Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus launches in Philippines

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-09, 11:16 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Considering the prices and the R8, Porsches, etc. on a similar note do you think there might be a market for the IS-F there someday?
Old 01-20-09, 11:26 AM
lex-phil
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ Yes, because there are a number of them on the road already (grey market).

And here's one with a damaged engine due to flooding.

Source: http://www.autoindustriya.com/talkbo...?topic=17436.0
Old 01-20-09, 11:34 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Ah, cool!!! Thx for sharing the pictures. I hope that IS-F gets repaired.
Old 01-20-09, 01:49 PM
rsantiago
Pole Position

Lol the IS-F is in the yellow lane good thing the "kontong" corrupt MMDA traffic cops aren't there. Funny how they love to show up at times like lunch time and 4 pm to catch motorist on yellow lane violations.

Last edited by rsantiago; 01-20-09 at 11:29 PM.
Old 01-20-09, 02:42 PM
SupLex3
Driver

Ahh 'Pinas - Gotta love the irony!
Old 01-20-09, 11:39 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Ahh finally, Lexus in the homeland.
Old 01-21-09, 08:27 AM
Shoyuu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by flipside909
Ahh finally, Lexus in the homeland.
I had a feeling 'flip' had something to do with your nationality....
Old 01-21-09, 07:30 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by Shoyuu
I had a feeling 'flip' had something to do with your nationality....
Heh, you must have missed this whole thread in the International Meet section:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/3678659-post65.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/int...nes-noypi.html
Old 01-22-09, 08:02 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by encore888
Considering the prices and the R8, Porsches, etc. on a similar note do you think there might be a market for the IS-F there someday?
Currently, only grey market/parallel importers will offer it.

Come to think of it though, BMW Philippines sells the BMW M3 sedan 6/MT for around 7 Million pesos (or USD$147,873.18) so if Lexus Manila can sell an IS-F lower than that, then I think it could compete well here.

It's just that they'll probably offer the next gen unit (which is some years away)
Old 01-22-09, 05:02 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Ah, thanks for the info. Speaking of the high-rollers, here is the Lexus Manila first-week event + sales info! Choice quotes:

http://businessmirror.com.ph/index.p...ring&Itemid=72

Lexus unleashed in historic glory

So huge was the guest list that visitors were evenly distributed—almost—over three days at the state-of-the-art Lexus Manila HQ along 34th and 8th streets at the Global City in Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City.

There were no less than 800 invited guests, coming from the broadest spectrum of the country’s elite, high-heeled and Parisian-perfumed socialites.

They mingled freely with several topnotch members of the diplomatic corps headed by the Japanese Ambassador to the Philippines, Makoto Katsura; car-loving Cabinet officials like Health Secretary Francisco T. Duque III, Jesli Lapus and Trade Secretary Peter Favila; and, some of the so-called industry captains like PLDT’s Manny V. Pangilinan, the Zobel-Ayalas and young taipan Lance Gokongwei and her sister, Lisa the magazine queen.

Basketball star James Yap was also there. According to the grapevine, James was sent by his wife, the TV-movie star Kris Aquino, to the launch “to scout the best model” from the five Lexus variants launched on January 14 to 16. It is no secret that Kris, the daughter of former President Cory Aquino, is a fierce car buff.
Lani Misalucha, the Filipina superstar now based in Las Vegas, was brought in for a two-night performance.

Contracted to dish out at least eight songs for a reported hefty sum of P1 million, Misalucha relented and sang more, including the Pavarotti staple, “Nessun Dorma.” With her wineglass-shattering pitch, Misalucha literally brought the house down with her rendition of “Nessun Dorma.”
ONE dealer in the South, who spoke on condition of anonymity “lest I be judged guilty of grandstanding,” said that he has gotten four orders already of the LX570 SUV “months before the Lexus launch.”

He said Lexus may be expensive, but yacht-owners would consider every Lexus buy a mere drop in the bucket.

“And how many of our wealthy families here own yachts?” he said. “One yacht costs roughly P20 million.”

In the first two nights alone of the three-night binge, Lexus cornered eight buys.

“One person alone, I was completely stunned, bought four different units tonight,” said Isla on the second night of the launch.

One youngish lad clad in a well-pressed, dark suit—joy etched all over his face—approached Isla to break the biggest breakthrough in his infant career as a car salesman: “Sir, I just clinched my first-ever sale,” Carlo Chungunco told Isla. “The buyer, though, has requested that his receipt be numbered ‘001’, indicating he is Buyer No. 1.”

Smiling broadly at his ward’s historic accomplishment, Isla said, “Done.”

The kid walked away quietly—grinning from ear to ear.
The four-Lexus buyer must be a baller...
Old 01-22-09, 07:52 PM
rsantiago
Pole Position

Looks like Lexus is catering to the uber elite. I wish our Lexus in the states would get the plush 5 star treatment as well.
Old 01-23-09, 05:08 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rsantiago
Looks like Lexus is catering to the uber elite. I wish our Lexus in the states would get the plush 5 star treatment as well.
Well with 220+ dealers, more of them here in the US are luxury dealerships catering towards upper middle-class, and not just upper class/aristocracy.

Although the big dealerships, a few years back in Pennsylvania IIRC, some of the new openings in Florida, and here in CA there have been dignitaries, etc. invited.
Old 01-25-09, 11:31 PM
Carlo_BIG
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by encore888
Ah, thanks for the info. Speaking of the high-rollers, here is the Lexus Manila first-week event + sales info! Choice quotes:

http://businessmirror.com.ph/index.p...ring&Itemid=72

The four-Lexus buyer must be a baller...
Wow, that was funny. didn't necessarily happen like that, but i like the dramatization of the sale

Aside from the introduction thread (which i have yet to find), i will introduce myself here also, Carlo Chungunco, Lexus Manila Sales Consultant If you have any questions about Lexus in the Philippines, i would be glad to help
Old 01-25-09, 11:55 PM
pisaykotik
Lexus Champion

Carlo welcome to CL. What accessories do you guys have for the IS300?
Old 01-26-09, 12:19 AM
lex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Carlo_BIG
Wow, that was funny. didn't necessarily happen like that, but i like the dramatization of the sale

Aside from the introduction thread (which i have yet to find), i will introduce myself here also, Carlo Chungunco, Lexus Manila Sales Consultant If you have any questions about Lexus in the Philippines, i would be glad to help
Welcome to Club Lexus!

Quick Reply: Lexus launches in Philippines