Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Work USA/Ravspeconline

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-09, 08:59 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
No, different shop.

There's a guy in this thread who says his Traffic Stars (which are Maya) had the same problem. There is another guy on clublexus selling his Maya's and one wheel has that problem. My old Maya's had the problem. Now these Work wheels have the problem. WOrk and Maya wheels are made by the same manufacturer ( I heard this from Dazz and read it in a magazine). There is something wrong with the manufacturing process.

This is what you should have done the first time....talk to me...ask questions...make suggestions...not tell me there is nothing you can do. Think about it, no customer wants to hear that.
Rominl this is the hype I am talking about. JDM wheel owners jumped all over me for buying asantis back in the day, stating that they were poor quality and that I should have gone with a JDM brand . I am laughing now. The JDM origin of the wheel doesnt make it more reliable as you and some others did imply in the past. Thats all I am trying to state here. My TSW wheel are made to equal standards and the company is 10 times larger and will at least stand behind there products. I replaced a wheel because the chrome didnt seem as shiny in a small area on the wheel. I purchased the wheel through discount tire. The wheel was 14 months old, but they still replaced it at no charge through discount tire. This recent set of TSW wheels I have was purchased through a high end wheel specialty shop so I am sure they will take care of any stupid little complaints. If not the wheel is only 500 bucks a piece. oh yeah I also don't have to wait around for 4-6 weeks for the wheels to be made.

Like I said HYPE.

Last edited by I8ABMR; 01-16-09 at 09:42 PM.
Old 01-16-09, 09:15 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Rominl this is the hype I am talking about. JDM wheel owners jumped all over me for buying asantis back in the day, stating that they were poor quality and that I should have gone with a JDM brand . I am laughing now. The JDM origin of the wheel doesnt make it more reliable as you and some others did imply in the past. Thats all I am trying to state here. My TSW wheel are made to equal standards and the company is 10 times larger and will at least stand behind there products. I replaced a wheel because the chrome didnt seem as shiny in a small area on the wheel. I purchased the wheel through discount tire. The wheel was 14 months old, but they still replaced it at no charge through discount tire. This recent set of TSW wheels I have was purchased through a high end wheel specialty shop so I am sure they will take care of any stupid little complaints. If not the wheel is only 500 bucks a piece. oh yeah I also don't have to wait around for 4-6 weeks for the wheels to be made.

Like I said HYPE.
CHill out man. You sound like you're calling him out.
I think everyone knows TSW are good quality wheels. I think of Asanti like iForged....most will be fine but 1 or 2 out of 10 fail. Too bad for the guy who gets the bad one. The truth is out now that high cost doesn't always mean high quality. Let's not start any little wars. Look at me being peace maker. Do you believe that?
Old 01-16-09, 09:21 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I am not trying to call any member out. I have crazy respect for Rominl. The dude is a lexus guru imo. I have told him that several times. He responded directly to one of my posts so I am answering directly. So he called me out LOL. I also am not trying to say TSW wheels are better than any other brand . all I am saying is that the JDM / work/Volk wheels are not either.

Last edited by I8ABMR; 01-16-09 at 09:40 PM.
Old 01-16-09, 09:24 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rominl
i suggest re-read, i actually think it's pretty isolated. and if anything, what i said kind of point in the direction that issues around these areas are due to labor problem rather than manufacturer defects. fwiw, so many friends of mine have work wheels (and some for years) and they have nothing but good to say about work

hype? what hype, please define. hype is when you think something is but they are not. i don't think anyone say jdm wheels are the best, but most say they are good. and unless you can prove they are all bad, there is no hype about it
This is what I was responding to Again ... I mean no disrespect to any member. Just sharing my opinion

Last edited by I8ABMR; 01-16-09 at 09:41 PM.
Old 01-16-09, 10:51 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
No, different shop.

There's a guy in this thread who says his Traffic Stars (which are Maya) had the same problem. There is another guy on clublexus selling his Maya's and one wheel has that problem. My old Maya's had the problem. Now these Work wheels have the problem. WOrk and Maya wheels are made by the same manufacturer ( I heard this from Dazz and read it in a magazine). There is something wrong with the manufacturing process.

I am going to take the center cap off and examine the wheel with a magnifying glass. I'll bet you a wheel there is no crack in the clearcoat.

This is what you should have done the first time....talk to me...ask questions...make suggestions...not tell me there is nothing you can do. Think about it, no customer wants to hear that.
at the very same time, i had 2 other sets of trafficstar and never a single problem. and like i said i know tons of people with work and trafficstar/maya wheels with no problem, so when it comes to %, who knows how high/low it is. at least to me i can just say domestic i am 1 out of 1 issue, and jdm i am 1 out of 5
Old 01-16-09, 11:03 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I see what you are saying. I ended up going back to the same brand I had before on my G35 because I got burned on my Asanti wheels. I am sticing with waht I know has not burned me before. Its kind of like my love for japnaese cars
Old 01-16-09, 11:04 PM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I am not trying to call any member out. I have crazy respect for Rominl. The dude is a lexus guru imo. I have told him that several times. He responded directly to one of my posts so I am answering directly. So he called me out LOL. I also am not trying to say TSW wheels are better than any other brand . all I am saying is that the JDM / work/Volk wheels are not either.
Say what you will about the companies themselves, because you are entitled to your opinion of their business practices and customer service. But in the process you also took a cheap shot at the quality of the wheels themselves, and what you said is simply not true.

I've personally owned both TSW and Volk wheels (And checked out tons of Work wheels in person), and it is blatantly obvious that the quality of TSW wheels is not even close to Volk/Work, and it's ridiculous to say that they are of equal standards and quality. I'm talking about paint, craftmanship, precision, everything. Not to say that TSWs aren't good, but they are not even close to being in the same league as Volk/Work. And that's a fact.

Now, there are tons of 2ISs on this forum running T1S. If this is indeed a manufacturer's defect, then I suspect that this wouldn't be the first time you see complaints, right? I'm willing to believe that perhaps there was a defect on this particular set, and I'm not going to comment on how the company has handled this, but 1 defective wheel is not enough for you to rag on all JDM wheels like that. And I don't know what is all this non-sense about hype? I guess some people worship JDM wheels... but that's for another thread
Old 01-16-09, 11:30 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Default This is what I am taliking about

here we go again. my TSW wheels are fine. This thread is about issues with a set of JDM wheels. The point you are making is being disproven before your very eyes in this thread by the very member who has had multiple problems with JDM wheels and knows of a couple of others with similar issue. Again , I am not saying TSW are better than JDM wheels. All I am saying is JDM wheels are not infalable products, nor are they more reliable than brands like TSW. The love you have for your wheels doesnt make them higher quality. Thats what frustrates me. Japanese cars are objectively ranked by an independent body. Wheels are not. Its all word of mouth and reputation. Thats it.

Last edited by I8ABMR; 01-16-09 at 11:34 PM.
Old 01-17-09, 06:51 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,285 Likes on 1,391 Posts

I8abmr, please exit this thread. You aren't helping Reg with any resolution by continuing an ongoing argument carried over from previous threads. If you want to start your own thread about your topic that's fine, but please do so in a constructive manner.