a reduced price. They are not even open to listening. I received the negative reply from WOrk immediately. They didn't ask any questions. There was no thought, it was just denial of warranty. They are pretenting to listen now that this is public. If they really want to do something to help, they had and still have the opportunity to do so.
Old 01-15-09, 03:03 PM
Oleg400
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Well I am never looking at Work wheels, or at any of Ravspec's items. I believe a CL member over some shady rep. ICe like myself probably adores his car and takes care of it, and wouldn't deface a rim to make a post. If it was Ice's fault that the wheel was ruined he wouldn't be on here making such a big commotion.
I had similar issues and i feel for you. GL
Old 01-15-09, 03:18 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 188 Likes on 146 Posts

reggie, here's what i think and also from my personal experience

from reading your post, it seems like the clear coat got "lifted up" and dirt and what not got in between the wheel and the clear coat layer, right? the exact same thing happened to my trafficstar wheel, one of them, 2 weeks after 1 yr i got the wheel (warranty expired). the same thing ALSO happened to my hre wheels, also around lug nut and center cap area.

it was right around the lug nut area, so my guess is when putting on the wheels or so, something hit and clear coat cracked. on your wheel, it could be when they were balancing the wheels or a lot of other scenarios when dealing with center caps.

granted in my case it was past warranty, i talked to my importer and they said if it were before 1 yr expiration, very likely they would have gotten a replacement from japan.

you said it COULD have been bad application of clear coat, but it COULD also be something hitting the wheel, could be a rock, etc... so it's under tear and wear. you can't draw the conclusion it's work's fault right the way, that's unfair to them. i don't know what they have offered you, or maybe they could have done a bit better, but your approach isn't getting you anywhere

and your assumption about why people "sold their Work wheels so soon after buying them", that's pretty thin too. you can assume all you want, but i am also sure a lot of people out there will stand by work quality.

sorry your wheels are having this issue, but your anger and assumptions aren't helping
Old 01-15-09, 03:24 PM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
My name is Reggie. Jim is from Work. Rick is from Ravspec. Got it!
Next, I didn't post them but I've sent several emails to WOrk and Ravspec. They do not wish to help me. They only want to sell me more wheels. No one offered a reduced price. They are not even open to listening. I received the negative reply from WOrk immediately. They didn't ask any questions. There was no thought, it was just denial of warranty. They are pretenting to listen now that this is public. If they really want to do something to help, they had and still have the opportunity to do so.
So I must ask you, what was your demeaor and approach to these people cause you're coming on strong towards them??

Originally Posted by Oleg400
Well I am never looking at Work wheels, or at any of Ravspec's items. I believe a CL member over some shady rep. ICe like myself probably adores his car and takes care of it, and wouldn't deface a rim to make a post. If it was Ice's fault that the wheel was ruined he wouldn't be on here making such a big commotion.
I had similar issues and i feel for you. GL
Well, not everyone is fair and objective all the time so not everyone's word is golden. How can you even call them shady?? Remember we're still only hearing all of Ice's perspective.

Anyway, good luck.
Old 01-15-09, 03:49 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldnt exclude a company based on one persons experiences either. But if the problem continues to happen then I think some people will start to question the quality. Also Henry brings up some very good points. hope this works out for you Reggie
Old 01-15-09, 03:50 PM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RavSpec
Jim From WORK Wheels USA asked me to please post this:
Each WORK wheel purchase include a ENGLISH version of WORK Wheels Instruction Manual. The manual contain many helpfull information to help consumer better understand about our products and how to care for them. Please, take the time to read it, it will help you to minimize these type of issue.

As for Mr. King's case. Rav-Spec has offer a reasonable solution to help Mr. King, but it seem Mr. King is not responsive.

On behalf of AKH Trading Inc. / WORK Wheels USA thank you for taking your time to read this post.

We have just release some new wheels for 2009, please visit our website at www.workwheelsusa.com

Thank you,

Jim ****
WORK Wheels USA

Jim ****
WORK Wheels USA / AKH Trading Inc.
Tel: 714-968-7040/ Fax: 714-968-7050
AOL IM: WORK Wheels USA
I sure hope he didnt write the ENGRISH manual himself...

Goodluck getting a resolution. I know most reputable retailers and manufacturers would at least attempt to work with you; however, without seeing any correspondence between all of you, it would be hard to say they didnt try.

This person at Work seems to lack a degree of professionalism anyway because I would find it hard to believe that they would respond in that manner at on a message board through someone else.
Old 01-15-09, 03:55 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks,

Jim ****
WORK Wheels US A / AKH Trading Inc.
Tel: 714-968-7040/ Fax: 714-968-7050
AOL IM: WORK Wheels USA

The reply from Rick at Ravspeconline is that the decision is totally up to Work and there is nothing he can do. Normally I understand that but it bother me that the guy from Work says the corrosion was caused by the way I clean my wheels. If that were true, the whole wheel would look like this. This corrosion is under the clearcoat. How could my soap get under the clearcoat. One of our members here thinks the coating could have cracked where the center cap was puched in. That's possible but even if trus, the wheel should be made better. The center cap has to be pushed in. The clearcoat should be able to withstand the force needed to push in the cap. Since it's clear that my cleaning techniques did not cause this, I expect the dealer to try supporting my side with Work. But he won't....and he expects me to not tell people about this....and he asked me to buy replacemnt wheels from him. That just pissed me off. Am I in the wrong here?
Same thing happened to a set wheels my buddy had, unfortunately clear coat dose not last forever. Also I do believe it does have a lot to do with how you clean the wheels too.
Old 01-15-09, 03:56 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Which Varianza you have?
My D3S are fine after more than 1 year.
Old 01-15-09, 04:31 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

Actually, I'm glad Jim and Rick came on this thread. Now people can see for themselves how they don't care about their customers.
Sorry, but that's an oxymoron. they came here because they did try to help you and yet you're just trying to discredit them because they won't help you/technically don't NEED TO/REQUIRED TO help you any further.

My wheels have corrosion, probably from improperly applying the clearcoat....I don't know but whatever the cause is not my fault and they won't replace their defective product that is still under warranty.
sorry OP, but your attitude and general tone have put me onto Work's side of this matter.

you COULD say that it was a clearcoat issue during application, but given the location (you know the hub area, the big hole that the balance machine goes through) it COULD also very possibly be that something hit the clearcoat.

If you don't KNOW what caused the problem then how is it automatically their fault? how can you say with all certainty it wasnt YOUR tire installer, or any one of the people that have worked on your car since you purchased the wheels? just because your installation was "expensive" doesnt mean crap, i've seen guys making $50/hour (dealership jockey) THROWING $1400/each wheels around and seen random tiny tire shops white gloving OEM STOCK wheels.

Warranties are for CLEAR MANUFACTURER DEFECTS. if you drove your car through winter salt and saw clearcoat peeling, would you say that it's a manufacturer defect?
Old 01-15-09, 05:25 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 188 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by blacksc400
Which Varianza you have?
My D3S are fine after more than 1 year.
he has t1s
Old 01-15-09, 05:32 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
Warranties are for CLEAR MANUFACTURER DEFECTS. if you drove your car through winter salt and saw clearcoat peeling, would you say that it's a manufacturer defect?
Define manufacturing defects?

You list listed almost every single excuse to hide the fact there is a manufacturing defect, the only one I can think of is if they sent you an oval wheel out of the box.

Sorry for the shameless plug, but dealing with Konig and their dealers were worse, right when you ask them about the warranty replacements, the first thing out of their mouth is you effed up the wheels.

And when I explained to them why I feel this is a manufacturing defect with some scientific and engineering assessment, they mock my knowledge and just tell me its so obvious that my wheel's damage were caused by myself. Makes me so angry..

Last edited by mikez; 01-15-09 at 05:39 PM.
Old 01-15-09, 05:37 PM
brianlin87
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

I don't understand why the OP is putting RavSpec/Work Wheels on blast. If RavSpec/Work Wheels delivered the wheels to him and this aforementioned "corrosion" wasn't on there right out of the box, it should be assumed that the damage is caused by the owner of the wheels. /thread.
Old 01-15-09, 05:47 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by brianlin87
I don't understand why the OP is putting RavSpec/Work Wheels on blast. If RavSpec/Work Wheels delivered the wheels to him and this aforementioned "corrosion" wasn't on there right out of the box, it should be assumed that the damage is caused by the owner of the wheels. /thread.
I don't agree with the OP, but I think you are wrong as well. Things like this you will only understand when it happens to you, or you have experience as a retailer or manufacturer. Many defects are not apparent, just cuz it looks fine out of the box does not mean it is free of defect.

If we take your arguement then next time you get a lemon car then I hope they tell you youre out of luck since when you drove off the lot it was fine
Old 01-15-09, 07:53 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Let me explain.
Usually, I completely understand when a product fails. Nothing is perfect. But, I always expect good customer service.
I had a set of MKW chrome wheels for 2 years. Never had one single problem. Had a set of Alba chrome wheels for 3 years. Never had one single problem. I've had ENkei, TSW, Smith Racing, Sevas and who know how many other wheels. No problems. I did have problems with the Zenetti wheels I had but they were replaced under warranty twice and eventually I received a full refund. Then in 2002 I find clublexus and everyone is talking about high end wheels. The south florida crew convince me to try a set. I buy some Maya GR5 and a month after the warranty, the chrome pitts and the wheels get the same corrosion I have now. Had a set of Racinghart. Didn't keep them long but I could see how sensitive the lips were because fine scratches appeared after a month. Bought a set of Boze forged. Never liked them, they just felt too light and I hated polishing them. Now I have these works and the corrosion problem.
I feel as though I paid my money and did nothing wrong. If the guy from Work would have at least considered all the possibilities to ascertain what could have caused this, I would have felt better. Instead I get a quick reply saying, corrosion caused by harsh chemicals - not covered by warranty.
At the very least they could have asked me to take the wheels to a wheel shop to have them looked at. I'm sure a magnifying glass would reveal any cracks in the clear coat. Instead, I get nothing except an offer to sell me more wheels.
Work T1S are not as expensive as most other high end wheels but they aren't cheap either.
I've had nothing but trouble with high end wheels and I'm done with them. I know any aftermarket wheel could have problems but I haven't had any. At least it doesn't hurt as bad if you don't spend 3K plus. ALso, I'll try to get my next wheels locally in case there are any issues I can talk to real people face to face. One exception, I may possibly buy used high end wheels so it doesn't hurt when they have issues.
You can't get good customer service over the internet or the phone. Unless you deal with someone you know. ANyone can be a wheel dealer. You get a license, contact a manufacturer and apply to be a dealer of their product. Not everyone should be a wheel dealer though. Regardless of the product, any person who sells something should always remember each customer is a seperate individual who paid their money and expects satisfaction. Not just another faceless sale. I have no power this way. I can't force them to listen. I don't like it. You guys can have it.
Old 01-15-09, 10:13 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I know that stuff happens....your point is????
You're I should buy a product that comes with a warranty and when it fails I just accept it? Is that what you do?
I'm not attacking you I just wanna know is that what people do these days?
I hope not.

I am sorry to hear about the drama. Now I hope all of the JDM obsessed guys will realize there is no perfect wheel. TSW wouild have replaced the wheel and its a cheaper wheel. I had an issue with the chrome in a tiny spot on the set on my G35 and they replaced it . I did the order through discount tire. I dont know if that allows me better customer service because they are so damn large. The customer always rules.

How much would it cost to replace the wheel???

From a logical standpoint you are right . Why wouldnt the entire wheel lookmlike **** if it was a cleaner issue. Thats BS

Quick Reply: Work USA/Ravspeconline