Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Dear Honda, Just keep on making the NSX (Mugen NSX-RR!!)

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-09, 12:06 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Dear Honda, Just keep on making the NSX (Mugen NSX-RR!!)

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/t...t/mugen-nsx-rr

What a tease...especially since the NSX has been OUT OF PRODUCTION.
Old 01-16-09, 12:14 PM
ffpowerLN
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dear Honda,

Please keep making the NSX and give the car back its original flip-up headlights. The new front fascia is ugly...

By the way, please fix Acura at your spare time, thanks.

Yours truly,

ffpower
Old 01-16-09, 01:07 PM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

I hate the flipups....the new projectors are sexy
Old 01-16-09, 09:50 PM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone say NSX???

Old 01-16-09, 10:51 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I think its cool but I like the spoon NSX-R GT . It seems more pure to me. The wide body kit pushes it over the edge for me
Old 01-17-09, 01:34 AM
TwiBlueG35
Lexus Champion

Since the 02-05 NSX still looks very modern and sexy, I really think Honda/Acura could keep making them with just some small upgrade(mostly interior) and some tweaks to the engine so it could make something like 320hp or so? Or they just bring over the NSX TYPE R which has never been available in America. Yeah I miss NSX, wouldn't feel bad for Honda if they restart making it.
Old 01-17-09, 01:42 AM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I like the projectors also, I'm sure it helps with aerodynamics somewhat...Just get rid of that shark intake...makes the car look disproportionate, thought I'm not contesting its function
Old 01-17-09, 04:22 AM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

super sick. i'd jump up on that stage and wrap myself around that baby
Old 01-17-09, 10:16 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

beautiful, But I like the Spoon tribute to the NSX-R GT more. Both are great cars, but I still likes spoons car more
Old 01-18-09, 04:41 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by ffpower
Dear Honda,

Please keep making the NSX and give the car back its original flip-up headlights. The new front fascia is ugly...

By the way, please fix Acura at your spare time, thanks.

Yours truly,

ffpower
I though we agreed kill Acura

Its funny. The NSX won "Car of the Year" in Evo as recent as 2001. Its amazing to me people would buy Porsche's 911 which was based on a car from 30 years ago with the 996 but a car as good, if not superior in the NSX died b/c no matter what it was badged (Honda NSX overseas/Acura NSX here) people felt the badge did not warrent the money.

Whats even more amazing is Nissan isn't having a problem selling 70-80k GT-Rs.

I truly wonder should Honda pulled a Porsche? Just refine over and over and over the NSX like Porsche did with the 911. I mean it launched what in 1990 and even TODAY in 2007 outside of Acceleration it would hold its own out there.

IMO the NSX is even more needed as it was a basic sports car and todays sports cars weigh 4000lbs with every electronic known to man.

They should have kept building it and refining it!!!

Old 01-18-09, 04:43 PM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Honda did do just that..They should have continued doing it..
Old 01-18-09, 05:14 PM
muhbuhtuh
Lexus Champion

man that car is a beauty
Old 01-18-09, 05:53 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

Its funny. The NSX won "Car of the Year" in Evo as recent as 2001. Its amazing to me people would buy Porsche's 911 which was based on a car from 30 years ago with the 996 but a car as good, if not superior in the NSX died b/c no matter what it was badged (Honda NSX overseas/Acura NSX here) people felt the badge did not warrent the money.

Whats even more amazing is Nissan isn't having a problem selling 70-80k GT-Rs.

I truly wonder should Honda pulled a Porsche? Just refine over and over and over the NSX like Porsche did with the 911. I mean it launched what in 1990 and even TODAY in 2007 outside of Acceleration it would hold its own out there.

IMO the NSX is even more needed as it was a basic sports car and todays sports cars weigh 4000lbs with every electronic known to man.

They should have kept building it and refining it!!!

The major problem with Honda/Acura and the NSX wasn't that people where not willing to pay high dollar for it. It was that people were not willing to pay high dollar for it being the same basic car with little upgrades over its long life. Unlike the Porsche 911 which is basically the same looking car, but continued to go through somewhat major upgrades every few years, the NSX really only had 3. 1st was the introduction of the T top in 1995. 2nd was the 6-Speed trans and updated power from the 3.2L motor in 1997. 3rd was the fixed headlights and minor exterior upgrades in 2002.

Think about his, since the introduction of the Acura TL in 1996, that car went from 200HP to 305HP today. An increase of 105 HP in 12 years. Not much, but significant. The 1996 Acura RL with 225HP then now has 300HP in 2005. A decent HP upgrade. The NSX had 270 HP in 1991 and had 290 in 2005. In increase of 20 HP. That increase helped out significantly, but that was over a 14 year period. I've seen what 320 HP does on an NA1/NA2 NSX. Imagine if in 2005 the NSX had 350 HP from the factory?

My opinion is if Honda had simply done upgrades to the NSX every 3-4 years with more HP, upgraded body panels, just things to keep it fresh over few years, the car would have been a much better sales success.

Another thing to keep in mind is the NSX was really a dream of Soichiro Honda. This was his passion. I strongly believe if he did not pass away in 1991 (Just lived a little longer) the NSX would have gone through a much more aggressive evolution. Soichiro Honda built cars out of passion. When he died, Honda lost its passion for pure automotive engineering and became just another bottom line company.

Last edited by CK6Speed; 01-18-09 at 10:40 PM.
Old 01-18-09, 06:52 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
The major problem with Honda/Acura and the NSX wasn't that people where not willing to pay high dollar for it. It was that people were not willing to pay high dollar for it being the same basic car with little upgrades over its long life. Unlike the Porsche 911 which is basically the same looking car, but continued to go through somewhat major upgrades every few years, the NSX really only had 3. 1st was the introduction of the T top in 1995. 2nd was the 6-Speed trans and updated power from the 3.2L motor in 1997. 3rd was the fixed headlights and minor exterior upgrades in 2002.

Think about his, since the introduction of the Acura TL in 1996, that car went from 200HP to 305HP today. An increase of 105 HP in 12 years. Not much, but significant. The 2006 Acura RL with 225HP then now has 300HP in 2005. A decent HP upgrade. The NSX had 270 HP in 1991 and had 290 in 2005. In increase of 20 HP. That increase helped out significantly, but that was over a 14 year period. I've seen what 320 HP does on an NA1/NA2 NSX. Imagine if in 2005 the NSX had 350 HP from the factory?

My opinion is if Honda had simply done upgrades to the NSX every 3-4 years with more HP, upgraded body panels, just things to keep it fresh over few years, the car would have been a much better sales success.

Another thing to keep in mind is the NSX was really a dream of Soichiro Honda. This was his passion. I strongly believe if he did not pass away in 1991 (Just lived a little longer) the NSX would have gone through a much more aggressive evolution. Soichito Honda built cars out of passion. When he died, Honda lost its passion for pure automotive engineering and became just another bottom line company.
Good points Chris.

Old 01-18-09, 09:19 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wish Honda made a baby NSX they got from making the NSX. Like stuffing the S2000 engine as a midengine Honda....that would be sweeeeeeeet.

Hell, thats what the NSX originally was wasn't it at the concept stage?

Quick Reply: Dear Honda, Just keep on making the NSX (Mugen NSX-RR!!)